Planning a RP Ball. Looking for help.

Hi, I'm planning a RP murder mystery ball event, looking to collaborate with other FCs and making new friends. Obviously, we will need support from an RPFC with a large estate. Imagine Clue (the board game) and the gruesome murders of Jack the Ripper all rolled in to one intriguing and fun evening. Dress your best! And pray to the Twelve that the Slitter doesn't get you next!

To reach me in game, tell Addison Hines. I hope we can make this evening a spectacular one!

Ah I went to a ball on TERA once. It didn't have a cool murder mystery but it was a masquerade so we all acted like we didn't know each other. The people holding it even had a dj station for everyone to tune into. 

I think this sounds like a lot of fun. If you go through with it, it's certain to make you quite a few contacts as well as a worthwhile memory I'm sure.

Ah I went to a ball on TERA once. It didn't have a cool murder mystery but it was a masquerade so we all acted like we didn't know each other. The people holding it even had a dj station for everyone to tune into. 

I think this sounds like a lot of fun. If you go through with it, it's certain to make you quite a few contacts as well as a worthwhile memory I'm sure.

On Celestial Hills? That was my event! :D

Hi, I'm planning a RP murder mystery ball event, looking to collaborate with other FCs and making new friends. Obviously, we will need support from an RPFC with a large estate. Imagine Clue (the board game) and the gruesome murders of Jack the Ripper all rolled in to one intriguing and fun evening. Dress your best! And pray to the Twelve that the Slitter doesn't get you next!

To reach me in game, tell Addison Hines. I hope we can make this evening a spectacular one!

Take my advise and give yourself at least a month to set it up, maybe two if you are to have a high turn out. You will spend three weeks easily just working out everyone's schedules.

Fantastic! Honestly, I wasn't expecting so much support! I'll be in touch with all if you, most definitely! I'm planning for the end of August or beginning of September, as I know this will be a huge undertaking. :) But it will be so much easier with all of your help!

As others have said it sounds really fun!

Also as Erik said it's going to be a lot of work, so good luck.

Our FC house is tiny, but other than that I'd be happy to help however I can, or just attend (time permitting).

Would this be on a NA timeframe? Or an EU one?

Well, it will be NA, unless the majority are on EU. But I would assume NA. It's still in its very early stages, so once I meet with all of you in game to plan it (I prefer to work face to face) there will be more information available and an official announcement along with an RSVP thread so that we can confirm how many will be in attendance. I would also like to advertise in game for those who aren't on this forum and open it up to new RPErs as well.

I'm curious as to what the murder mystery part is like.

Does this mean that characters (if they don't want their mains to die) should find alternates? Or...?

I assumed it was literally a "Murder Mystery Party" wherein we would all be there playing the game?

... I feel bad. I have never actually played 'Clue' and I have no idea what Murder Mystery Parties entail >.<;

I'm curious as to what the murder mystery part is like.

Does this mean that characters (if they don't want their mains to die) should find alternates? Or...?

I assumed it was literally a "Murder Mystery Party" wherein we would all be there playing the game?

... I feel bad. I have never actually played 'Clue' and I have no idea what Murder Mystery Parties entail >.<;

They are super fun! Basically it's a role playing game wherein the hosts of the party (host, servers, what not) are all playing characters and through the night they start dying and it's up to the guests to solve the mystery and catch the killer.

Ohhh so PCs are the ones trying to catch the killer? Non PCs are the ones dying?

I feel very out of my element but I was intrigued ><;

I just sorta imagined a game of Mafia where people still tried to find the Mafia while getting cut down one by one and then getting lynched..

I am so in on this!

Murder mystery games/murder mystery theater is usually run where the people 'hosting' the event are actors/actresses.  One designated as the 'killer'.  Then people come and have dinner/dance/etc and while the guests are there, someone runs into the room and says "oh my gosh, such-and-such is dead!" and the guests have to figure out which of the hosts is the killer before they kill everyone. :D

It's a lot of fun, can be very silly (depending on the tone set at the beginning) or even be kind of like an Agatha Christie novel.  ^.^

Mahvashi and C'rhisi both would be available to be used as part of the hosting group/actresses if you need any!