Truth Serum! Questionbox sort of thing.

The Highlander looks pleased. "And why not? Too many bluster about honor, life and death, and all that is wrong in the world. I prefer to drink my wine over more pleasant conversation. And even better, scenery that is easy on the eye."

She pushes off from the railing, reclaming the glass of wine that was precariously balanced on the wooden beam. She is not favoring this strange tea that everyone seems to be high on. "And boxes or briefs -- it is very important. It guards some of your most precious things."

"Pray tell, what are some of your most precious things?"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Highlander looks pleased. "And why not? Too many bluster about honor, life and death, and all that is wrong in the world. I prefer to drink my wine over more pleasant conversation. And even better, scenery that is easy on the eye."

She pushes off from the railing, reclaming the glass of wine that was precariously balanced on the wooden beam. She is not favoring this strange tea that everyone seems to be high on. "And boxes or briefs -- it is very important. It guards some of your most precious things."

"Obviously my bow. Duh. What kind of bowman is one without his trusty bow? Nothing or no one can ever match the value of my bow to me. At least, not yet."

"Obviously my bow. Duh. What kind of bowman is one without his trusty bow? Nothing or no one can ever match the value of my bow to me. At least' date=' not yet."[/i']

"Surely, there must be something more than a long wooden carved thing." The Highlander tapped on her wine glass with a fingernail. "Although... a bow is my preferred weapon as well. Curved and lean. A stroke of a fingertip can make it sing. But that answer still bores me. Come now, handsome. 'fess up. After you set your bow aside, what else?"

"Surely, there must be something more than a long wooden carved thing." The Highlander tapped on her wine glass with a fingernail. "Although... a bow is my prefered weapon as well. Curved and lean. A stroke of a fingertip can make it sing. But that answer still bores me. Come now, handsome. 'fess up. After you set your bow aside, what else?"

[[Looks like I made a quote error over there, oops.]]

"Tch." He just clicks his tongue. "Myself, obviously. Besides me, nothing. Haven't found that thing I want to 'fight' for, as many would like to call it. I don't have that drive to defend someone." 

"My friends, my shield brothers and sisters, my duty, and my name. For they are all that I have left in life. I suspect such things would also bore one who appears as worldly as you though. I believe you should now reciprocate our answers as I am curious."

"My friends, my shield brothers and sisters, my duty, and my name.  For they are all that I have left in life.  I suspect such things would also bore one who appears as worldly as you though.  I believe you should now reciprocate our answers as I am curious."

Many moments ago, Nordin had been sitting in a chair in the room, telling fanciful tales of adventures he had (never) partaken in! But, after the truth serum became airborne, his attention was drawn to the many questions and answers being shared. He bounced over to Coatleque. "Oooh! Such interesting questions we're asking! I'd like to answer one, please!" Nordin was bubbly with excitement as his index finger pressed against the bottom of his chin, looking to the corner of his eyelids as if thinking. "Hmm... What's most precious to me..." His lips puckered, only furthering his heavy thinking. A moment later, he snapped his fingers and smiled, "Ah! Well, I would have to say that which is most precious to me is who I am! Through my adventures, I've come to be a more worldly person, seeing the world for how it is. My adventures have changed me, while allowing me to remain who I am. I think it's amazing that they've caused such a profound effect on me, despite how few adventures I have partaken in-" Nordin caught himself as he confessed his life of adventure is young. His hands gripped the side of his heads as he gave a small shriek. "AAAAH! What did I just say?! Why would I admit to having so few adventures?! This is terrible, absolutely terrible! I'm garbage, absolute garbage!" Tears began to flow from Nordin's eyes as he made such a theatrical mood swing. Despite his desire to proclaim himself a grand adventurer who has seen the edges of the world, the airborne truth serum prevented him from doing so. He sat in a chair and sadly laid his head and arms on the table... Moments later, he recovered and asked, "Tell me... Each of you are such grand adventurers, I presume. What is your favorite of all the adventures you've undertaken? Your favorite quest accomplished? You get the idea, right?" He smiled softly at the people, as if he'd forgotten about his little 'episode.'

((I hope you don't mind that my post was so long...))

Warren folds his arms across his chest, like he always does.

"My greatest adventure? I've never done anything great in my life. I've saved some lives, but... The least said about that the better. People always want to romanticize these things. You keep on this path, people around you start getting hurt. They start dying. Reconsider your career if you don't think that you can handle that. Or if you think you can stop it. Trust me on this. You can't."

Mr. No Fun resumes his post, keeping an ear out for more chances to brood all over everyone.

The Highlander laughs genuinely amused. "A man after my own heart. Except of course, he cares for his own only." She sighs, looking up back at the woman in armor, and gives her a lopsided grin. "What is precious to me? Me and mine. Above all. As it should be. Duties only chain you to a path that puts others before you. I care for no such nonsense."

She glances over her to Mr. No Fun and tips her wine glass his way. "Aye, no point in romanticizing wars, deaths, or even hunting for wealth and relic." Her grin turns mischievous. "So then, let us speak of romance if not adventures! Has anyone called your heart their own?"

Warren stares daggers in the unknown woman's direction, his glance briefly skirting his company before locking eyes with the raven-haired one.

"I have more than a few who would, but it's best for everyone if they look elsewhere. Menphina plays cruel jokes on honest men, and I won't be a part of Her games any longer." He lets that hang for a moment, then frowns.

"No, I think that's not quite it. That's what I would choose to believe, but not the truth. The truth is that I tire of letting those important to me down, so I keep everyone away." He smiles bitterly. "Who among us doesn't feel similarly, though?"

She glances over her to Mr. No Fun and tips her wine glass his way. "Aye, no point in romanticizing wars, deaths, or even hunting for wealth and relic." Her grin turns mischievous. "So then, let us speak of romance if not adventures! Has anyone called your heart their own?"

"None. And none forever more." Oscare's answer was quick, short, and clear.

The Highlander laughs genuinely amused. Her grin turns mischievous. "So then, let us speak of romance if not adventures! Has anyone called your heart their own?"

The Miqo'te perked up as he walked into the bar. Gridania could be so boring, but it looked like his favorite topic was being discussed. He opened his mouth to boast about his many conquests, then grinned. He couldn't do it. Instead, he did what he so seldomly did around around strangers: he told the truth.

"Yes", he said simply, "though fewer than some might expect. In the years I've lived and loved, there have been seven who have held - and still hold - my heart, all but one a Miqo'te like myself.

"The first was killed in the calamity, for which the Garleans will answer. The second and third have each taken mates other than myself. I still see the fourth, though circumstances conspire to keep us apart. The fifth has vanished, as she sometimes does, while the sixth betrayed my love when I was most vulnerable.

"The seventh is a Hyur, and she surprises me the most."

He smirked at the raven haired Highlander, his eyes flashing with mirth. "But you should have to answer your own question, shouldn't you?"

The Highlander swirls the dark red liquid within the rim of her wineglass. Her eyes narrows at the men in turn. 

"Well that wasn't s'posed to make people somber. It's the affairs of the heart we speak of!" She rolls her shoulders and looks to Oscare. "Never say never, love. You never know what Nymeia has in store."

She slides up next to Warren. "Ye dear thing, have been broken more than once. I can tell."

Her green eyes finally brighten as she glances coyly to the Miqo'te. "I have loved many, and some may have even laid claim to it... so they believe." She tsks. "I would not be so foolish to trust another with such a thing. But that does not mean one cannot love, laugh, and enjoy each other, aye? Ye have loved more than one," she points a finger at C'Kayah. "And still do!"

She lets out a long dramatic sigh. "Does anyone really believe in the fabled one true love?"

Warren eyes the woman with an icy stare across arms folded to his chest, unflinching with her doe-eyed stare and feigned compassion.

"It sounds like we all used to. Tell me what happened to you, then. The broken can recognize their own, and your indifference betrays your own feelings on the matter."

He keeps his eyes locked on hers, either attempting to call bluff or perhaps legitimately on to something.

Ruru walked in and overheard the Hyur woman's question and sat down with a sigh.

"Aye! The one true love....it's not a myth. I'm with mine now, my dearest Alulu. Though I'm certain it'll end poorly. Sadly, often the one we love the most tears our hearts out in the most cruel manner in the end. And that's what makes people less inclined to believe in the idea of a one true love."

She lets out a long dramatic sigh. "Does anyone really believe in the fabled one true love?"

Hornet, after a long silence perks up at this question. "I do. With all my heart I know that it's out there for everyone. It's what drives me and moves me. But I will say this, I don't believe in any one true love. I believe in loving as freely and openly as I can. That's one of the things that makes me love your brother so well, Roen. He understands me and does not try to limit what I do with my heart or my body. Love is everywhere and it's a miser and a fool who forces a limitation on the passions of their heart." Hornet smiles as she speaks, practically glowing in the passion of her convictions.

"My heart is difficult to win over after long, hard years of steel, cold years. That much I will say. If someone does happen to capture my affection, good on them. In the meantime, I'm too busy trying to survive. Hunting isn't exactly the safest of work." Oscare comments.

"But wow, don't you have experience with this?" Oscare stares flatly at the woman, then raises his hands to Warren. "Please do explain your experience, sweetheart."

Hornet, after a long silence perks up at this question.  "I do.  With all my heart I know that it's out there for everyone.  It's what drives me and moves me.  But I will say this, I don't believe in any one true love.  I believe in loving as freely and openly as I can.  That's one of the things that makes me love your brother so well, Roen.  He understands me and does not try to limit what I do with my heart or my body.  Love is everywhere and it's a miser and a fool who forces a limitation on the passions of their heart."  Hornet smiles as she speaks, practically glowing in the passion of her convictions.

Roen blinks, she too had been listening to the conversation quietly, watching the raven-haired Highlander woman as she steered the conversation to the topic of love. Roen had not had much to add to it until now. She glances up at Hornet's answer then blushes as she looks back down and nods to the Roegadyn woman.

"...Aye." She murmurs. "I believe there is ... a match for one's soul. That there is one... for everyone. Somewhere." She stares at the wooden grain of the table in front of her, but her gaze turns dreamy. "And perhaps for some, there is just that one person. If there are more than one that can nurture your heart and soul, then you are indeed blessed, I believe."

Sitting alone at a table, the Unnamed Mercenary takes off his mask at the current conversation, the Garlean eye publically visible. "Love's a trap. It'll take hold of you, make you do things you wouldn't dream of, and when you need it most, it'll be torn away."

"Of course a 'one true love' exists, but it's only there to make the pain of leaving even stronger". He takes a heavy gulp of his drink, clearly having too much already.

"What's the worst pain love has ever caused you? I can't even remember mine..."

"What's the worst pain love has ever caused you? I can't even remember mine..."

Hornet doesn't want to answer, but the tainted air compels her. "I lost the first man who ever loved me. Brass Blades killed him right before my eyes. He was distracting them to buy me a chance to escape. And the worst thing about it, the worst thing was that I never told him how I felt. I never told him that I loved him."

She sighs and orders a very large mug of ale. "My greatest regret I think... What's yours?" She asks to the room at large.

"My greatest regret I think... What's yours?" She asks to the room at large.

The Knight in the corner can't help but chime in once again, a temporary reprieve from her brooding. "This and the previous question are one an the same to me. For I allowed my love to put himself at risk unnecessarily. He was killed for it as I watched helplessly from a distance. Furthermore it was mine own outcry which led to the capture of the remnant of my village."

"I have been cursed by Menphina in all things pertaining to love. And though I have tried to lift it, she has seen fit to make me her cruel joke to Eorzea. What of the rest of you? How have the Twelve seen fit to punish your mistakes?"

"Losing your loved one is the worst pain. Or, so I heard. Hence why I don't bother with it."

"It that not a bit of untruth?" The voice is kind and semi-apologetic, "After all, you are blessed with family. Is that not love? When they pass on, it will be an enormous pain to get accustomed to. But the strength of it will fade in time; you will get use to it."

"I have read about one true love before. That is for story books; to bring such a thing into real life will set yourself up for disappointment and set unrealistic ideals on those you do love. Would you fail to accept their flaws? Or fail to understand that you must change and adapt as they do in turn? Forgive me, but what should happen were they to die? Could you love again?"

The Knight in the corner can't help but chime in once again, a temporary reprieve from her brooding.  "This and the previous question are one an the same to me.  For I allowed my love to put himself at risk unnecessarily.  He was killed for it as I watched helplessly from a distance.  Furthermore it was mine own outcry which led to the capture of the remnant of my village."

"I have been cursed by Menphina in all things pertaining to love.  And though I have tried to lift it, she has seen fit to make me her cruel joke to Eorzea.  What of the rest of you?  How have the Twelve seen fit to punish your mistakes?"

"While I do believe any punishment from the Twelve is a very well-deserved punishment, I do think that the long, hard years of harsh winters I spent in Coethas... alone, hopeless... were my punishment. Yeah."

Warren cracks a smile, shaking his head and taking a steadying breath.

"Nobody will believe me, but after I hurt one of Her children, Menphina's been mocking me whenever I go anywhere in public. I can't tend anywhere without someone hitting on me, or falling for me, or anything like that. She's fair in Her verdict, of course, but She really knows how to ruin a person with affection."

What of the rest of you? How have the Twelve seen fit to punish your mistakes?"

Hornet snorts softly, "Years of self-abuse and likely to come soon, an early death. I've been trying to turn myself around but I'm not sure if my efforts are in vain though. Still, whenever I fall I just hope it was doing something good. Maybe then in my last moments I'll feel something like absolution. To be honest though, I'm not really counting on it."