Barber Shop Wishlist

You know I have a hard time picturing my character without shoulder length hair, and the only one I like on the Highlander male is the one Sir Vinders is rocking in my avatar! With that said I like the braids they gave to Highlanders..but I want DREADS! Tied in a tail, let down loose, whatever! Dreads would be cool. Whose with me? ...Someone, anyone? Ok fine what do you all wanna see when you walk into the rotating candy cane building?:D

You know I have a hard time picturing my character without shoulder length hair, and the only one I like on the Highlander male is the one Sir Vinders is rocking in my avatar! With that said I like the braids they gave to Highlanders..but I want DREADS! Tied in a tail, let down loose, whatever! Dreads would be cool. Whose with me? ...Someone, anyone? Ok fine what do you all wanna see when you walk into the rotating candy cane building?:D

Longer hairstyles and more beard options would be great.  I know that they're adding some of those features, I think they showed a couple new doos in the previous LIVE letter.  MAybe they'll be adding new face-paint and tattoos as well?  I don't think we'll have to wait long, 2.1 patch is supposed to come pretty quickly.

Rotating candy canes, definitely. 

That little sign is so deceiving. That is how they used to trick kids into getting their hair cut, I bet.

"Here, look johnny! It's a candy store, lets go in!"

"Really mom?! :bouncy:"

"Yeah! -leads into building-"

"-Horrible old barber man gases kid-"

"-Kid wakes up strapped down in chair and forced to receive a haircut-"

"-Mom gets what mom wants-"

And thus, the twirling candy cane became a staple to barber shops.

I want dreads as well like Raubhan Aldynn!

I want more hair styles which mostly consist of existing hairstyles combined in various ways.

I want more tribal stuff for the Elezen, feral stuff for the Miqo'te... Stuff that can make the both of them look wilder, woodlandsy and whatnot. Maybe some feathers tied into their braids or something.

I want more hair styles which mostly consist of existing hairstyles combined in various ways.

I want more tribal stuff for the Elezen, feral stuff for the Miqo'te... Stuff that can make the both of them look wilder, woodlandsy and whatnot. Maybe some feathers tied into their braids or something.

Sir, I applaud you for your ideas for Miqo hair as I feel the same

I'd love some wilder hairstyles for them and a pointed teeth option. Yes that last part is wishful thinking.

*Bows*

It'd be nice to have all the tattoo's available to all the face types.

That's what bugs me about the current character customization. Certain facial features and tattoos are locked to certain face types. Is there some sort of limitation in the engine that makes more customizable faces difficult to implement? :?

Rotating candy canes, definitely. 

That little sign is so deceiving. That is how they used to trick kids into getting their hair cut, I bet.

"Here, look johnny! It's a candy store, lets go in!"

"Really mom?! :bouncy:"

"Yeah! -leads into building-"

"-Horrible old barber man gases kid-"

"-Kid wakes up strapped down in chair and forced to receive a haircut-"

"-Mom gets what mom wants-"

And thus, the twirling candy cane became a staple to barber shops.

Actually that red striped sign showed that the barber also did bleedings, that thing where they would put leeches on you because they thought bleeding was healthy. Also if there was a blue stripe in there too they tripled as the dentist. *shudders*

ANYWHO! I'd like to see braided stuff for miqo'te males even if it was just giving them the 3 other options for that style with the thick braids. I forget what race but male highlander or roes have 4 versions of that hair while the male miqo's only get 1. More facial hair options would be nice too as I'm not a huge fan of "You want this beard? Well then you have to use this face." I know the faces have different shapes to them but it still kind of seems like a step backwards by locking some customization options to specific faces.

It'd be nice to have all the tattoo's available to all the face types.

That's what bugs me about the current character customization. Certain facial features and tattoos are locked to certain face types. Is there some sort of limitation in the engine that makes more customizable faces difficult to implement? :?

The meshes for each individual face are different, so it's not as simple as just clicking a box that says all beards can be worn on all faces. They'd actually have to go through and add every beard and what not individually to every face to make sure there wasn't any clipping or size issues, otherwise you'd have beards have phased into your face or just too small and didn't fit right.

Sure, they could do it, but it would take a great deal more time for them to implement because they'd have to do it for EVERYTHING. It's a lot easier to just come up with a small number of unique features for each face, plus I recall them saying there was an issue with PS3 limitations that couldn't handle too many options in the character creator.

As someone who has dreads - yes!! I want dreads as well (would love the wildchild from the woods look) - best I could find were some partial dreads on a female highlander...anyone who has had dreads knows that hairstyle isn't too realistic...

As someone who has dreads - yes!! I want dreads as well (would love the wildchild from the woods look) - best I could find were some partial dreads on a female highlander...anyone who has had dreads knows that hairstyle isn't too realistic...

Excellent! Another comrade on the war for dreads! General Vinders, good to have you on the frontlines soldier. But seriously I agree with everyone's ideas so far, but then again who doesn't agree with more customization :P? One can only pray for the future.

Personally I would like to see some more long hair options for guys. or at least better ones. a few more beard options wouldn't be a bad thing either.

oh and one more thing, some highlight options for hair that doesn't look like your head is a piece of Marble rye. (yes there are a couple, but most of the highlights look like they took your hair and did one clump blue one clump white one clump blue one clump white...)

i thank barber shops should have special hairstyles that you cant get in the customization menu other wise i don't see people using it that often

You'd be very surprised..

I knew a girl on WoW who would change her character's hairstyle like every few days. She had over 10,000 gold spent on the barber shop alone.

Also a five o'clock shadow open. or at least something in between the chin scruff and a full blow beard

Five o'clock shadow would be hawt!!

I would love if the lady elezen had a good single ponytail option for long hair. Ideally I'd like more long-hair options without bangs since I like that 'swept-back' look. If they could have one that incorporates a small braid on one side that would be amazing, but that's kind of crazy specific. lol

The one long hair option they've showed to be forthcoming for lady elezens is nice, but wouldn't fit my character very well. Want to see more swept-back hairstyles~

And five o'clock shadows! :surprise: