Announcing the Recruit a Friend campaign!

Merri

I've been wanting a two-seater mount since I first got into this game. lol

And now its sitting there right in front of me and... I have to recruit a completely new person into the game to get it...? TT_TT

I do wonder about it though because in the details it says something about the person being recruited making a Squenix account "if they haven't done so already" or some such. Can this be taken to mean that someone with an existing account can be recruited?

I'ma be so jealous when I see you guys running around with your chocobos now. Well, even more jealous, considering I always feel envy when I see the Fat Chocobo waddling around, along with you lalas that have the mini lion or whatever it is. lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting a two-seater mount since I first got into this game. lol

And now its sitting there right in front of me and... I have to recruit a completely new person into the game to get it...? TT_TT

I do wonder about it though because in the details it says something about the person being recruited making a Squenix account "if they haven't done so already" or some such. Can this be taken to mean that someone with an existing account can be recruited?

I'ma be so jealous when I see you guys running around with your chocobos now. Well, even more jealous, considering I always feel envy when I see the Fat Chocobo waddling around, along with you lalas that have the mini lion or whatever it is. lol

I think it requires a new service account, but can use an existing SE account. (Like if you recruit a FFXI player or something). Our characters are tied to service accounts though, so it's a new account in the sense that you can't get an existing character the mount. :

My finds (not really 'finds', but showing you the process and what happens.)

I bought my friend the game itself + 2x 60 day Game Cards (all three were digital.)

I went to my Mogstation > Account Services > 'Recruit a Friend' tab where you enter your friend's email, and he recieved this e-mail shortl afterwards:

You have successfully entered your recruitment code.

Recruitment Rewards

Friendship Circlet 

• Bonus items will be granted based on the number of subscription days accumulated. Note that the 30 day free trial period will not be counted. To receive bonus items immediately, you must purchase subscription days using a game time card. Items will be delivered via the moogle delivery service. 

Proceed to Your Account. 

Enter a game time card. 

* Review bonus item details. 

* Bonus items can only be redeemed once per service account

Then, I recieved this email:

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

This e-mail has been sent to inform you that your friend has successfully used your recruitment code to register a FINAL FANTASY XIV account.

Registration Date: 07/31/2014

Service Account Name: FINAL FANTASY XIV 2

Recruitment Rewards

• In order to receive bonus items, your friend must register for FINAL FANTASY XIV using the invitation code generated by your service account. Bonus items will be granted based on the number of subscription days accumulated by your friend, and delivered via the moogle delivery service.
  • Bonus items can only be redeemed once per character. (Inviting multiple friends will not grant additional bonus items.)
  • Please refer to the page below for more details on bonus items.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

For questions related to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and Square Enix Accounts

Visit the Square Enix Support Centre

http://sqex.to/rJA

Then, all my friend did was apply both time cards onto his account and we got all our goodies instantly via Mog Mail in-game!

Note: It has to be someone who's still playing/on their 30 day free trial and you can apply the generate Friend Serial Code and the 90days worth of game time and you'll get it!

*drools* This looks so good! :moogle:

If someone REALLY wants this but can't afford to fork out that much cash, I can probably help you out.

Don't worry.... It won't require you to serve time in my love dungeon. Might need some GIL for it though :P. One of my housemates works at a store that sells the game time cards, and he can get them cheaper with his store discount. Ahh.. the money I've saved doing that...

If someone REALLY wants this but can't afford to fork out that much cash, I can probably help you out.

Don't worry.... It won't require you to serve time in my love dungeon. Might need some GIL for it though :P. One of my housemates works at a store that sells the game time cards, and he can get them cheaper with his store discount. Ahh.. the money I've saved doing that...

What ungodly amount of gil are we talking? ;

Probably huge.

Probably huge.

I guess, but if it comes down to it then I think my male hyur can take one for the team and go the love dungeon route.

I'll be reasonable don't worry :). You can PM me if you're interested.

Wait wait, so you can recruit someone who already bought the game but didn't actually resub when their 30 days trial expired?

Or do you have to buy a brand new game + resub?

I need to know! I know people who played the game some months ago but never got to resub, so if I could simply use them without having to buy the game as well, it'd be great (>_<)

Wait wait, so you can recruit someone who already bought the game but didn't actually resub when their 30 days trial expired?

I need to know! I know people who played the game some months ago but never got to resub., so if I could simply use them without having to buy the game as well, it'd be great (>_<;)

AFAIK, so long as there is no paid time into an account, it qualifies for a code. Don't quote me on that, though. I believe the disqualifier is having had paid time entered into the account.

I need to know! I know people who played the game some months ago but never got to resub, so if I could simply use them without having to buy the game as well, it'd be great (>_<;)

Yep, like Merri said, as long as they haven't paid anything at all during or after their 30 days free trials.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies! I'm a bit more hopeful now.

Now to figure out how to buy game cards.

There was a thread on reddit where I was trying to gather information. It is true if you know someone who's never paid (but could have used all their 30 days), to use their account to register a code you give them. And actually, if they've let their free sub lapse, reactivating it with a 3 month sub should get you the rewards right away.  Instead of game cards, you could get like a prepaid Visa card too possibly.

(JUST TO EMPHASIZE THAT YOU SHOULD REGISTER THE CODE BEFORE YOU ACTIVATE THEIR SUB AGAIN).