The Screenshot Thread [Tag Your Spoilers]

p.s @Zyrusticae, what program did you use for that lighting effect? I saw it posted somewhere ages a go and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

SweetFX.

I'm using these settings. They're pretty extreme at times, but I like what it does to metal textures.

Aghh! I'm so sorry, I totally forgot to say thank you for this. I downloaded it the other day but couldn't get it to work, despite it running fine in the benchmark. I finally fixed it though and the results are really nice!

And by fix, I mean that I actually put it in the same directory as the game exe and not the boot exe... :cactuar:

Anyway it looks great, a few simple tweaks really adds some depth to the game and I just wish that taking in engine screenshots/disabling the UI also didn't disable the SweetFX... because it's a pretty damn sweet effect.

So I threw in a bunch of shots of my alt, Seras, who is ever so adorable, into my album.

dE4Lypg.jpg

And a couple of inn room shots:

ISfGAkE.jpg

5zLYXut.jpg

Anyway it looks great, a few simple tweaks really adds some depth to the game and I just wish that taking in engine screenshots/disabling the UI also didn't disable the SweetFX... because it's a pretty damn sweet effect.

You can change that keybind, actually. Change the 'disable hud/ui' keybind to something besides scroll lock (I personally use ctrl+shift+h). You should do the same thing with the screenshot keybind (or remove it entirely) so that you don't have to deal with taking two screenshots at once (which can waste disk space and also causes a bigger stutter).

I'm usually no good with taking screenshots but I had to try at least before the servers closed. Nothing special but oh well, here is my snowflake-personality Hy'ur TwT

b3zg.png

ebc3.png

xjgz.png

Will post some of my Miqo and other Hy'ur soon ^^/

So many cool screenshots, makes me miss the game already.

You can change that keybind, actually. Change the 'disable hud/ui' keybind to something besides scroll lock (I personally use ctrl+shift+h). You should do the same thing with the screenshot keybind (or remove it entirely) so that you don't have to deal with taking two screenshots at once (which can waste disk space and also causes a bigger stutter).

Good to know, thank you and I'll get right to it!

...next week :C

Also contributions to the thread Gods.

This is Logan /smirk

31KksFE.png

Chocobos are awesome :chocobo:

j8xwGo3.jpg

Marauders, they fight on the sea... and in the sea, right?

eAXfyXC.png

I took this half an hour before the end of the beta, seemed kinda fitting :3

kjSXKnq.jpg

I'm so busy taking screenshots of the scenery, I forget to take screenshots of the people in it. :o

But here's a few I can offer!

sCXpN79.jpg

Kq3JyfQ.jpg

MRy46Zl.jpg

Oh, and here's a couple with characters in them. :P

PqeG22V.jpg

Tralala Trala. =D Alas, this is the only pic I got of you. :(

cMWhBZq.jpg

N'klas in my favorite gear for him (all the dungeon farming!) that he can't actually wear IC yet.  xD

5niwhzK.jpg

And then N'klas in his RP outfit, cause he's a bum. :P

Woooow, I never even thought about FPV for taking screenshots, thank you!!

Even after I fangirled to you about it the other day? *Falls over*.

Your paladin looks great in those screens, by the way. I especially like the second, it looks like a scene.

=========

Not exactly beta screens because beta is over today, but I finally managed to figure out how to use SweetFX!! This is my experiment from the Benchmark.

tumblr_mrslf8RA6G1sa36iko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrslf8RA6G1sa36iko2_1280.jpg

Woooow, I never even thought about FPV for taking screenshots, thank you!!

Even after I fangirled to you about it the other day? *Falls over*.

Your paladin looks great in those screens, by the way. I especially like the second, it looks like a scene.

=========

Not exactly beta screens because beta is over today, but I finally managed to figure out how to use SweetFX!! This is my experiment from the Benchmark.

tumblr_mrslf8RA6G1sa36iko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mrslf8RA6G1sa36iko2_1280.jpg

No, you reminded me of it's existence but it still didn't occur to me >w< *slow*

K'mih is so ridiculously pretty @-@ I am extrememly jealous of your graphics and Photoshopping skills =w=

Here's another for you then

rizk.png

Welp, this is me after I finally got back in (I was so giddy I ran in circles around the Aetheryte thingie in Limsa Lominsa for like, half an hour!):

odyc.png

And this is from my adventure on the Japanese server I ran to (Vaelfor?).  Yes, for 12+ hours yesterday, I was a Falafel (Lalafell!):

cmu.png

And yes, my name was Pink Pansies.  Because I could.  >.>  I found a group of Falafels that included Hamburger Freedom, Chai Tea, and...horror of horrors!...Joffery Lannister.  I even have a screenshot of him dead:

9vwg.png

There are more in this album: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10283822/

Oddly, about half of my screenies didn't save.  :(

where abouts do you put the sweetFX files?

want mah game to be pretty at launch xD

I'm actually unsure of where they go, since they're supposed to be where the game exe is, yet the game itself has several exes ^^;

I'm clumsy at this, so I just... pasted the SweetFX files in every folder I saw that had an exe *laughs nervously*.

At least it worked.

You can be testing it at the Benchmark.

Knahli> Hahaha! Random comics are random *loves*.

SweetFX files go into the FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ directory, not the \boot\ directory. Naturally, this means you edit the settings file in that directory, as the boot directory is useless for that.

I just HAVE to state that you have the cutest miquote I've ever seen and let me just say that I've seen a bunch of them xD She photographs so well in all your photos!

Thanks a bunch! If my count is correct, this marks the seventh time someone has posted a compliment for her. I am so proud.

I didn't take a lot of screenshots in phase 3, or 1.0. I decided to change that starting phase 4. Here are some of my favorites:

1JpvWlj.jpg

E'rinha, formerly Rendal, being all cast in the evening sun as he.. well, casts.

On4wugC.jpg

Coerthas has some serious atmosphere going on. Between the ruined castles, and the music, it may just be my favorite zone. If only one of the castles was haunted.. hmm.

AXndkzX.jpg

More Coerthas. Gueststarring Kivhi's head. (I really like the perspective in this shot. Especially with how large her head is, and how small the gigas is.)

ltYMrHw.jpg

Hazy Ul'dah. I love the new weather effects!

wJQXNjR.jpg

Breakin' rocks in La Noscea for that sweet, sweet carbonized matter. There's something about the gathering in this game that just makes me need 99 of everything I find.

KMlCC4i.jpg

Kivhi got locked out of Balmung for a day or so because of that error, so we made characters on a JP server to mess around with. This is my favorite shot of that little escapade. Best part? A japanese player telling all us 'white pigs go home'.

A final shot:

NZGetB0.jpg

Look at that grin.

Man, that SweetFX thing is really nice. I've spent the last hour playing with settings for it until I found something I think I like.

Not quite beta, but a character I had made in the benchmark that I couldn't get in game with Balmung being closed and all. Here she is with my graphics all tweaked. :)

Q0xgJNH.jpg

And for comparison, the before shot.

Looking forward to this weekend so I can see how this looks in action and in more areas/lighting. :P

E'rinha, formerly Rendal, being all cast in the evening sun as he.. well, casts.

I think I RPed with you in the last beta phase... I seem to recall a Rendal.

Anyway, I picked up a level one samurai helmet since I can't actually play as a samurai :( I love it though.

ffxiv_19082013_080441_zps13dd4f94.png

ffxiv_19082013_080438_zps3b30bedd.png

It looks even better with the Foestriker's Tabard, but I didn't manage to grab a screen of it.