The Grindstone

YesGood

I wanted to make an update for our current and future members:

Recently it's been brought to my attention that we're rapidly nearing our member cap in the Grindstone LS. In order to bring more people in, I am considering starting a secondary LS and separating all our spectators from our healers/combatants into said LS for updates on when tournaments are being held. While this will separate a large member group, I hope to give as many people access as possible and I feel that this will help accomplish this goal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grindstone people =)

I was wondering where you all typically hangout RP wise, that way I could see about mingling/joining (if you'll have me :P)

=)

I second this. Was hoping to get in on the LS if you think I would make a good fit. And would like my character to meet up with some members IC!

Hey Grindstone people =)

I was wondering where you all typically hangout RP wise, that way I could see about mingling/joining (if you'll have me :P)

=)

I second this. Was hoping to get in on the LS if you think I would make a good fit. And would like my character to meet up with some members IC!

A third on this one, the concept is intriguing and I'd like to explore how well it would fit my character!

Oh my! That all came in rapid succession. Most of the time, except on tournament nights, we don't meet up so much any more. I try to hang around the bridge in Central Thanalan when given the chance but lately I've been trying to grind my way to 44 (at least). If any of you want to stumble across Sio and any of her accompanying friends, feel free to add me to friends or PM me. It'll often be after 10 pm EST on any day.

Oh my! That all came in rapid succession. Most of the time, except on tournament nights, we don't meet up so much any more. I try to hang around the bridge in Central Thanalan when given the chance but lately I've been trying to grind my way to 44 (at least). If any of you want to stumble across Sio and any of her accompanying friends, feel free to add me to friends or PM me. It'll often be after 10 pm EST on any day.

Excellent! I Shall lurk accordingly.

I welcome each and everyone. We'll be having our training days on Wednesdays and our tournament days on Saturdays.

Val -is- a great person to add. Spectacular RPer who is wonderful at combat and very very active. <3

I'll also be on for the next couple hours, I hope, if anyone is about now.

I'm also relatively new to the server and very interested in what you have going here. My character isn't interested in making a name for herself, but I'm sure she'd love to watch the fights and maybe partake in a little bit of gambling. I'm gonna swing by Wednesday to check out the local talent. :thumbsup:

I'm also relatively new to the server and very interested in what you have going here. My character isn't interested in making a name for herself, but I'm sure she'd love to watch the fights and maybe partake in a little bit of gambling. I'm gonna swing by Wednesday to check out the local talent. :thumbsup:

Remember that the tournaments are on Saturdays and the training events are on Wednesdays now. It was being run just a touch too often before. <3

• 1 month later...

Hi there! A few questions, if you will.

I have a character that may be interested in this, but she's not much of a prize fighter, and would probably be more interested in finding people to spar with and be trained by. ICly, she's not affiliated with a Free Company, but I have her sitting in one for the purpose of talking to some close friends. My questions are as follows.

1.) In terms of activity, is the FC chat a big deal, or do most people use the Linkshell for IC/OOC communication purposes?

2.) Even though you've clearly given your blessing when it comes to events outside of the weekly Grindstones, how often do other things seem to happen? Do people gather all the time, or is more of an occasional thing.

I think that's it for now. Thank you!

Hey, Oli.

Not being a part of the FC myself, I cannot speak for it's importance with chat. However, the Grindstone does have a linkshell with all regular members on it. I believe this is both IC and OOC as a channel and is used regularly for communication. The upside of it being a linkshell is that you can stay in your FC whilst "getting all the latest"! Feel free to contact an officer of Grindstone (which I think are listed here. If not, just say and I'll give you some useful names!) and express your interest, if you'd like to join the Linkshell.

As for events outside of the weekly Grindstones, I can happily say that there are many. Many of these are posted on these forums, but some are exclusive to chat on the Linkshell for some reason or another (ie. Not wanting to make a thread). There is also a lot of RP among members and non-members alike outside of formal events, in the form of casual roleplay (RP between events, not the casual type of RP .The type can vary greatly). With this, as you mentioned earlier that you'd rather find spars and tutelage outside of the main Grindstone event, this would be your best bet to find a roleplayer willing.

Hope I answered your questions to a satisfactory level! :) Any further information needed? Just ask.

Hi there! A few questions, if you will.

I have a character that may be interested in this, but she's not much of a prize fighter, and would probably be more interested in finding people to spar with and be trained by. ICly, she's not affiliated with a Free Company, but I have her sitting in one for the purpose of talking to some close friends. My questions are as follows.

1.) In terms of activity, is the FC chat a big deal, or do most people use the Linkshell for IC/OOC communication purposes?

2.) Even though you've clearly given your blessing when it comes to events outside of the weekly Grindstones, how often do other things seem to happen? Do people gather all the time, or is more of an occasional thing.

I think that's it for now. Thank you!

!.) The FC chat is generally not a huge deal. It hasn't been, although perhaps it's grown a bit since. Usually the LS is used, as everyone in the FC is in the LS, but not everyone in the LS is in the FC.

2.) Members of the Grindstone are extremely pleasant and helpful. They're usually down for roleplaying outside of the tournament and many of them have very serious fighter characters. Feel free to ask any time but remember that there are different times where people might be preoccupied with other aspects of the game or other RP. (Outside rp happens a lot and I met almost all of my RP friends through the GS)

• 4 weeks later...