Calling all Yellowjackets (Brainstorming and Discussion)

...someone get the cameras rolling. We can do COPS: Thanalan and COPS: La Noscea now.

AND THEN A CROSS OVER DURING EORZEA'S MOST WANTED.

Most wanted? I'm about to abuse your idea. I am about to abuse it A LOT.

...someone get the cameras rolling. We can do COPS: Thanalan and COPS: La Noscea now.

*rounds the corner, points with authority*

"There he is! GET HIM!"

335563-praa_miles_edgeworth4.jpg

I think you have to be willing to start by yourself. I RPed a Sultansworn for months by myself before I got apprentices, and the organization started to feel like it had any sense of coherence. If you're going to do it I suggest two things, simply start doing it, and walk around as a yellow jacket, and also to make an alt to be the commander.

It might be lonely for the first week, or even months, but that's what it takes to build something from the ground up. You have to be the person people see walking around and go "Cool, I didn't know anyone RPed as that."

Yeah I have mentally prepared myself for this. And I am okay with it. There's so many shady types it hopefully won't be hard to at least interact with them in some way. :)  As for the alt. Damn. Good thing I am up at 4 anyway. :lol:

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it.

I think you have to be willing to start by yourself. I RPed a Sultansworn for months by myself before I got apprentices, and the organization started to feel like it had any sense of coherence. If you're going to do it I suggest two things, simply start doing it, and walk around as a yellow jacket, and also to make an alt to be the commander.

It might be lonely for the first week, or even months, but that's what it takes to build something from the ground up. You have to be the person people see walking around and go "Cool, I didn't know anyone RPed as that."

I'll be sure to keep him busy.

Nyahahahahahahaha.

:evil:

(*cough* being serious though -- yeah, that is really good advice. :) )

As already pointed out, you may have to start rp'ing by yourself before anyone jumps on or inquires. I'd also recommend looking at some wiki's or character bios for the Limsa area. Like seeing what information is public knowledge or even asking the person if something is common knowledge. Maybe ic try recruiting those with certain skills who may or may not be a good fit. ^^

~just my thought~

As already pointed out, you may have to start rp'ing by yourself before anyone jumps on or inquires. I'd also recommend looking at some wiki's or character bios for the Limsa area. Like seeing what information is public knowledge or even asking the person if something is common knowledge. Maybe ic try recruiting those with certain skills who may or may not be a good fit. ^^

~just my thought~

Good ideas. :)  I will take a look. I appreciate your help in all of this.

*rounds the corner, points with authority*

"There he is! GET HIM!"

335563-praa_miles_edgeworth4.jpg

No! Run away!

edward_elric_paper_child_by_copperletters-d4ln4eh.jpg

I really really dislike rping as any kind of Law enforcement for personal reasons but if you need help with stories or SOMETHING (I have so many alts) you can always come to me as an antagonist or as someone who needs to go to the Yellowjackets or soommethhiinng i'm willing at least to help make the RP feel more alive so you aren't just standing around doing nothing till this gets off the ground :P

~just my thought~

Yup, one thing that I would do when I started off, is I would scan people's wiki's for crimes they done that might have been suspicious. I would track the people down and interrogate them, "Where were you on X night, etc etc." Not for the purpose of arresting them, but just to make it cooler. Lot's of people put things in their backgrounds like "Runs a tea shop as a front" but it takes it to the next level if you grill someone about where they import their tea from or whatever.

As I used to tell people, and they agreed with me generally, what's the fun in doing crime RP if it feels like no one is trying to catch you? Even if you don't end up ever catching them, that you're just one step ahead of the law makes crime RP fun.

Yup, one thing that I would do when I started off, is I would scan people's wiki's for crimes they done that might have been suspicious. I would track the people down and interrogate them, "Where were you on X night, etc etc." Not for the purpose of arresting them, but just to make it cooler. Lot's of people put things in their backgrounds like "Runs a tea shop as a front" but it takes it to the next level if you  grill someone about where they import their tea from or whatever.

As I used to tell people, and they agreed with me generally, what's the fun in doing crime RP if it feels like no one is trying to catch you? Even if you don't end up ever catching them, that you're just one step ahead of the law makes crime RP fun.

*coughs* we'll not talk about what is being accused or not >_> *shuffles off to the side to go back to being unnoticed*

But I do agree with scanning wiki's ^^ I love reading them just because.. >w<; Probably lucky for a lot of folks that I'm not in any enforcement group. Though I'd love to see small groups or some form of story get together from rumors :D

Okay, so last night I didn't get a chance to set up the LS due to some personal matters, but I will be doing that today right when I log in. What I need from people is to know who wants to be invited to the LS. This would the official Yellowjacket LS for Limsa and I would assume it would be an IC LS. I can send out invites so if you are interested, please shoot me a PM or reply here because I am terrible with remembering and when I log in with Melodia my list of friends is nearly empty so I will definitely need a reference. :D

And yes, Roen, I agree completely on that. And that's a good thing. :)

Are you wanting those that RP being part of the Maelstrom to join said LS, or strictly Yellowjackets?

I think Maelstrom is fine. I don't really know how I would limit it. Okay....I take that back. LOL! It would make no sense for Zhavi or Andralyn to be on the LS. Ruru wouldn't be. But I figure if you are tied to a law group or the military in general, it would fine.

Anyone have thoughts that differ or suggestions?

I would do a general law enforcement LS first, and if you get a LOT of Yellowjackets, consider a secondary for security reasons.  At least with the two combined you will get a better sense of who is interested or not overall.

This.

When kage was still 'sworn I was really interested in 'SWORN ONRY LS... but I mean it would have only be 5 of us. @_@; The general "Immortal Flames" linkshell that Erik had served pretty well. Though, then we started to do the politics between the four groups (Stone Torches, Flames, Blades, Sworn)...

...Does Limsa have this same type of issue where the Yellowjackets aren't -the- most encompassing group and have other jurisdictions and such?

When kage was still 'sworn I was really interested in 'SWORN ONRY LS... but I mean it would have only be 5 of us. @_@; The general "Immortal Flames" linkshell that Erik had served pretty well. Though, then we started to do the politics between the four groups (Stone Torches, Flames, Blades, Sworn)...

...Does Limsa have this same type of issue where the Yellowjackets aren't -the- most encompassing group and have other jurisdictions and such?

I think that might work. Especially since the Limsa law may be....light....at the moment. Haha! (2-4 people LS folks!)

As for jurisdictional issues, that''s a good question for the Lore thread I started. But, I do recall seeing Yellowjackets, like in Lower La Noscea, when you go down that wooden walkway to the lower portion, over by where the wolves spawn....I recall some by the mines, and in other portions (Wineport? Morabay Docks?)  So they do tend to have a wide swath throughout La Noscea. But again, some lore hounds may be able to provide a better answer on the lore thread. My work pc refuses to allow those links to open to get a  better answer. All of that is just from memory of me mining. xD

I sorta answered that question in the lore thread actually. ^^; I did a run about of the map and only saw Jackets in certain locations. Mainly the ones more tame and holding civilians.

Okay! With the lore section and some base leveling I did over the weekend, I am definitely to get the ball rolling even though it will be slow at first.

I did get a LS set up called "Eorzean Law Folks". It's just a general LS for contacts and connections and once there are more people who might want to play as a Yellowjacket in Limsa, then I plan to set up a specific Yellowjacket LS. So I just need to know who wants to be in the law LS. And I know it's tough with LS limits, so if you can't, no worries. But if you are, send me a pm or post here.

I worked on leveling up Melodia and she is about 99% ready. A few more levels (I am hoping) and then she can access the proper boots and gloves. I will likely post here on a new journal thread for her first, so I can give some background and help get a handle on her character before rolling her out IC in the city. I do look foward to rp'ing in the city with anyone and especially those less than scrupulous types. ;)

Hey, we still doing this? Was gonna send someone a PM but thought I'd post it here.

I was hoping to get you all together to create a mini plotz to kick start this LS and/or for the Yellowjacket/Limsa Law Enforcement RPers.

I'll be on majority of this weekend so shoot me a /tell if you see me online or by PM.

Zhavi! I will need your halp to brainstorm!!!

Hey, we still doing this? Was gonna send someone a PM but thought I'd post it here.

I was hoping to get you all together to create a mini plotz to kick start this LS and/or for the Yellowjacket/Limsa Law Enforcement RPers.

I'll be on majority of this weekend so shoot me a /tell if you see me online or by PM.

Zhavi! I will need your halp to brainstorm!!!

Yes! I'm sorry for missing you. I am usually on in the evenings if you want to talk in game about it. I have been busy leveling up Melodia to the point where I can get her actually into the proper uniform. :P 

But yes! I am still doing this.

So I did some research last night and to get the dyeable pieces that are closest to what they wear, you are looking at a minimu level 45 (Their arms guards are raptorskin I believe, and the moccasins are high level as well. The tricky part is getting pieces you can dye black. The tops are a bit easier. but overall you will need a higher level character for this.

*goes back to leveling up Melodia.* Only 15 levels to go!