Truth Serum! Questionbox sort of thing.

She sighs and orders a very large mug of ale.  "My greatest regret I think... What's yours?"  She asks to the room at large.

"Everything...". 

He looks around the room, a sea of faces he doesn't know. "If there was one that could stand above the rest, I suppose it was volunteering for 'that' in the first place."

He silently puts the mask back on, not wanting anyone to see the expression on his face.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It that not a bit of untruth?" The voice is kind and semi-apologetic, "After all, you are blessed with family. Is that not love? When they pass on, it will be an enormous pain to get accustomed to. But the strength of it will fade in time; you will get use to it."

"I have read about one true love before. That is for story books; to bring such a thing into real life will set yourself up for disappointment and set unrealistic ideals on those you do love. Would you fail to accept their flaws? Or fail to understand that you must change and adapt as they do in turn? Forgive me, but what should happen were they to die? Could you love again?"

"It ain't the same thing, sweetheart." Oscare's reply was very, very rapid. And short-tempered at that. "They've been there since the beginning, they're people I cannot erase. I have no choice. A 'one true love', though? That shit a fable through and through. It won't exist. It will never exist. It'll just keep breaking the fragile thing called a 'heart' over and over again. A waste of time."

Kage slumped down next to the one he knew of as 'Merc'. He'd not been feeling the same since he drank that sweet water and he felt compelled to just... speak his mind. No matter how unfiltered or not it may be.

"Love has caused me to do things that I would not want to do. But in my love for others, I will always, always do them again. No matter how much it broke me."

He sipped at the mug. "I killed. I wish I could not have as it's all been wasted. I could not bear to see anything befall the ones I loved and yet.. yet it will anyway. The Twelve will strike me when I warn one of the two I mentioned. I'll be rotting in a cell or hung soon enough for my sins. I only hope that I can help the ones I love before I die."

"My greatest regret I think... What's yours?"  She asks to the room at large.

He fiddled with his dagger and looked down at the table, well aware of who was in the room with him at the time. His eye closed and he mumbled quietly "Trying to join the Sultansworn. Cost me physically and mentally....and I lost good friends in the process."

He sighed and didn't look up.

"Does anyone really believe in the fabled one true love?"

"T'would be a travesty to say it does not exist or is a waste of time when so many tales and legends are based on the principle. Of course I do believe. And I know that when this one is found, neither the empire, the elder Primal, nor death itself shall be able to separate what She has ordained to join."

She crosses her arms and leans against the wall.

"But once again the tone of the room has turned sour. When my mood darkens I remember where I have been and from the past depths of despair I have crawled out of. In those times it was my friends who uplifted me most. Tell me, what in life most uplifts your spirits?"

(( 'your' was directed at everyone ))

Tell me, what in life most uplifts your spirits?"

"An exquiste meal and a good bottle of wine. Reading a good fantasy story. Making love to a beautiful person," she smirks, "or beautiful people." She drinks her ale quietly for a few moments. "Seeing my friends happy. I think that's the biggest one though."

She crosses her arms and leans against the wall.

"But once again the tone of the room has turned sour.  When my mood darkens I remember where I have been and from the past depths of despair I have crawled out of.  In those times it was my friends who uplifted me most.  Tell me, what in life most uplifts your spirits?"

(( 'your' was directed at everyone ))

"A good hunt. Or a good fight. Definitely."

"A good hunt. Or a good fight. Definitely."

He looks over. "A good fight can have that effect too." He remembers a certain axe that has been neglected as of late.

"Speaking of fights, what else could excite you?" He grins, thinking of some of the things he can remember doing.

He looks over. "A good fight can have that effect too." He remembers a certain axe that has been neglected as of late.

"Speaking of fights, what else could excite you?" He grins, thinking of some of the things he can remember doing.

"Excite? I suppose a good conversation would be a good very enticing."

what else could excite you?

"Hmpf. I suppose it all depends on the type of excitement you mean. I have no love for battle myself..." She glances to Warren at the other side of the room. "... I do suppose watching someone else excel at it can be rather exciting. Professionally I mean...."

"Kindly avert your eyes now..."

"Oh I love a good fight. A training fight mind you, not a to the death fight. It gets my blood pumping and it's so wonderfully intimate when you're locked up with another person in a spar. When I'm focused and it's just me and the other person testing ourselves and our strength and skill." She shivers a bit. "Gets my blood up just thinking about it."

"Just as my loved ones lift me up they are also the ones who have given my life excitement."

He looked around and sighed, Having a good meal or a break on the beach may sound nice to you but really just being with them is wonderful."

"Yesss", C'kayah grinned, drawing out the word like he was unsheathing a sword. "Your loved ones have caused me a great deal of excitement, too.

Which brings up the next question: What's the greatest betrayal you've ever suffered?

Andralyn turned to face the growing crowd, her drink moving from her lips to settle back down on the bar, "My mother selling me at fourteen to the highest bidder. A girl's first time shouldn't be with some dirty geezer with grubby hands and deep pockets...and it certainly shouldn't be facilitated by her mother...." She shook her head, offering a sigh, "Guess she knew best though. Knew how to make an heir of me..." She lifted a shoulder and took another drink. "The bitch..."

Which brings up the next question: What's the greatest betrayal you've ever suffered?

Ruru almost laughed too loudly when he heard the question and the dagger bit into his palm a bit as he recalled.

"Imagine you are a young man, barely into adulthood. You have been away from home for a few days and then return to a welcoming home with your mother and sister. Only your imagining wrong....because those two are not welcoming anyone for they are dead, stabbed to death. You fear....fear for your own life, angry at the Twelve for taking them and flee. Only to then find out that the one who'd killed them was your own brother....your own flesh and blood. And then that same brother tried to stab you in kind."

He sighed deeply squeezed the cut palm into a tight fist letting a drop of blood escape to the floor.

"Imagine that....and you will know the greatest betrayal I've suffered."

"Does getting kicked out of your country count? Imagine being betrayed to the point that you can't even remember who betrayed you. That's been my life."

"And still, midst those betrayals, there can be hope. What in life have given all of you hope?" He thinks back to some recent events in his own life. "...the chance of having hope again can change a man."

"Betrayal? Watching one you loved turn his back on you and walk away. I have -always- been in Ul'dah. It is no secret where I am. In fact, I'm utterly and completely predictable. Watching someone's back turned... aye that has hurt me the most."

He eyes Merc, almost wanting to growl at him before answering simply, "Forgiveness."

What's the greatest betrayal you've ever suffered?

"My life until I left home was a single, uninterrputed betrayal. My mother betrayed everything that a mother should be. She didn't want children, she wanted slaves. The beatings and the cruelty weren't enough. She had to warp our minds to turn us into monsters. I'm lucky, I guess I was too dumb for it to really take. She hated me for it, I didn't realize how badly until she pitted my sister and I against one another. We destroyed one another for years until I slept with her husband when I was seventeen. Then mother decided she was bored and encouraged my sister to kill me. Even when I won the fight mother wouldn't have it. She saved my sister and threw me out into the cold to die. Don't know why she didn't just kill me herself..."

Andralyn snorted, lifting her drink in a salute toward the familiar lalafell and then the female roe before motioning toward the rest, "T'family, aye?"

She chuckled, tossing back her head with the laugh.

Kage favors the sweet water he had asked for before bursting out, "Enough nitty and gritty! What are the simple pleasures in life? Hobbies? Foods? Drinks? Surely not everyone's lives are filled with the grim."

"Betrayal? Watching one you loved turn his back on you and walk away. I have -always- been in Ul'dah. It is no secret where I am. In fact, I'm utterly and completely predictable. Watching someone's back turned... aye that has hurt me the most."

He eyes Merc, almost wanting to growl at him before answering simply, "Forgiveness."

He snapped his eye up and looked at Miqo'te and maintained a straight face.

"Perhaps....the one who turned his back did so because he felt that was his only option left. Perhaps he'd fallen so low and felt so alone that he left because he didn't think you were there for him any longer. If that were the case....maybe you need to talk to this man....try and see his perspective...before labeling one for betrayal."

He considered the Mercenary's question and nodded. "Agree with Kage....forgiveness." His remained fixed on Kage as he said the words.