Phase for prep, game download?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now you can download the new launcher, but that launcher will not download the actual game files until another date, which many suspect is Aug. 15. It's better just to wait until the new download is announced officially.

PS3 users are still waiting on their codes.

So does that mean that the launcher used for phase 3 is useless now? Can I go ahead and delete it??

Phase 3 client was deactivated last week. A lot of people on the forums are posting that version check issue as a bug but in fact the phase 3 client was supposed to be uninstalled after phase 3 . It just took about 2 weeks for the "unable to complete version check" issue to show up

There is a link on the beta forums which takes you back to the test client thread where phase 3 is now replaced by phase 4. This will download the launcher for the official game .

Once installed it will update your launcher (version check it as well) and if all goes well you should end up as a much better looking launcher splash screen which says the page is in maintenance mode. Supposedly on August 15th we can start downloading the client (17 - 20 GB in size) and on the 16th anyone who has signed up already can play. the 17th is open registration.

edit: oops.. that's what I get for posting at nearly 1am in the morning... I put April instead of August...

Hvinire made a post a few days ago verifying that August 15th would be the date we could start actually downloading the game files, though I think it's kind of BS personally they only give us 1 or 2 days to download 20gb of files, not all of us have the fastest connection in the world.

Hvinire made a post a few days ago verifying that August 15th would be the date we could start actually downloading the game files, though I think it's kind of BS personally they only give us 1 or 2 days to download 20gb of files, not all of us have the fastest connection in the world.

Oh my Gooooooood, my friend will never get to play OB -_-

If it actually is 20 GB, and the extra hard disk space requirement isn't just a "buffer" of sorts to ensure smooth computer operation, I might not get to play either. I'm really wary about leaving my PS3 on for extended periods, let alone overnight--and I only can download 300 megabytes an hour. On a good day!

My consolation goes out to all those in a similar situation.

If it actually is 20 GB, and the extra hard disk space requirement isn't just a "buffer" of sorts to ensure smooth computer operation, I might not get to play either. I'm really wary about leaving my PS3 on for extended periods, let alone overnight--and I only can download 300 megabytes an hour. On a good day!

My consolation goes out to all those in a similar situation.

I might try to set it up to download before I head to work. Hopefully 8 hours is long enough.

yeah there was a huge thread about it on the forums that they have a 20GB buffer.. and that it is only 10-12GB but if you think about it we only had a handful of content (lv 1-30 areas) and just a few dungeons and the client was 6 GB

We now have lv 30-50 content + more dungeons and textured maps + the voice over work in English and Japanese (and possibly other languages if all clients get the same options)

Ideal it might be around 10-14 GB but I'm banking on it being larger. I mean the GW2 install was 14.4 - 14.6 GB on launch day

SW: ToR was around 18 GB

Oof, what a tight timeframe. I don't have the greatest connection but I'll probably be okay...still, you'd think they'd want to give people enough time to get it.

Anyone know if some random good citizen with amazing lightning like connection is gonna make torrent files for the game? People in a few websites have been throwing that idea up in the air.. Could make downloading the game a bit faster. I did the the torrent method back in the beta phases for 1.0

Link to game client download on the beta forum.

So to be clear for those of us who never played a previous phase we should still download this, because it'll be patched into the proper game client/early access one? Also we just go sign up for beta on the 17th when it begins and when we get in we can just log in through this?

edit: Oh no it says I can't download because I don't have the game registered, and when I go to register it it says code registration currently unavailable? Am I boned until the 17th?

Link to game client download on the beta forum.

So to be clear for those of us who never played a previous phase we should still download this, because it'll be patched into the proper game client/early access one? Also we just go sign up for beta on the 17th when it begins and when we get in we can just log in through this?

* This software can be used for Beta Test phase 4 (Final Beta), early access, and the official release once the game has launched.

Sorry if you don't have access to the beta forums :( ... though if you've been invited to participate and registered, it should be available to you.