Final RP server selection [Should we all unite?]

Since all servers are getting wiped, I'm assuming there is no such thing as a legacy server at this point? Maybe I am wrong and there will still be legacy servers with no wipe?

Anyway, if all servers are wiped, we're all starting from the bottom and we should all decide on one united server to play on so there are more people to roleplay with!

The characters are being wiped, however the server selection will remain the same. :) 1.0 characters will still exist on Balmung.

Balmung is the primary RP server. It's still considered legacy just because it is a 1.0 server carried over. For those who don't want to join a legacy server, there's the secondary RP server, Gilgamesh.

I would love a united server, but at this point some people have made it very clear that they do not want to play on a legacy server.

The wipe is for accounts made for beta cycles 1-3, and to imported 1.0 accounts (legacy or otherwise).  1.0 characters were saved at the end of 1.0, and will be re-imported from that original save for beta 4.

So anything 1.0 characters did after the final save is being wiped, but not the final save itself.  1.0 chars will be back in action as if beta's 1-3 never happened.

Well, it seems other people have beat me to telling you about the 1.0 characters, so I won't repeat it. Anyhow, I'd love a unified server, but it will only happen if SE names a server "RP". An official RP server is the only way I see us all being on one server together. There are people who just don't want to be on a Legacy server for one reason or another and that's okay. So yeah, that's the only way I see a unified server happening. MAKE IT HAPPEN, SQUARE ENIX!

The wipe is for accounts made for beta cycles 1-3, and to imported 1.0 accounts (legacy or otherwise).  1.0 characters were saved at the end of 1.0, and will be re-imported from that original save for beta 4.

So anything 1.0 characters did after the final save is being wiped, but not the final save itself.  1.0 chars will be back in action as if beta's 1-3 never happened.

Wow. Well, I can understand why they want to make 1.0 people happy, but you won't find me on a legacy server. There's no fun in that.

Considering the new player base is going to be like 80% bigger than the legacy players, anyone wanting a fresh start is going to want to RP on a non-legacy server if you ask me. Majority rules son.

Wow. Well, I can understand why they want to make 1.0 people happy, but you won't find me on a legacy server. There's no fun in that.

Considering the new player base is going to be like 80% bigger than the legacy players, anyone wanting a fresh start is going to want to RP on a non-legacy server if you ask me. Majority rules son.

Just because its legacy server  doesn't mean they don't want new rp. There are plennty of people fresh starting there.

though I am curious since when did levels and how long a person had been playing agame had anything to do with rping? 

ill be on balmung with my 1.0 lvl 3 character...yup lvl 3 joined just as the game ended. :)  anyhow where  anyone goes there will always be rp somewhere!!! ♥

o_o Gilgamesh will be the same as any legacy server within a month of launch. People will have multiple 50s by then and there will be tons of gil in the economy..

A majority of the new RPers here will be joining us on Balmung because that is where the bulk of the RPC resides. Many of the 1.0 RPers are starting fresh on Balmung as well, and those who aren't are going to be helping our new people as much as we can. It is everyone's individual choice, and those who do not wish to start on Balmung can find a fine RP home with you on Gilgamesh.

Please let's not turn this thread into all the other server debate threads. The server selections are decided already, and we all know it's very unlikely that we'll ever end up united on one server again due to differences in opinions.

Not every new player wants to start on a fresh start server, as mentioned above there are pros and cons to either side of the argument and no side is really right or wrong. In either case it doesn't really matter because a month or two after launch there won't be any difference between Legacy and Non-Legacy servers, both will have a stabilized economy, both will have their fair share of players who are at endgame. Six months after launch Yoshida has said there will be no such thing as Legacy servers because they'll be opening all servers for server transfer regardless of whether you are a 1.0 character or not.

I don't know if this has been posted but I would like to see official sponsored servers for RP. If you would too I'd suggest posting and liking this post in the feedback forums. Perhaps with enough of an outcry regarding this issue we'll get an answer from SE for RP flagged servers.

We've been after SE basically since the launch of 1.0 about an official RP server. Kylin's latest questioning of SE about it left us with the usual "we'll bring it up again" thing. SE is well aware that we want a RP server designated and we are constantly bothering them about it, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

New roleplayer here, definitely going to Balmung.

Same here (obviously. Can't have the twins separated, after all). I enjoyed my time in Phase 3 on Gilgamesh, but that's largely due to the people I played with--not a single one of them staying on Gilgamesh beyond the non-RP Free Company I joined.

I already have IC ties with people, new and Legacy alike, who will be playing on Balmung. Wouldn't make sense not to go there.

And I'm a legacy player (with a "high-level" character of all of 21) that's starting over with a new character on Balmung. I've seen a lot of others doing the same. I think the idea that the legacy server will have more high level players than new or low ones is really not going to be true or an issue. Just my opinion. But as others have said, this has been discussed already at length. The community will be split over this, there's no getting around it at this point. It's no one fault either.

I don't know if this has been posted but I would like to see official sponsored servers for RP. If you would too I'd suggest posting and liking this post in the feedback forums. Perhaps with enough of an outcry regarding this issue we'll get an answer from SE for RP flagged servers.

We've been after SE basically since the launch of 1.0 about an official RP server. Kylin's latest questioning of SE about it left us with the usual "we'll bring it up again" thing. SE is well aware that we want a RP server designated and we are constantly bothering them about it, but it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Multiple threads created by different people at different times isn't the way to keep on SE about the issue. You need a megathread. Take the limit break mechanic for example. When it was addressed in regards to limit break being made individual over a raid cooldown it had 20+ pages of discussion with around 600 likes before I noticed the response from Yoshi-P. 

That is what the rp community needs to do. They aren't going to come to a third party site to see what people think. They want to be able to look through threads at a glance and see that "Wow there's a lot of pull for this idea" and that eventually turns into more than just the "Oh we'll discuss it" line before it's swept under the rug and forgotten. 

If you want something bad enough you fight for it until things change. With a game that hasn't officially re-launched yet I would think now more than ever is the time to start screaming about it. 

I'll end this train of thought with a quote from the Dalai Lama, "If you think you are too small to make a difference, Try sleeping with a mosquito."

As for the topic at hand as to not derail, I'm still largely undecided. As of right now my guild is leaning towards Gilgamesh but it largely depends on what SE does in open beta. A vast majority of us are new players and with the scattered community between three different servers (that I know of) it feels there's a few too many options.

False. Most new RPers are actually going to Balmung. This is evidenced by the vast majority of active newbies here stating as such both on the forums and in the massive RPC based skype chat rooms. There was even a poll here where 85% of respondents stated they're going to Balmung, and the statistical margin of error for said poll was only about 10%.

This is a dead issue. Most are going to Balmung. Some are going to Gilgamesh. Some are going to Behemoth. It is what it is. In about a month's time, it'll be 'put up or shut up' time for everyone. I have complete faith in Balmung's ability to thrive and this isn't their game to 'lose' anymore after having won it already three years ago. That said, I wish nothing but the best for other server RP groups and hope they are able to stand on their own two feet in due time. And we will continue to support them as needed when able to do so.

In addition, the official RP server business has been addressed. Multiple times. Including PRIVATE correspondence between myself and a SE rep. There are still no plans in the works for this. They could still surprise us, but I think it's high time people accept how things are now and go with it.

Locking thread before it turns into a server flame war like the last ones. Issue is done and over with. Everyone needs to just accept how things are and move with the current, whichever way said current takes you.