Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign!

Merri

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing a pink haired Clover on the double mount makes me extra happy and excited about it *laughs*.

It's really unfair, though, since I already convinced all my friends to play FFXIV way before this system was implemented (=_=;

So now I'll be unable to get the double mount...

...Unless I make a second account myself, but how expensive would that be? *sweatdrops*.

I'm so excited! I should get my chocobo tonight, invited a friend and told him to go find 90 days worth of time cards and I'd pay it for him.

In-game rewards will be granted based on the number of subscription days accumulated. Note that the 30 day free trial period will not be counted. To receive reward items immediately, you must purchase subscription days using a game time card. Items will be delivered via the moogle delivery service.

WHO WANTS TO RIDE WITH ME?

Wait so they are tying to this to the recruit a friend campaign and not the marriage system? Booooooo!!!! *table flips double mount as another item I'll never get* :frustrated:

I'm sure there'll be other double mounts, now that they've got the tech for them.

Wait so they are tying to this to the recruit a friend campaign and not the marriage system? Booooooo!!!! *table flips double mount as another item I'll never get* :frustrated:

I'm sure there'll be other double mounts, now that they've got the tech for them.

Yeah...it just annoys me that they tie it to a real money task. So you'll either have to pressure a friend to play (or like me if you have no friends who would play it are out of luck) or you'll get those who create a fake second account just to get the mount. As my budget is tight anyway with my family, that isn't even an option. So I'm out of luck. Thanks SE *punches Yoshi*

This isn't the only double seated chocobo mount. They already stated that the Eternal bond system would have one (when they showed off the tux and dress etc). Like the other mounts though it's going to cost a bit of gil or depend on some type of subscription thing.

90 days is like 40 USD, right? And, if I remember correctly, you can't actually make a service account for FFXIV without a fresh registration code, which is another, what, 25 USD?

Double choco is cool, but not 65 USD cool :V

This. ^^

If you don't have a friend, and don't want to pay real money for it then you are just out of luck. We already pay the fee each month. Give us an alternate way to get the damn mount.

ffxiv_wedding2.jpg

Personally I think this is more awesome but maybe that's just me.

But... I am willing to pay $85 on 2 60-day game time cards and the PC download for someone to be my recruit.

or myself.

Preferably it means I can get a friend.

I'm so excited! I should get my chocobo tonight, invited a friend and told him to go find 90 days worth of time cards and I'd pay it for him.

In-game rewards will be granted based on the number of subscription days accumulated. Note that the 30 day free trial period will not be counted. To receive reward items immediately, you must purchase subscription days using a game time card. Items will be delivered via the moogle delivery service.

WHO WANTS TO RIDE WITH ME?

I'm interested. You've played with my bird enough!

How unfortunate. I'll be kicking myself when they reveal alternative ways to get the mount after I waste my money.

That's what I'm fearing too. Otherwise, I don't knooooow... I might be too weak to resist the temptation of paying for a fake account...

How unfortunate. I'll be kicking myself when they reveal alternative ways to get the mount after I waste my money.

I'm going to wait. Besides the marriage system, I'm pretty sure there will be alternatives to getting two-seaters eventually. I've waited 8+ years for Kingdom Hearts 3....so a couple months or so is chump change to me. :D

That's what I'm fearing too. Otherwise, I don't knooooow... I might be too weak to resist the temptation of paying for a fake account...

That's the problem. SE should have anticipated this and created an alternate way. Now every time I see one of those mounts I am going to wonder whether they legitimately got a friend to sign up or just helped enable the concept of having to pay for more items with real money, by making a fake account. 60+ bucks for a mount? Really?

That's the problem. SE should have anticipated this and created an alternate way. Now every time I see one of those mounts I am going to wonder whether they legitimately got a friend to sign up or just helped enable the concept of having to pay for more items with a fake account. 60+ bucks for a mount? Really?

I do think most of them will have been obtained through fake accounts. But what other choice do we have? ;_;

It was a low move from SE. A low and very smart move.

Oh well, I'll try to resist.

On a side note, I must have missed the news that relate double mounts to marriage. So the alternative is that they're supposed to be used just by people who get their characters married? O_O I hope that's not the case.

So the alternative is that they're supposed to be used just by people who get their characters married? O_O I hope that's not the case.

Well....here's what ol' Yoshi had to say.

Yoshida said that upon the arrival of the 2.4 patch, "people within Eorzea will be able to pledge their eternal love and or friendship in a ceremony of eternal bonding. And this will be open to people regardless of race, creed, and gender. Two players...if they want to be together, in Eorzea, they can—through this eternal bonding ceremony."

So it can be used as declaring someone is your BFF as well. It would be silly if they didn't eventually offer other ways of getting a dual mount though, so I'm thinking you'll be able to grind some rep or use some gil to get one down the road.

It's a pretty standard marketing tactic, really. Get them more subscribers, get a reward! 

Anyone paying all that money for a second account just to get a mount...that's on their head! It's fine if people do that, but we can't really blame SE for people trying to get the rewards for their incentive by other means. 

It would be nice if any and everyone could get two person mounts willy-nilly, but it wouldn't really help them get more subs!

There's literally no reason to make an alternative way to get this mount. 

For starters -- this will not be the only two-person mount available. There is obviously going to be more in the future, hopefully by 2.4 comes out. Who knows, maybe they'll even add one in 2.35 (which is looking slim, but we don't have any way of knowing for sure). Point being, there's going to be more chances to get more two-person mounts. 

Secondly, mounts are not the main transportation provided by this game. If this were say -- World of Warcraft -- then yes, it would be a way bigger deal. But this game isn't like that. This game flat out lets you teleport everywhere as long as you visited the area once (in which, if you played the main story, you /will/ visit every area besides Outer La Noscea, I believe). Mounts are good to get to areas that aren't close to the aetheryte of your chosen area, I will give you that. But they aren't extremely important, you're not crossing 4~7 zones on foot with the way this game is made to move about.

I like to think that mounts are more like "trophies" and vanities of struggles or dedication (either from subscription bonuses, to maxing out rep with a beast tribe) to the game. I understand if you would like this mount for competition sake, but there is no reason to make an alternative method to get it. 

DISCLAIMER: 'You' is not targeted to anyone in this thread. It's a general term, I'm not making this post to attack anyone. I'm just clarifying a point.

EDIT: Berrod makes a fair point as well. The reason for this is for people to have more of an incentive to bring their friends, not so much just for the bonuses. If you want to dish out the extra money due to your circumstances not allowing you to bring someone along, that's fine too! But that wasn't the goal of this.