SE Customer Support Impressively Useless

Folks,

Hello. Some of you know me as the player of the character Sion Gyr, and I have just spent approximately 2 hours conversing with 3 different agents at SE Customer Support. The first was via live chat, with a singularly confrontational agent using the handle Joel V. As I explained my issue to Mr. V he constantly contradicted everything I said, rather than address my problems and questions. Said problems will not be discussed here since that's not the goal of this post. I asked Mr. V to transfer me to another agent when it became clear that he wasn't going to help me, and he blatantly refused and disconnected me from live chat.

After I manually restarted live chat, I received a new agent by the handle of Melinda S. Ms. S was more amiable than her argumentative counterpart, but repeated the same solution over and over again, no matter how I elaborated on my problem and explained how she wasn't suggesting a solution at all. It was "Keep trying" by the way. When I finally explained to her that I didn't believe she understood what I was trying to communicate, she abruptly severed contact.

Next I called SE's telephone support, and received a polite agent using the name of Napoleon. Napoleon sympathized with my problem, and proved that he understood my frustration and even went so far as to reveal that the Live Chat and telephone hotlines were the same department. I thought this was an excellent opportunity to speak with a supervisor about the quality of service I had received, but a few minutes later Napoleon informed me that his supervisor refused to accept my call.

Truthfully, I shouldn't be surprised. Many of us have been unfortunate to discover that SE's customer support is impressively terrible. So, I engaged a search for someone or somewhere that I could go above Customer Support's head and found absolutely nothing.

Has anyone ever found any success where I've failed? If so, please let me know. If not, take this as a warning from yet another dissatisfied SE user - their customer service is worse than Dell's, and that's saying something.

It seems to be pretty standard in modern MMO's. I suspect that a lot of the people hired to deal with support tickets aren't actually fluent in English - which leads to a number of issues that can make an already stressful situation much worse than it needs to be.

I hope you manage to get your issue resolved!

Blizzard used to not, though. Back in Vanilla it was pretty craptacular. But I appreciate how smooth they are now, when I can back to the game to try Cata my account was hacked 4 times and my level 80 Mage alt was pulled off the account to sell. They managed to help me in like... 5 minutes each time.

I don't doubt SE went to a call center that was cheap rather than one that was good. Cuz that's what they do.

LEARN SOMEDAY, SE.

GYR! I was wondering just the other day where you'd got off to -- hadn't seen you posting lately. That super super sucks about the SE nastiness -- I have my fingers crossed that I never have to use it, and that you are able to contact someone who is actively helpful and cares about finding you a solution.

Wish I could do more, really. :/

WoW also has about 10 years of experience and practice to get their customer support to perfection. For running so long, it's only natural they'd eventually get their support straight too.

Hopefully SE gets... better support sometime soon.

WoW also has about 10 years of experience and practice to get their customer support to perfection. For running so long, it's only natural they'd eventually get their support straight too.

Hopefully SE gets... better support sometime soon.

It's not like customer support is a groundbreaking service. There are known methods that work. If SE fails to implement these strategies, that is all on them.