Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open)

He'd tried not to pay attention to falling of a glass. Things like that happened, especially in a place like this. Nothing special. Now, seeing Warren leap to the the girl that fell, that was a little less expected.

Wait..., wasn't she that knight? The one that had broken up his fight in the Quicksand the first time he met Natalie? In a quiet voice, "...that's something you don't see every day. Hope she's alright."

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She looked up at Warren and could read the concern in his eyes. "Yes, I am. I startled myself is all.", she said softly in an attempt to reassure him. She glanced behind to the crowd. "You should rejoin them. Please."

She leaned back from the bar as Aya worked and beamed a smile her way as a new glass of water was set down. "Miss Aya, I promise to be careful with this one."

The Highlander bard followed Kage's gaze to a pair of initials that marred the pillar. She arched one slender brow. "Hm," she hummed, hooking one foot over the other, her anklets giving a small jingle as well. 

"Neither of them seem to be the type to make such pronouncements. They rather seem... the chaste sort." She swirled her wineglass by her cheek, as if that afforded their conversation some privacy. "Ye say, they have fans?"

Warren seemed to accept her plea, but there was still a soft gleam in his eye as he nodded towards her. He stood up and straightened, then the look was replaced by his usual expression when on duty. He bowed his head towards her and offered her one last thing before stepping back towards the pillar.

"I'm right here."

His eyes flitted to the letters scrawled into the pillar and he frowned again while rejoining Kage and Brynn. "My apologies. Lady Crofte has been working rather hard for the city as of late. I wanted to make certain she was well."

It was technically true.

Kage nodded once more, to the both of them. "Aye, I've heard some rumors about how nice the pair look together both of them or just the one of them at this very same pillar."

"They're good people after all," Kage remarked with a  slight glance at Crofte before murmuring, "Those types will get fans no matter whether they perceive it's warranted or not."

"Mmm," the bard hummed and flashed an easy grin at Warren as he returned. "No wonder someone took a blade to the wall to scrawl yer names." She gestured to the pair of initials on the pillar with the hand that did not nurse the wineglass. "Why, how ye swept in to the dear damsel in distress, it would set a maiden's heart aflutter!" She lightly tapped her chest with an exaggerated sigh.

Her expression quickly returned to that of amusement and mischief. "So Warren. Any intentions on fulfilling the wishes of yer adoring fans? A curious bard wants to know."

As she finishes cleaning off the bar in front of Coatleque, Aya moves down a ways closer to Momodi, leaving the Pillar Couple to their adorable commiseration.  She glances to the Highlander woman, admiring for a moment her anklets as she crosses her legs.  A pang of desire passes through her heart... "Those look soooo cute!" she thinks to herself, mentally tallying her tips for the evening so far.

Warren objected to her points as they came.

"They could be anyone's initials. Lots of people come through here. And I didn't sweep, I went. I'm right here, and she fell. I can't help it I'm used to jumping into action."

He attempted to let her commentary roll off of his back, but the tapping of her heart and implied fluttering of her eyelashes made him aware of a heat in his face. Her final question only made it worse.

"A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell." He paused, then continued. "And even if he did, it wouldn't be because of any 'fans.'"

Warren turned to Kage for help. He suspected there would be none.

The Highlander bard did not allow Kage to come to anyone's defense. The chink in the man's armor was revealed, even if it was a small glimpse. She uncrossed her legs and came to stand in front of him, her free hand reaching past his shoulder as she rested it against the pillar, effectively trapping him there.

Her smile was coy. "Oh. So. There was a kiss." She tilted her head to one side, eyeing his lips openly. She smirked. "I suspect... a chaste one. Aye?" She tapped her wineglass against his breastplate.

Natalie plops into the chair next to Franz with a thump. "Hey Porkchop, how about those drinks you promised me?" She looks over to see Warren up against the pillar with a female highlander against his chest.

"Heh," she chuckles lewdly, "I knew he had an appetite."

Kage blinked as Warren turned to him and then Brynn -trapped- Warren. His face flushed as he coughed, "Aye, unless both parties are gonna talk about it, I wouldn't be kissin' and tellin'"

But Kage shook his head. "If'n you care about her an onze, you'd go to her. Unless ye think I can't help handle anything that'd erupt by you showing her you're there for her."

"... besides I'm pretty sure that -that- pillar and -those- initials... aren't just a coincidence."

Kage shifted his blade and shield to be more comfortable as he took the filled water skin. His ears twitched as he waited for the next few moments to come. He was pretty sure the two had kissed. The man was stoic but it wasn't forever.

Warren met her gaze, his expression even and perhaps even challenging. He did not pull away from her.

"Maybe you're a bard afterall," he smiled. "An act of kindness and we've already spirited away for a romantic eve by the fireplace? A touch, a kiss, a sigh. The stuff of romantic legend, though a different type of sword being brandished." He shrugged, making allowance for the substitution.

"You have quite the imagination, Miss Brynn."

Natalie plops into the chair next to Franz with a thump. "Hey Porkchop, how about those drinks you promised me?"

Without a second thought, he turned and responded. "Sure Natalie, anytime." It was a moment later when he realized he responded to 'Porkchop' as a name, and the smile drained from his face. "Why? Why always 'Porkchop'?!" He shook his head in distress, "and I thought we were finally making progress..." Still, he wouldn't let it ruin the moment. He could relax today without something crazy happening.

He waved for Aya to come over to the table for more drinks.

Natalie laughs, "It's not always Porkchop... but right now you're porkchop. Other times you're Franz. Understand?"

She waves a hand in the air, "You know... times like these, warm times." She nods, "Times like these you're Porkchop."

"So... did they really stick his head in a jar?"

Getting up from the table for a moment to retrieve a tray of mugs from Aya, he quickly grabbed a linkpearl whispering into it it. "Now's not the time or place for that Natalie", putting it away and smiling. 

They were here for a good time. And some good drinks.

Natalie sighs and purses her lips, "No fair." Her annoyance doesn't last long however, as there is Ale at hand. She takes a satisfied sip, "Fine, we'll talk about it later."

She leans back in her chair, "Oh Kage's here?" she looks around, "Wow, it's busy tonight. I haven't seen it like this for a while, guess everyone was on edge for the last few weeks."

Coatleque sat at the bar sipping at the water and idly listening to those behind her. She was trained to follow many conversations at once, but tonight one was now standing out, drowning the rest. Her ears began to burn as the unknown woman addressed Warren, and the Knight shifted uncomfortably on the stool.

"Oh Kage's here?" she looks around, "Wow, it's busy tonight. I haven't seen it like this for a while, guess everyone was on edge for the last few weeks."

"He is, and it is." Franz motioned to the bar. "And if you look over there, there's the knight that had to break us up once."

He didn't mind if Yangh heard about bar-fights. Those were pretty normal. Severed heads...not so much.

"Ah..." She nods, and raises her voice so Crofte could hear "You're talking about the one over there, watching her man get stolen? That's my boss."

"She said she was going to give me a lesson in courtesy and respect... but it hasn't happened yet."

"So anyway, what are you up to here Porkchop? Just drinking?"

"So anyway, what are you up to here Porkchop? Just drinking?"

He gave an almost stern look. "Please no more Porkchop...".

"It's been a long week. It's nice to get to relax a little, make small talk." He slouched in his chair a little, making himself more comfortable.

"Oh I do, indeed." Brynn purred, amusement not leaving her eyes that studied him still. "It is what makes me a good songstress."

She narrowed her eyes, her grin widening as she spotted the challenge. A dare behind his eyes. Not backing down? Neither was she. She leaned even closer. "Come now, Warren. I do have an eye for this sort of thing. Gallant paladin like ye, so eager to come to someone's rescue... aye? And yet a Highlander. We all know of the passions and unbending will that runs in our veins. The fact that ye protest so much of those silly scrawls already give ye away."

"Then again," she shrugged with another long drawn out sigh. "Mayhap I'm wrong in this. Mayhap ye are just a handsome Highlander in white shining armor, and ye stand there all by yer lonesome on the pillar in yer solitary watch. In a tavern. Mayhap... ye just need a little company."

Kage walked over to the table seating Natalie, Franz, and the familiar but not quite so Miqo'te carrying a mug of ale in one hand and his waterskin in the other.

"Please, can I join you? I'm tired of not-yet-so love pups and moping." Kage deadpanned.

He slips into a seat anyway, moving it closer to Natalie with an ear twitch.

Natalie grins, and leans over to give him a quick kiss before returning to her ale. "I'm with you there Kage."

"Nothing wrong with appetizers, or apertifs, but eventually it's time for the main course." She sighs, "If you wait too long it will get cold."

Natalie blinks, "Maybe I'm going a little too far with the food analogies."