Limitless Sky 1st Annual Costa Del Sol BeachParty Festival! 9/1/13, assistance thread

I'm working on the Open Beta event with some people now Rock it's coming along beautifully. We're planning for the last day of Open Beta. It will be an Aetheryte March - but for other details you'll have to wait and see until we get our thread up ;).

Also, I mentioned to Nachte about a graphic for the beach party event and they were willing to make one if that's ok? Unless you had someone else making one, of course. Just thought it would be nice. n-n

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm working on the Open Beta event with some people now Rock it's coming along beautifully. We're planning for the last day of Open Beta. It will be an Aetheryte March - but for other details you'll have to wait and see until we get our thread up ;).

Also, I mentioned to Nachte about a graphic for the beach party event and they were willing to make one if that's ok? Unless you had someone else making one, of course. Just thought it would be nice. n-n

Sounds good to me!

Hoping with phase 4 streaming into early access I will get some leveling done prior to launch as I will be gone the week of release - but! I shall be back for Sunday! I am very willing to provide crafted items, as long as I get far enough along to do so!

Anyone else have early access? Hoping I can connect with someone then about providing goods for the event :)

Hoping with phase 4 streaming into early access I will get some leveling done prior to be gone the week of release - but! I shall be back for Sunday! I am very willing to provide crafted items, as long as I get far enough along to do so!

Anyone else have early access? Hoping I can connect with someone then about providing goods for the event :)

I do I'm also going to be leveling culinarian and fishing pretty hard during open beta and early access

A launch RP event should probably usa a gathering as an excuse. Say, a festival, a bounty hunt, something that would ICly draw a lot of people so we can all meet up. I'm personally looking forward to this, and I'd love to help in any way possible, as I'll probably won't miss the beginning of the Gilgamesh RP community :D 

Anyway, that's my suggestion, make something like a festival of sorts :)

A festival beach party is exactly what it is.

Oh btw what do you all think of the event being Sunday September 1st 3pm est? The day before labor day?

This would make it 8pm GMT, so good for most EU players too. I'd probably be there for a couple of hours.

You could probably do some in game promoting as well, like a town crier or something walking the streets spreading news of the great festival. Might help draw in people for RP LSs & events (and to this site).

Also, it's not a party without the alcohol. ;) Who's got the rum?

A launch RP event should probably usa a gathering as an excuse. Say, a festival, a bounty hunt, something that would ICly draw a lot of people so we can all meet up. I'm personally looking forward to this, and I'd love to help in any way possible, as I'll probably won't miss the beginning of the Gilgamesh RP community :D 

Anyway, that's my suggestion, make something like a festival of sorts :)

A festival beach party is exactly what it is.

Oh btw what do you all think of the event being Sunday September 1st 3pm est? The day before labor day?

This would make it 8pm GMT, so good for most EU players too. I'd probably be there for a couple of hours.

You could probably do some in game promoting as well, like a town crier or something walking the streets spreading news of the great festival. Might help draw in people for RP LSs & events (and to this site).

Also, it's not a party without the alcohol. ;) Who's got the rum?

Oh definitely, I plan on doing all of that during launch week and early access, and the more helping the merrier!

And as I told a friend, Amaare without alcohol is like Chucky without Cheese.

Alright then so its settled the event will be on Sunday September 1st at 3pm est in Costa del Sol, Limsa Lominsa

Here are some events I would like to do and would love participants

Cooking contests

Crafting contests

Performances/Entertainment

Beauty contest  a literal Mr and Ms Beach Party Festival complete with votes and such. Pehaps we can put up a polling here as a way to get people to come to the site with results being put up Labor Day evening?

The cooking contest can be determined by coin toss. Again these events are meant to be more fun and entertaining than competitive. I really just want everyone laughing and having fun without too much fuss. If it makes things easier to avoid chat sprawl we can do the events chatter in the IC channel so it can stand out amongst the chatter in the area. Its up to you guys.

And maybe some sort of game that would pretty much be a meet and greet/character introduction of some sort. Anybody got any ideas let me know.

One thing about this event is that its pretty casual and light hearted its supposed to be just a fun event that is part rp event part meet and greet for everyone's characters. I don't want there to be a lot of pressure on the new roleplayers so I think a fun event like this should be a nice icebreaker.

If you guys have any ideas for things you want to do at the event besides what I have listed then please let me know.

Oh and Amaare will be functioning at the event as comic relief and a funny judge of the events. While I'd definitely like more contestants I'd love to have two more judges for the events.

On the brightside, Saef can cook, so he'll try and make it. (Sadly I'll have to work the morning after, so I wouldn't be on for too long). Also, Saef will love the booze.

Some ice breakers might help, I think booze should in theory break the ice because it allows people to lighten up.

I just wanted to clarify when start time is 3pm is that in EST? (I am gonna be 100% honest and I totally did not go back and look at the initial post)

I might be able to offer Poe's services as a judge if that is still needed, I just wanted to check the time.

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

I'm trying to convince a few friends to join up on Gilga for P4 so maybe I'll be able to drag them along too.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some levels into Culinarian before the festival.  It's better to have too much food, than not enough.

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

I'm trying to convince a few friends to join up on Gilga for P4 so maybe I'll be able to drag them along too.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some levels into Culinarian before the festival.  It's better to have too much food, than not enough.

lol exactly, the event is the first Sunday after official launch so there is plenty of time

I'd be glad to attend.  This is a great way to make our start on Gilgamesh, and present ourselves as some cool guys who know our thees from our thous, and are just straight up good to play with.

Yeldir is a goldsmith, and good jewelry is hard to find at the early levels, so I'll put together a fat stack of rings and shiny bits to distribute gratis for anyone who wants.

I should stress that, as this server's first big event, it will definitely color how all the other groups on Gilgamesh see us.  We need to do our best to be fun, welcoming and influsterable, so that we appear as a strong community that does bring fun and does not bring harm.

I'd be glad to attend.  This is a great way to make our start on Gilgamesh, and present ourselves as some cool guys who know our thees from our thous, and are just straight up good to play with.

Yeldir is a goldsmith, and good jewelry is hard to find at the early levels, so I'll put together a fat stack of rings and shiny bits to distribute gratis for anyone who wants.

I should stress that, as this server's first big event, it will definitely color how all the other groups on Gilgamesh see us.  We need to do our best to be fun, welcoming and influsterable, so that we appear as a strong community that does bring fun and does not bring harm

*nods* Agreed, I think the starting events will do a good job of that and I can't wait till people do more of them.

Thank you for helping its really appreciated!

Oh btw the Eozean Bounty Board will be running an event first before the Beach Party. I can't wait! So it will actually be the server's first big rp event and its will be a great rp event for new roleplayers to participate in. I hope someone runs an event during early access as well if possible.

*hint hint*

Eorzean Bounty Board Event

These ideas for the Beach Party are fantastic!

Particularly the beauty pageants. lol

Question, once phase 4 is eminent, will there be a list of players that hand out pearls for the RP OOC and IC LS's available beforehand? Or will that be done at the RP events?

It'll be my first time dealing with this and I'm not sure how I ensure I get the appropriate pearls.

Question, once phase 4 is eminent, will there be a list of players that hand out pearls for the RP OOC and IC LS's available beforehand? Or will that be done at the RP events?

It'll be my first time dealing with this and I'm not sure how I ensure I get the appropriate pearls.

Once we get to beta 4 I'll show you how you get them in game

Lol, typical! :P

Though Des you'll be mighty sexy in a bikini!

From the LIVE Letter today:

Q17: When will be able to obtain the new “heat resistant” gear?

A17: The new “heat resistant” gear will be available during one of the seasonal events called the “Moonfire Faire.” The seasonal event should be introduced around a week after launch. Please note that the heat resistant gear will be swimsuits!

Perhaps we could have the beach party coincide with this?  Get your suits and meet us for a BBQ!