Phase for prep, game download?

Yea when I go to the old download link posted it tells me to go register FFXIV and then when I go to account management the FFXIV icon has "Code registration currently unavailable.

"

next to it.

Yeah you're gonna have to wait till the 17th to download it then.. Since thats when they are gonna reopen the beta sign up page again. I'm really sorry to hear that Shotgunbadger. :(

Can you help a dumb newbie who just woke up and post a link to where you did that?

I can't it was in the launcher my friend, I'm sorry. I was skimming through the clicks and I saw something about registering a code (I could be wrong I skipped it really fast.) Trying to figure out someone who actually say that page and can tell me what it said actually. I personally don't think it is the pre order code input.. I believe that is on the 20th.

If you missed it I might as well say it again.

That is where you put in the authenticator code, I'm pretty sure.

Oh you saw that while I was writing this... quick... think of something else to put in this post...

Argh, rargh and other sounds symbolizing anger at how slow the download is and questioning why they would use direct transfer than rather torrenting it when that is both less efficient and more expensive for them!

It is a bummer. :( How long do you have to wait to download it? I have roughly 400minutes.. So thats about 6 hours or so? Not bad.. I was expecting a overnight thing going on.

I have... 50 hours.

Hopefully it will pick up some momentum eventually, because there is really no excuse for it being that slow on my connection.

Just coughed up my tea after seeing that. holy smokes.. 50?!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I don't have a super fast connection, but I can do a 7 gig download in like, I dunno, half a day? I'm really sorry to hear about you guys with super long waits, at least we can be happy it's not the 20 gig version!

Well I'll probably be a day or so late but I can't wait to see you guys in beta/Early Access anyway!

Speak of the devil, it picked up momentum.

Current estimate 120 minutes. :D

Also Shotgunbadger, I'd have a looksie around a bit later to see if anyone is nice enough to be torrenting the client, they were for the last beta phase so you could preload it that way.

Spare a cup of awesome connection, please? What Eve said.. Someone is bound to release torrent info sooner or later.

Yea if anyone sees a torrent of it do share. If I understand that right (man I can be derpy) I can download the client just fine like that and then just wait to get my code to activate my account and log in, yea?

Correct.. Though it may be a little annoying, cause you'll most likely have to manually input it in the launcher so it can update it. Message me if you have any questions about that, I remember doing that for 1.0 CBT.. I'm a little hazy on that but hopefully I can be somewhat helpful.

I'll keep an eye out for a torrent release and make a thread for it if no one beats me to it.

Yea if anyone sees a torrent of it do share. If I understand that right (man I can be derpy) I can download the client just fine like that and then just wait to get my code to activate my account and log in, yea?

Correct.. Though it may be a little annoying, cause you'll most likely have to manually input it in the launcher so it can download. Message me if you have any questions about that, I remember doing that for 1.0 CBT.. I'm a little hazy on that but hopefully I can be somewhat helpful.

I'll keep an eye out for a torrent release and make a thread for it if no one beats me to it.

Well I already found some, I just don't want to post them untill I know if it is legit.

I'm also a cynical skeptic so it will take some time before I feel confident in anything torrent related being legit.

Correct.. Though it may be a little annoying, cause you'll most likely have to manually input it in the launcher so it can download. Message me if you have any questions about that, I remember doing that for 1.0 CBT.. I'm a little hazy on that but hopefully I can be somewhat helpful.

Well I already found some, I just don't want to post them untill I know if it is legit.

I'm also a cynical skeptic so it will take some time before I feel confident in anything torrent related being legit.

I usually wait a day or so before trusting any torrents, plus they have to be on legit resources/forums and I also read the reply posts to see if it is fake torrent or not. -nod nod- That is when I decide to share what I find to others.

I received my PS3 code yesterday and began downloading at around 5PM. By 11:30 PM it was at about 17% (this is a 6.4GB) download. I went to bed and left the console on.

10 hours or so later at about 9AM, the download is at 50xxMB/6435MB or so and slowly climbing. Ashren, I empathize with the speeds you noted, because that's about what mine are on average. Usually 70-100 kilobytes a second, and my line cannot go any faster than 145 kilobytes, even though I'm paying for 180 at the least. We're not scheduled to get fiber down here until next summer, and I hope to be out of here by then.

Does anyone know if an additional download is needed for PS3 users besides the 6.4GB? Updates?

Does anyone know if an additional download is needed for PS3 users besides the 6.4GB? Updates?

To my knowledge no, you should be all set once you finish your 6.4GB download. The difference in size for the PC download was explained earlier in this post (difference processing types and what have you). I don't see any chance of an update when the client itself is downloading the latest version.

However there is a good chance come Early Access you will need to download another patch, just because there are still likely things left out of the client that will be added in for launch.

On the plus side, it looks like my download speed has stabilized at 160kbps so hopefully it'll be done in time for beta start tomorrow morning.

However there is a good chance come Early Access you will need to download another patch, just because there are still likely things left out of the client that will be added in for launch.

I was also wondering if there would be another patch to download tomorrow because I was expecting more than 8 gigs.  Ah well, I am sleeping on the comfy couch in my TV room tonight and waking up at 2 am.  If I have to downloading a patch, I'll just fall back asleep!

I feel a little pathetic and awesome at the same time.