Hipparion tribe - organization & discussion

Sounds really interesting and a great idea.  Will talk to my other fellow tribe member and see if he wants to make his character part of your tribe, if you have room and want us ofcourse.  My character is A'resha, a female seeker, and Kari was playing my Nunh but it was just the two of us.  A large tribe sounds much more fun.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is always room, believe me there is ALWAYS room :D.  How about the Nunh becoming a Tia, we are going to be killing of one of the current Nunh and have the Tia duke it out IC with a variety of challenges?  Would be good to have you but if its not for the both of you see you in game anyway.

Finally pinned down a few details about Xha'li's dad; namely he was either a full blooded seeker or half seeker/half keeper.  Don't have a name or anything else for him, and only know he'd be about 50-60 years old as of the current time.  He'd of been away with Xha from about 22 years ago till about 15 years ago when he up and 'vanished'.  If any of the current NPC males would fit that's great, otherwise he can just be a random Tia(not that there are probably that many).

Finally pinned down a few details about Xha'li's dad; namely he was either a full blooded seeker or half seeker/half keeper.  Don't have a name or anything else for him, and only know he'd be about 50-60 years old as of the current time.  He'd of been away with Xha from about 22 years ago till about 15 years ago when he up and 'vanished'.  If any of the current NPC males would fit that's great, otherwise he can just be a random Tia(not that there are probably that many).

You playing a cross? Welcome to the club. We could fit him in as a Tia that left the tribe, I take it that's where you are going with your back story?

You playing a cross? Welcome to the club. We could fit him in as a Tia that left the tribe, I take it that's where you are going with your back story?

I am indeed, and making him a mage of some kind to boot.  Not sure how I'll go about having Xha'li find out about it himself unless one of the older members recognizes who his mom is and asks about his dad.  As for his name put in K'suhzu where ever it'd fit.  I have no real preferences about his dad's side of the family.

I would like to join :3 though I wanna talk to someone about the family trees a bit more I kinda got lost reading through the posts lol. I prefer chatting on skype or ts if possible. I did add growly on skype to hopefully get more info but anyone else is welcome to explain it to me.

I would like to join :3 though I wanna talk to someone about the family trees a bit more I kinda got lost reading through the posts lol. I prefer chatting on skype or ts if possible. I did add growly on skype to hopefully get more info but anyone else is welcome to explain it to me.

I have some time and wouldn't mind explaining to you, or try to at least. You can add me as shadowseikou if you want, I'll be here a while still

Okay! I compiled these notes basing some of the cultural notes from native american tribes of the past, which I think fit the Hipparion Tribe. I simply took what I had on the tribes and converted them into Hipparion Tribe notes. So here goes:

The Hipparion was the chief source of food, and items such as cups, decorations, crafting tools, knives and clothing made from the animals flesh, hide and bones.

The tribe would follow the seasonal grazing and migration of the animals

The tribe lived in tents made of tanned skins of the hipparion. They dry the flesh in the sun, cutting it thin like a leaf and when dry, grind it like a meal to keep it, and make a sort of sea soup of it to eat. It would be seasoned with fat which they always try to secure when they kill a hipparion.

They emptied large guts and filled them with blood, and carry this around their neck to drink when they are thirsty

Around June and July the tribe holds a Sun Dance Festival, where they dance around a fire in honor of Azeyma, the Warden. The festival is also a time they have open trade with other races and tribes.

A commonly used technique was the Piskin method. The tribesmen would build a corral and have people herd the hipparion into it to confine them in a space where they could be killed. The Hipparion Tribe constructed a v-shaped funnel, about a mile long, made of fallen trees, rocks, etc. Sometimes hipparion could be lured into a trap by one of the tribe covering himself with a hipparion skin and imitating the call of the animals.

Tribe healers had two roles. They were healers that mended wounds and tended the sick. But they also were considered so important that they were the ones who decided when the time was right to hunt.

Looking into making an female alt for the tribe. Still gathering ideas, read through the wiki and thread, there is some info I'd like if you have it that also might be helpful to other people who would like to join as well. Date ranges for the Nunh's would be helpful in determining age or father depending on how your choosing. Having them placed on the tree might be a good way. Ages and such on the tree might also be a good way to check any improbable age pairings for children.

Also information on the past nunh. I did not see any link in the wiki for the nunh who would most likely have fathered many of the young adult PC's.

I'd also love to say great idea for a tribe, and hope to be able to contribute once I figure out some more.

Don't know if they will be making a miqo'te. Mostly we just plan to play on the same server. Also if I do end up joining she'd be K'kailia. Father would be open for assignment of course :)

Also I have skype kailia77. Feel free to add me. But I wont be able to chat till an apartment inspection is over later :)

I think what Kaze was pointing out is that there is a small branch of the family that did cross-breed with Keepers at one point, so if you want to play a Keeper and still be involved in the Hipparion tribe, there's a place for that.

Oh that's awesome! Yeah I am waiting for the appearance software to come out on the 1st, to see how she'd look as a keeper. If I can't reproduce that look, then she will stay a seeker :)

It may help alleviate your fears a little to know that I did this with a Roegadyn idea I was playing around with on the beta. I was able to make identical characters as either a sea wolf or a hellsguard. The color palettes, hairstyles, faces, pretty much everything seemed to exist identically under both subraces. For Miqo'te, the eyes and tails may be different, as those are noted differences between the subraces, but if they're like the Roegadyn, the lion's share of options should be the same.

Date ranges for the Nunh's would be helpful in determining age or father depending on how your choosing.

When constructing it, I included age brackets for each tier in the family tree, which should give you a general idea of where your character may fall, depending on how old you wish them to be.

As far as information on the current nunh(s), K'raqi does actually have a wiki page. When it comes to information on past nunhs, most of them are side characters created by players involved in this, so you may want to ask us about them specifically if you have any questions.

Hope this helps!

I am interested in information on the Nunhs in the 40-60 bracket K'thalen, K'haaz, K'bashir to figure out which will be my character's sire.

My preliminary idea is a female arcanist who failed the hunt but succeeded in the following trial. I also think she may primarily be a crafter/gather botanist with crafts assosiated with it alchemy and carpentry I believe.

I am interested in information on the Nunhs in the 40-60 bracket K'thalen, K'haaz, K'bashir to figure out which will be my character's sire.

My preliminary idea is a female arcanist who failed the hunt but succeeded in the following trial. I also think she may primarily be a crafter/gather botanist with crafts assosiated with it alchemy and carpentry I believe.

Sorry for the slow response... it's been a busy week!

I can't speak for K'thalen, but K'haaz and K'bashir are the results of me trying to build the family tree more.

K'haaz is K'raqi (my dude)'s dad. Distant, no longer a nunh, possibly estranged from the tribe. Going with him, your character and mine would be considered siblings.

K'bashir is the father of most of K'raqi's mates, including K'maki He's a blank slate even moreso than K'haaz. Going with him, your character and mine are potential mates.

I intended to make a Keeper at first, but as i look over all these miquote tribe and family discussions again, this might be a good way to get in touch with people.

I didnt think much of this idea here as it started, but currently it gets more appaling for me and i think of making a seeker instead.

I also had a look on the wiki article of the tribe and some family members, that is a very helpful tool!

So maybe i'd like to join your family with my main as another Tia. But i wanted him to be arcanist, also im more fond of LimLom than Uldaa... Seeing K'ahna Tia's Wiki article, you would then already have two "oddball" arcanist tias... :|

I have an skype account (Sinustrad, displayed name Sin, im from germany), i try to get in contact tomorrow so we can talk about stuff and ideas and maybe how i could fit in. :)

*snip*

Not really a problem! (Maybe they're siblings or something, both very bad at hunt!)

But I digress, we've more than one oddball in the group already and you're more than welcome! No one is gonna tell you you can't be an arcanist or an oddball Tia because our character sound a bit similar....it all depends on how we play them =3

I'll add you on skype, and add you to the planning group if you want! We're nice and crazy and can answer questions!

Ha, alright, thanks!

There would be of course differences, no two people are the same. I'm already developing more ideas in my head, guess my character will be a little bit rebellious. ^^

I'm looking forward to joining you. I'm nice and crazy too, so i should fit right in. :D

So maybe i'd like to join your family with my main as another Tia. But i wanted him to be arcanist, also im more fond of LimLom than Uldaa...

Thanks to the stupid decision by Squeenix to segregate certain classes to certain cities, I would say that you shouldn't take a character's initial city-state as an in-character consideration. In fact, it's a good rule of thumb to consider everything that is gameplay related as an OOC thing. Unless you want to involve it somehow in RP, but do not feel obligated to say that, for example, your character really went out of Ul'dah and killed 5 cactuars for their blood shortly after arriving at the city.

No experienced roleplayer will hold a grudge against you for doing that. It's pretty much needed to keep any degree of consistent and coherent roleplay.

Otherwise, everyone would end up as the savior of the world.

/off-topic mode off.

I can't speak for K'thalen, but K'haaz and K'bashir are the results of me trying to build the family tree more

K'thalen is technically one of Naunet's characters (though he's dead, so he exists only as a photo in the family tree.) I'm playing one of his daughters (along with other two players, each playing a different one), so it would be fun to have a half-sister around, I think. Interesting interactions could be had!

Ok just to quickly say that for the moment at least we are closing the family off to new people whilst we get settled in and become comfortable with it. Anyone who has already expressed interested is still welcome. Its become a little complicated fitting everyone in and I'm sure in time we can add more members.

Look for us in game, We have an event being planned and you might be lucky enough to be invited, more details will be announced at a later date.

I forgot if this was talked about before, so excuse my lack of memory.

I thin we should pick an adjective for the tribe. So that it will be called "The Adjectived Hipparion Tribe". Like..."The Smiling Hipparion Tribe", or "The Orange Hipparion Tribe". Or maybe something along the lines of "The X Tribe of the Hipparion".

I mention this because the wiki page, to a newcomer, tacitally implies it's THE Hipparion tribe. The main tribe. If we add an adjective or an adjectived construction, it will be more obvious that we are a subset of the much larger Hipparion tribe. Otherwise, we might get problems like people thinking we are picking the -whole- tribe.

After having some looks on the overall organization, more investigation in the matter and some thinkering, i came to the conclusion that i wouldnt quite fit in the traditional tribe setting... it was worth considering, but in the end it is nothing for me.

This has more to do with personal preference, you guys do some great work. ^^

Thanks for the invite and letting me have a look. Maybe we'll see each other again ingame. ^^

I forgot if this was talked about before, so excuse my lack of memory.

I thin we should pick an adjective for the tribe. So that it will be called "The Adjectived Hipparion Tribe". Like..."The Smiling Hipparion Tribe", or "The Orange Hipparion Tribe". Or maybe something along the lines of "The X Tribe of the Hipparion".

I mention this because the wiki page, to a newcomer, tacitally implies it's THE Hipparion tribe. The main tribe. If we add an adjective or an adjectived construction, it will be more obvious that we are a subset of the much larger Hipparion tribe. Otherwise, we might get problems like people thinking we are picking the -whole- tribe.

You make a good point, we shall have to come up with something, we don't want to be seen trying to be the only K' allowed.

And just to clarify the closing of recruitment was only meant to be very temporary, and not for very long, sorry if that didn't come across.