Truth Serum! Questionbox sort of thing.

So back in my WoW RP days, in our forums, we had a little game known as "Truth Serum". In the intro of the thread, the thread poster's character would drink something -- be it water, tea, coffee, anything. But this drink was a 'truth serum', and the character would start hearing questions that he or she MUST answer ((unless it gives very important details to plot development or spoilers to anything currently being run IC)) to this voice. This voice could be another character (ex: Jancis asks; "How are you feeling?") and Oscare would respond as if he was talking to this character ICly (even if he doesn't know you ICly!). This Character-to-Character. Another form is "Player-to-Character" where it's more of an OOC question that I would answer as if it were asked ICly (ex: Some forum user says; "Player-to-Character: Do you like tight shirts or baggy ones?"). This not only allowed us to expand our characters in ways we never imagined (like the shirt question above), but it serves as more of 'trivia' thing! Of course, you can't use any of this information in-game. This is all OOC in an IC standard, if that makes any sense. 

So, if you guys have anything you want to randomly know, ask away! Be as personal as you like.

In-character intro: Oscare sat at his usual chair in the Quicksand when a lovely miqo'te female barmaid approached him. She politely offers him a glass of herbal tea -- strange. He had not ordered anything. But he nods in return and takes a quick sip of it. Something unexpected happened. He started hearing voices once he put the glass down, looking around. No one was speaking to him? He just looks across the table and sees you. 

"Got something to say?"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren turned in the direction of the voice, eyes narrowed.

"Me? Plenty, as always, but Gods know I keep my trap shut to keep the peace. What of it, Master Oscare? What's the deal with that, anyway? Don't like formality?"

"I hate it. I'm no 'Master' or 'Lord'. I'm just Oscare, thanks. Don't attach those fancy titles on me." Oscare flicks his chin away. "I've never been up to that crap."

Warren turned in the direction of the voice, eyes narrowed.

"Me? Plenty, as always, but Gods know I keep my trap shut to keep the peace. What of it, Master Oscare? What's the deal with that, anyway? Don't like formality?"

Elyscia snorted.

"Formality? Wha'ssat? S'at like some ah yer.. fancyfolk shenanigans? Me Ma' tried t'teach me t'be ah prop'ah lassie.. ah Fancy lassie.. Posh wee lassie. But ah'm bloody gonnae swear 'n' hate dresses, 'n'.. Ah don' bloody ken what ah'm talkin' 'bout...

Dae ya always look like tha'?"

"Course ah bloody like yer choc'bo mare than ya! Ah like all choc'bo's mare than most folk! But ah'm no gonna lie, ah think yer ah wee bit alright. But yer ah wee bit big 'n' scary.

'Sides, ya don' like miqo'lassies, dae ya?"

"Me? Not particularly." Oscare snorts. "Won't say I haven't eyed a few now and then, but they don't catch my eyes as well as say, a good lookin' hyur or roe. Heh." 

[[Remember, questions can be player-to-character too. :D They all don't have to be IC.]]

Roen crossed her arms, canting her head. This tea was delicious! And the whole scene had a dreamy quality to it. Sure, why not play along? Red-haired Midlander didn't recognize anyone of the faces, but it did not matter. She was curious about all of them.

"I was once told, our worth is measured by what we do in life. What do you want to do with your life?"

Roen crossed her arms, canting her head. This tea was delicious! And the whole scene had a dreamy quality to it. Sure, why not play along? She didn't recognize anyone of the faces, but it did not matter. She was curious about all of them.

"I was once told, our worth is measured by what we do in life. What do you want to do with your life?"

"The answer to that is a very simple one." Oscare smirks, a cocky one at that too. "I want to become the best bow-and-gunman in Eorzea. A sniper that has no match. Eyes that are practically weapons. Curious question. I like your style."

"The answer to that is a very simple one." Oscare smirks, a cocky one at that too. "I want to become the best bow-and-gunman in Eorzea. A sniper that has no match. Eyes that are practically weapons. Curious question. I like your style."

That response was something she did not expect. But then again, she really knew nothing about him. "Oscare... is it? Why? Is there someone you want to end without them ever seeing your eyes?"

That response was something she did not expect. But then again, she really knew nothing about him. "Oscare... is it? Why? Is there someone you want to end without them ever seeing your eyes?"

"Plenty of people want me dead, honey. I want them dead too. There are others I want bleeding on the floor without ever knowing what hit them. This is what a sniper does. This is what I'll do. Is there a problem?" His response was grim.

"Plenty of people want me dead, honey. I want them dead too. There are others I want bleeding on the floor without ever knowing what hit them. This is what a sniper does. This is what I'll do. Is there a problem?" His response was grim.

Now also caught with the bug going around, Coatleque speaks her mind.

"Aye, there is. You fight with no honor, Ser. If you are going to challenge a man, you may as well give him the chance to defend his own and let the Twelve decide who's way is the right of it. Or are you afraid they may not chose you?"

"Aye, there is. You fight with no honor, Ser. If you are going to challenge a man, you may as well give him the chance to defend his own and let the Twelve decide who's way is the right of it. Or are you afraid they may not chose you?"

Hornet had been listening quietly but felt compelled into speech after Crofte's question. "Infants starve in the streets while terrible, corrupt men thrive and grow more powerful by the day. If the Twelve are the ones picking the winners they do a piss-poor job of it. Better to handle your fights as safely for you as possible. What gives you the impression that the Twelve are paying a lick of attention to anything that goes on in this world?"

Hornet had been listening quietly but felt compelled into speech after Crofte's question. "Infants starve in the streets while terrible, corrupt men thrive and grow more powerful by the day. If the Twelve are the ones picking the winners they do a piss-poor job of it. Better to handle your fights as safely for you as possible. What gives you the impression that the Twelve are paying a lick of attention to anything that goes on in this world?"

Kiht Jakkya picked a bad time to enter the Quicksand. She sniffed the air and her powerful sense of smell picked up a huge dose of this truth serum stuff that seemed to be flying through the air. Or was it the tea she just drank? Her eyes went wide as she fell into a trance-like state, and her ears perked up to listen to all the voices in the tavern. She heard the question from the Roegadyn woman, but regards the group as she answers.

"I believe the Twelve guide us, but I do not think they dictate what happens. I do not blame them for the boar shite that happens in this world. That is our doing. Magic is my proof of this. The power of Aether. Where else would such a thing come from if it is not from the Twelve? How do you explain the world's wonders?"

"Aye, there is.  You fight with no honor, Ser.  If you are going to challenge a man, you may as well give him the chance to defend his own and let the Twelve decide who's way is the right of it.  Or are you afraid they may not chose you?"

"Honor? HONOR? The hell do you think of life, Miss Crofte?! Nothing waits, time keeps revolving around and around. If I had to wait just to get my chance at a man's throat, I'd rather choose to not live. Honor is a worthless concept. To me, it's do-or-die."

Hornet had been listening quietly but felt compelled into speech after Crofte's question.  "Infants starve in the streets while terrible, corrupt men thrive and grow more powerful by the day.  If the Twelve are the ones picking the winners they do a piss-poor job of it.  Better to handle your fights as safely for you as possible.  What gives you the impression that the Twelve are paying a lick of attention to anything that goes on in this world?"

"I like to think that the Twelve does guide us, but they do not make us. Dear Nophica and the others -- they bless us with our world's energy of aether. But they do tell us the correct usage of it? No. Man decided that." Oscare looked down for a second. "There are five true senses that I firmly believe all life has. Hearing. Thinking. Feeling. Observing. And reacting. These are the true five principles that change with every single individual. No one has the same interpretation of these 'senses'."

"Honor? HONOR? The hell do you think of life, Miss Crofte?! Nothing waits, time keeps revolving around and around. If I had to wait just to get my chance at a man's throat, I'd rather choose to not live. Honor is a worthless concept. To me, it's do-or-die."

"What I think, Master Iono, is that it is a gift from the Crystal. There are many in this world who chose to squander theirs, or worse to steal it from others. I loathe each time I am forced to draw my blade, and every wound caused by it weighs heavily on my soul at night. I wonder how anyone could take such an act so lightly as you seem to do."

"What I think, Master Iono, is that it is a gift from the Crystal.  There are many in this world who chose to squander theirs, or worse to steal it from others.  I loathe each time I am forced to draw my blade, and every wound caused by it weighs heavily on my soul at night.  I wonder how anyone could take such an act so lightly as you seem to do."

"... Heh." He snickers violently. "No wonder you paladins suck and drop like flies. You're too nice. You follow this crap of a concept called 'honor'. You feel sorry when you cause a wound? I feel alleviated because I just saved myself from death. It's survival -- tricks and traps. Cheating. I don't have time to worry about 'is this wrong or is this right', I'm worrying about 'survival or death'."

"... Heh." He snickers violently. "No wonder you paladins suck and drop like flies. You're too nice. You follow this crap of a concept called 'honor'. You feel sorry when you cause a wound? I feel alleviated because I just saved myself from death. It's survival -- tricks and traps. Cheating. I don't have time to worry about 'is this wrong or is this right', I'm worrying about 'survival or death'."

Hornet grins to herself. "This one's got the right of it." She gestures to Oscare. "We only get one chance at this and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some code of honor put my life at risk when it comes to a fight. They call it 'dirty fighting' because they try to guilt you into not doing everything you can to win. Don't hesitate, just end the fight as quickly as possible however you can. You don't get a second chance. Some of us aren't so blessed by the gods or the Crystal or whatever and every second of life that we get is something we have to claw and scrape for. What's wrong with doing what you have to do to survive?"

"You speak about fighting for survival as if you're some kind of animal and your only options are to prey or be preyed upon. I believe we can be better than that, and 'I had no choice' is a piss-poor excuse to justify harming someone else. There is cruelty in the world, yes, but we either give into it and spread that cruelty or we rise above it and foster kindness and hope. Or do you think there's something wrong with wanting to protect those who can't instead of feeding off of them?"

"You speak about fighting for survival as if you're some kind of animal and your only options are to prey or be preyed upon. I believe we can be better than that, and 'I had no choice' is a piss-poor excuse to justify harming someone else. There is cruelty in the world, yes, but we either give into it and spread that cruelty or we rise above it and foster kindness and hope. Or do you think there's something wrong with wanting to protect those who can't instead of feeding off of them?"

"That's because we ARE animals. It IS a prey-or-be-preyed world. If you can't work to earn a single coin, or you can't bother yourself to pick up a tome or a sword or anything you want to defend yourself, you may as well be a walking corpse." He looks down, however. "... I won't deny that yes, there are those out there that are worth defending on a personal level. But you said so yourself, we can better right? I'm not. These are hunter instincts, just like your code of honor." He narrows his eyebrows. "Alright, humor ME for once, then." 

"What do you think is worth defending so much, Master-Mister-Sir-Whatever, paladin?"

"What do you think is worth defending so much, Master-Mister-Sir-Whatever, paladin?"

"Anything," a voice breaks into the conversation. It is a raven-haired Highlander, leaning on the railings near Oscare's table. She wears a smirk as she watches those gathered, jeweled arms folded in front of her. "Anything that is precious to me. It could be a joke that made me laugh. Or my favorite bottle of perfume. Or my mother, I love her dearly! And no one goes near my Basht."

She shrugs. "Bah, so serious of a discussion. Why not talk about what's really on everyone's minds?" Her green eyes roam to the Highlander men without shame. "Boxers? Or briefs?"

Warren meets her gaze, almost looking defiant if not for the small grin.

"Smallest, tightest shorts I can find. It's important to keep everthing...secure... under the armor." He laughs, unsure how that was a pressing topic. "Why does everyone seem to want to know that? Gods know I can't go anywhere without someone wondering it to themselves."

"Anything," a voice breaks into the conversation. It is a raven-haired Highlander, leaning on the railings near Oscare's table. She wears a smirk as she watches those gathered, jeweled arms folded in front of her. "Anything that is precious to me. It could be a joke that made me laugh. Or my favorite bottle of perfume. Or my mother, I love her dearly! And no one goes near my Basht."

She shrugs. "Bah, so serious of a discussion. Why not talk about what's really on everyone's minds?" Her green eyes roam to the Highlander men without shame. "Boxers? Or briefs?"

"I..." Oscare looks from side to side. Wow, did she really just have the audacity to say that? "Well, if you must know, I prefer boxers. Easy to move around in." He lifts his head. "What a strange topic changer."