Patch 2.3 Notes Preview

Kage

Something that caught my eye. They're using the Minstrel again!

It requires Ultima HM completion AND SCOB Turn 4 completion (T9)

.... T9 boss HM mode? Extreme mode?

OR.... BRUTAL COIL?

They have Savage COils but it's not related it seems..

EDIT: OMFG MANAWALL GOT NERFED ; ; HOW AM I GOING TO DO DIVEBOMBS NOW (jk.....somewhat...)

GC item "Reagan Peppers" will be Chocobo Skill Reset

QUALITY OF LIFE Players can now display their target's remaining HP as a percentage on the target bar and focus target bar.

OR.... BRUTAL COIL?

Nah, they are related. They've been talking about it for awhile. Just released with a different name instead of Brutal. You need to clear SCoB T4 in order to unlock the quest from the Minstrel to gain access to savage coil. Rewards are the same, but the fights are tuned to be damn near impossible and you get a special title for each boss you clear. Lockout is tied between the two, so if you clear SCoB T1 Savage, you can't do normal T1 for the week.

Finally a horse mount that looks somewhat descent. I may have to do PVP now.

So, who's going to dye their old paladin armor now?

I never wear the Paladin AF gear, but it WILL give me the incentive I needed to make Black Mage the next job I level! I'm definitely going to dye the BLM gear to look like the classic FF1/Tactics/Vivi costume.

PVP is incredibly fun. 

What's not fun about it?

The very long queue times T_T

Other than it being the worst designed PVP I've ever directly experienced in an MMO?

Nothin'.

Lol, this. I am looking forward to the Frontlines stuff, though. Historically, I've always preferred battleground type PvP to standard "arena" type.

OR.... BRUTAL COIL?

Nah, they are related. They've been talking about it for awhile. Just released with a different name instead of Brutal. You need to clear SCoB T4 in order to unlock the quest from the Minstrel to gain access to savage coil. Rewards are the same, but the fights are tuned to be damn near impossible and you get a special title for each boss you clear. Lockout is tied between the two, so if you clear SCoB T1 Savage, you can't do normal T1 for the week.

Yeah I knew about it I just got confused because the two were in different sections :c

Hmm, interesting that the new Syrcus Tower CT party makeup is not the normal 2 tank 2 healer 4 DD. Says party makeup must follow 1 tank 2 healers 5 DD. =o

I think they realized that having 6 tanks in CT1 was unnecessary.

Something I just noticed is all the gladiators daggers and shorter swords seemed to have been renamed to weapons which are normally SIGNIFICANTLY longer. This has me come to think that Gladiators no longer gave daggers and short swords and they have been replaced by bigger swords.

Bronze Gladius

Viking Sword

Brass Gladius

Brass Viking Sword

Aetherial Brass Gladius

Aetherial Brass Viking Sword

Blunt Goblin Gladius

Nicked Viking Sword

Serpent Private's Gladius

Serpent Private's Sword

Storm Private's Gladius

Storm Private's Sword

Flame Private's Gladius

Flame Private's Sword

Goblin Gladius

Vintage Viking Sword

Baselard

Steel Broadsword

Aetherial Baselard

Aetherial Steel Broadsword

Lominsan Baselard

Lominsan Broadsword

Mythril Knife

Mythril Broadsword

Aetherial Mythril Knife

Aetherial Mythril Broadsword

Bronze Dagger

Bronze Bastard Sword

Blunt Goblin Dagger

Blunt Bastard Sword

Brass Dagger

Brass Bastard Sword

Aetherial Brass Dagger

Aetherial Brass Bastard Sword

Maddening Dagger

Carnage Sword

Aetherial Maddening Dagger

Aetherial Carnage Sword

Warden's Dagger

Inquisitor's Tuck

Goblin Dagger

Vintage Bastard Sword

Something I just noticed is all the gladiators daggers and shorter swords seemed to have been renamed to weapons which are normally SIGNIFICANTLY longer...

They also updated all the sprites. If you re-read it, it says name AND appearance was changed. So Gladiators now have swords right from the get-go. No more tanking with a pocket knife.

Although I hope one of them stays fairly short... I need something concealable for when Crofte is not in armor.

I saw that as well. This is one change that actually disappoints me a little! I enjoyed the idea of tanking with a dagger and buckler with glamoured "light" armor. It's what I used for Kendha'to's Gladiator glamour to give the illusion of a more agile type of tank. At the same time, I can't wait to see what some of the new models look like - especially the ones for bastard swords. That is, provided they're not simply recolored versions of sword models already in the game. xD

Back to hoping for a new type of tank down the road that isn't stuck in plate and mail!