Just Another Night at the Quicksand (Open)

Aya watches in stunned silence, blue-eyes still opened wide.  Noticing the woman raise her head, eyes upon the hat, she very slowly and gently lowers it back down, setting it upon her head.  She takes another breath and nods, "Um... would you like anything else...?  Some stew maybe?"  She glances down to the gil, and back to the woman, still unsure of just what to make of her behavior: from the smell of fresh still wafting powerfully from her, to the oblivious bar-crawling, and now a sudden moment of alertness in the search for her hat.

Down the bar Momodi, the Lalafel Proprietress, watched the scene with a nervous curiosity of her own.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No, I'm alright now..I think" 

She slightly shakes her head. She felt uncomfortable making eye contact after being so rude.

"Thank you though...I didn't mean to...Almost crush your body..."

Perhaps her just needed to rest now. She could tell that she was leaving a strange impression and didn't need to alert anyone else with her behavior. She slightly rubs the corner of her eye a bit and takes a true look at the barmaid. To much of her delight, she found her pleasant to look at.

"My..Hat?"

Saying as he points to it.

Kage shook his head, watching the person warily, his uniform still on as he hadn't gone home yet.

He leaned closer to Aya, still breathing through his mouth to ask, "Any chance I could get 1 Pan-fried Mahi Mahi? One of each grilled trout? And 2 Salmon Meuniere? Going to share it all around at my table. Along with 2 pitchers of Ul'dah's finest ale." Kage laid a sizeable large pouch of gil and placed it on the counter as he kept the fish lady in view.

Kage curled his tail happily as he watched Natalie return to the day and he thought of the nice tasty fishes he could share with her.

Maybe Franz too.

He called out to her, "I'm hoping to have some good pan-fried and grilled fishes. Just need to get the order in, Nat."

"Oh... no fun." Brynn gave an obvious pout as the two paladins walked away, although soon as all gaze was off her, she afforded herself a small smirk.

Her attention drifted back towards the bar and the ... odor there. "Maybe I am not as hungry as I thought either." She said blandly to herself. She scanned the tavern again, this time with purpose and narrowed her eyes when she did not find the one she had actually come searching for. Letting go of that easy smile, she approached the second bar counter, away from the one with the fish, and placed a gil upon it for the blonde barmaid who seemed occupied herself before striding out the door.

"Al... where ye be?" She muttered to herself as she made her exit.

Aya blinked a little more, staying a step or two away from the woman, with the bar still between them.  She raised her left arm, directing her index finger toward the top of the woman's hat, sitting quite comfortable on her head, where Aya had placed it a few moments earlier.  "I think you're wearing it..." she nods for affirmation.

She glances toward Kage briefly, adding a nod, "That's a lot of fish...." she smiles softly, "I'll get that in for you right away."  She scoops up the pouch of gil, and quickly heads off to the kitchen to deal with the welcome distraction.

"Fish fish fish... fishedly fishy fishes..." Natalie hums nonsensically. She looks over to Warren and Crofte against each other. "Hey Kage, I've got an idea."

"How about we do a double date sometime."

Kage grinned happily, tail curled happily and swayed as his ears twitched in joy. He nodded his head at her suggestion, not seeing who she might even be suggesting it about.

"Sure Nat! We can have them eat at our home too."

Koorow starts to laugh towards herself and touches the top of her head to confirm that indeed her hat was on her head. 'There's defiantly something wrong with me.'

She rubs the side of her head and watches as the barmaid dismisses herself to the back. She takes this moment to peer around the place to do a brief headcount. It made her feel better to know how many people surrounded her.

With the brief scan, she assumed a few relations along with what may have just occurred. Her eyes profiling each visible body. The Miqo'te couple seem to be fond of this place. She noticed to what seems to be a group of tanks sharing a discussion with the couple but unsure of how their conversation suddenly came to an end.

'Is she leaving?'  She quirks a brow towards the Midlander at the door.

As she began to get curious, her stomach does a calling she cannot ignore. She sucks her tongue in regret of denying the stew earlier. She was mixed between hunger and nausea. 'I should shower first...'

After taking in the wondrous fragrance of the kitchen's flavors and spice, Aya at last returns to the atrium of the Quick Sand, emerging from the kitchen with a large try of Kage's order.  She had to hold the large food-covered tray with both hands as she worked her way around, swinging her hips through the gap in the bar, and on to the table where Kage and Natalie had been congregating.

"Thanks Aya!" She picks up one of the grilled trout, blowing on it as it steams, before biting into it. "I was thinking we could invite over Warren and Coat, have a little dinner party?" She picks a bone of her mouth, "Maybe a few other people as well?"

She frowns, "But do any of us know how to cook?"

She frowns, "But do any of us know how to cook?"

"There's a least one of us who can."

Even before any strange things had happened, the mercenary had been a pretty good cook. He didn't really know why or how. He'd just assumed it was something to do with the memory loss. With the addition of Frhanz, he'd gotten a pretty good understanding of Eorzean cuisine and dining etiquette.

"What're you thinking of?"

Kage gave Aya a beam as she brought the tray over. He helped set the large amount of food over the table before narrowing his eyes at the other male. He turned back to Aya, giving her a bow before saying his thanks.

"It's not all for me or Natalie you doof," Kage stated as he sat at the table once more. He picked up one of the salmon meuniere plates to share between himself and Natalie as well as a grilled trout. He poured a mug of ale for both himself and Natalie, leaving Franz to serve himself. He blew gently on the hot fish and grinned happily.

"Delicious!"

Taking another bite of fish and swallowing it, Kage asked, "Can you cook... regular food?" He looked pointedly at the fish that the table had arrayed before them and then nodded subtly at the other patrons who had aldgoat steaks or miqa'bobs.

Natalie nods at Kage and grimaces, "Don't your people ate babies or something?"

"I've heard it's your greatest delicacy... Eorzean ones especially."

He gagged on his ale when Natalie said the first thing, which only got worse after the second. Gasping for breath, ears blood-red, it took all of his self-control to not send Natalie flying.

Taking a quiet, deep breathe to attempt calming himself, he responded as best he could, given the situation, in a voice just barely audible to Natalie and Kage. "Are Eorzeans fucking idiots? Sure out ideologies are....different, but /that/...", he just facepalmed. In a slightly louder voice, "No, my people's recipes may be a little different, but our ingredients are the same. Hells, some of your dishes even use things we've brought over."

"As for recipes", he switched to a rather snarky tone, "yes, I have quite a large repertoire of dishes, in many local varieties. You can thank 'the elezen' for those. Oh, but how I miss some of the things I used to have. Some of these dishes are rather....bland."

He grinned slightly, having an idea. "You should just leave it to me. I'm sure I'm not the first person from that area the two of you have met. Why not ask those people for some recommended dishes?"

Natalie laughs, "However good they are, I think preparing a Garlean feast might raise some suspicion."

She taps her jaw, "Though perhaps Roen would enjoy some comfort food after her release? I must admit I'm rather curious as well, the only Garlean food I've had is the combat rations we acquired from raiding one of their supply caches."

"I'll leave it to you then, but we'll have to come up with some sort of excuse as to how you know the recipes."

Natalie laughs, "However good they are, I think preparing a Garlean feast might raise some suspicion."

She taps her jaw, "Though perhaps Roen would enjoy some comfort food after her release? I must admit I'm rather curious as well, the only Garlean food I've had is the combat rations we acquired from raiding one of their supply caches."

"I'll leave it to you then, but we'll have to come up with some sort of excuse as to how you know the recipes."

"I never said I couldn't make local recipes." The Ishgardian accent coming out again "Who do you think I am?" He paused for a moment, "....actually, don't answer that."

It took another few moments before what Natalie had said even registered. "Why mention Miss Roen in relation to this? She has nothing to do with anything Garlean, doesn't she?" Franz couldn't help but think she seemed....familiar, using what he knew from Frhanz's memories of the woman. But he thought nothing of it. "How are she and her brother doing, by the way? I haven't seen either well...", he thought about how to best handle the situation, "well...., ever, I suppose. But I think you know what I mean."

Natalie downs her ale and chuckles, "I guess Kage is just a picky eater."

"Don't worry... I'm sure you'll like something."

She grabs another piece of fish, "We'll have to buy a table though, and some chairs."

"As for Roen, she's a Garlean refugee... that's what she's on trial for. To determine if she's treated as a refugee and given asylum, or a spy and given punishment."

"As for Roen, she's a Garlean refugee... that's what she's on trial for. To determine if she's treated as a refugee and given asylum, or a spy and given punishment."

Franz nearly choked on his ale again, and luckily, didn't spray out over the table. Trying to be a little more subtle ((don't wanna get kicked by Kage again)), he leaned over to Natalie and spoke in a very quiet voice. "WE need to discuss that. Now."

He stood up from his seat, pushing in the char. In a normal voice, "Natalie?" He motioned with his eyes to an area outside where they could speak privately, and walked out.

If the talked went well, he'd return to the Quicksand to continue enjoying the night. If it went sour, then there would be a lot more discussion than he'd hope for.

She blinks as he chokes on his ale. "Now...?"

She looks mournfully at all the fish not yet eaten, then sees the serious look on his face. She sighs and downs the rest of her ale, "Fine..."

"Be back in a bit love." She ruffles his hair playfully and follows Franz outside, "Though you might want to join, it concerns you as well."