Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion

Would there be any interest in hijacking this idea for Gilgamesh? My character, K'anika randomly happened to be Hipparion (discovered this after I chose her name), and remembered seeing the thread about them.

I wouldn't mind setting up the LS and stuff, if there's any interest.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nimarhie, love your avatar by the way. You might have some better luck if you start a new thread with the [Gilgamesh] tag, our own thread here seems to be slowing down, and speaking from my own experience I don't tend to pop into older threads if I am not following them.

Second point related to the first if our brothers and sisters on Gilgamesh form another family we'll have seriously think on the idea prefix someone brought up earlier, so that we can keep them organized without having to rely on tagging everything for one server or the other.

Also if you don't find much interest Nimarhie, I'm sure everyone would enjoy having defect to our server [/end recruitment] xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely different note on the organization of tribe, it seems like separate topic of discussion are sometimes lost to the generalist nature of the thread. I was curious if we wanted to start a Clan site, (I'm kinda on the fence about this even as my own idea cause I kind like the RP and such staying on the RPC) or if we should start topic specific threads here on the RPC. Such as in my case a thread covering the more information bits of the tribe, such as dates, deaths, tribal events and such.

Or if someone has a better idea please toss it out there.

Also I was thinking It may be a good idea to archive our skype chats and tag it on the specific topics that are brought up so that we can look back on it, since sometimes people will not be around for various discussions and decisions. If people don't mind the chats being archived I could go back through that last few weeks if skype plays along and transfer them into google docs.

I didnt run into any luck. Everyone I asked about it on Gilgamesh thought I was talking about the guy that was trying to start an IC Moon-kitty harem. xD

Taijha my main on Balmung is a Moon-kitty though, and I don't really have any interest in making another character on there... unless they offer character renames at some point, in which case, I'll remake my 1.0 character into a Keeper.

Well we do have a small keeper branch which Khaze'to I believe is in charge of and we even have a Tayuun (npc i believe), though being male his name isn't carried foward. He might be able to fit you in, if you wanted. I can understand not wanting to roll a new character I'm going to try and stay with my two for now, for level purposes. xD

Naunet I would consider the other head of the tribe, and she handles the family tree. If your looking for more information on stuff, I kinda just collect the information they post and scour tribe members wikis for more and then organize it all into the timeline.

Couldn't really find much on Taijha (you should make a wiki :P) but I did see your thread on apothecary service/chocobo vet, if that applies to Taijha, that may be a way you can interact with the tribe since we use chocobos to hunt. Well except for K'ailia (silly conjurers :P)

Aaah... wki pages, that's why I never see character bios on the forums. I'll have to make a. Couple... was planning on playing on balmung tonight so perhaps I shall look up the moon-kitty ls.or perhaps you can reccomend me to them. :)

So I've been on the forums all day today and was replying to Nimarhie's thread on Apothecary FC, and suddenly thought about the Lantern. (The RPC newspaper link on the top bar with everything else if you haven't noticed it xD)

I then stumbled upon a bright idea, K'mana is going to write an article in a few days asking for information on missing members of the tribe. Including K'shenyar, it has been driving me nuts recently knowing he's dead and trying to figure out how K'mana would ever discover the link to the moon keeper branch, and I believe I've hit on it. Though I wouldn't expect actual people themselves to suddenly reply to the newspaper, NPC's or other people who know the characters may provide clues K'mana could follow up on.

Also along with this *grins* is the idea to post bounty on especially hard to locate members who refuse to come out of hiding. This would be much in the future, due to K'mana lacking funds, and gotta give time for the first idea to work out. (Posted with players permission of course.)

• 2 weeks later...

The new issue of the lantern has begun circulation!

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/lantern/2013/09/hipparion-tribe-seeks-lost-members/

Send me an IC forum PM or in-game moggle mail with clues or hints, maybe even a reply from a member themselves *looks at the keepers.* However you'd like to run it, if you want an NPC to send the letter or you can even rope one of your IC friends to "turn in" your character.

I look forward to tracking your runners down. *grins*