Truth Serum! Questionbox sort of thing.

"Love and death together", the Miqo'te purred, looking up from his reverie and sipping his drink. "Two questions that I fully support.

"Let's start with love, shall we? There is no limit to the distance I would go for love", he said, looking towards Kage for a brief moment. "There are some who've said they would go so far as to face death for it, but I think that's too simplistic. I've faced worse. To save those I love, I've allowed them to believe that I betrayed them - I've willingly given up their love for me. If that does not make me Menphina's beloved, I don't know what does."

He smirked, gazing around the room, his green eyes flashing. "Now death. Death is a more interesting question. I've been in the presence of Thal before, yet here I am. Is there a reason for that? Whatever task he set for me, I'd like to complete it before I go, and then", his smile widened, "I'd like to die in the arms of a woman I loved. Thal and Menphina have ever warred for me, so why not let the end of my life reflect that?"

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kage's eyes flickered, his eyes dull with pain before the emotions passed over his eyes. He glanced around the room saying, "I would have said 'anything' and 'everything' for love but..."

He shook his head. "I don't have the resolve for it. I can't see the world burn for my love but I'll give my life to see to it that my loved ones live while I deal with the fires."

He sighed thinking of it. "I would like to die in service to the Jewel. Not in some underhanded scheme of machinations or politics but... outright service. I would take the week to get my affairs in order. Make sure that -no one- could take my home from those who use it, the ones I love. Make sure that everything I have will be of use to them, my loved ones."

Kage gave a shaky breath. "Perhaps... one more day to serve the Sultana once more. And then... then I hope that I would be able to die as I serve, alongside the ones I love... Ser Mcbeef and my oath-brothers and sisters." He glanced down at his hands.

"Let's say you were confronted by the Twelve tomorrow, and they tell you you've only got a week left before you have to leave this realm. In exchange, they let you dictate the terms of your passing. What do you do for that week, and how do you go?"

"I would leave this place. I would return to Rothlyt Sound, to the place of my birth. I wish to gaze upon the shores of Gyn Abania one last time without threat of Imperial oppression. And there would I die alone, where I should have perished so many years ago."