So. . . you know that thing I do occasionally? Round 3?

Askier

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can help out with this!

Pfff... who did you think I meant when I volunteered above?

How the heck did I miss your second post in this thread. :dazed:

Glad to have you Roen. However you want to help is more than welcome to try to stop the Crows and their masters. or Making a Crow. or Spending the entire arc waiting to be a sacrifice to nald'thal cause you being in a cell during an rp arc is a meme now. :P Lol.

Glad that this event is generating interest.  I'll try to get a sign up ready once set up stuff is done. :)

I'll try to have an outline for event this week. This event is a little easier to run since it involves mcguffin getting instead of loads of politics.

I think all my alt slots are full.

And I am usually not up at 2am or whatever hour Balmung opens up for new characters. >.>

So I guess law enforcement side it is!

And no memes! Or jails! Or kidnapping!

Well Warren, here's what I'm thinking.  Brainstorm time!

Arc one will be a bunch if small scale rp events happening between people as they try to unearth the cult and learn what is happening. Once the cult has been unearthed we will shift to arc 2. Arc 1 at this time is of an unknown length but should be at least a week or two minimum.

Arc 2 begins once we are set up and the full list of people.on each side is locked and cult is discovered.

Arc 2 will be three big, once a week events.

Event one will be the Crows trying to steal a magic book from Ul'dah's Black mage guild.

Event 2 will be the crows and their masters in Limsa planning on sacrificing 5 people to make soul stone in 5 different places in Limsa.

Event 3 will be the cult trying to recover a magic staff near Gridania.

Now arc three is based on how things happen in arc 2.

If crows win two of three events(we'll work out how the winning works later) then the big event is the cultists try to resurrect a dead dragon.

If heroes win two of three, then heroes try to perform a ritual to destroy parts they took and Crows try to stop withzombie army.

Either way, arc three has zombies. Lol.

Thoughts and feed back always appreciated.

Also, side thought, was considering that Crows, not the living.members of the cult but the dead assassins, can only be put to true rest by being hacked up with silver weapons.  This would give a side plot of heroes trying to gather silver if they learn that weakness. Thoughts?

Arc 1: Small scale RP events happening as people try to unearth the cult and learn more about them. Duration: week or two minimum.

Arc 2: Three large events.

Event 1- Crows attempt to steal an ancient tome from the Thaumaturge Guild (Arrzaneth Ossuary).

Event 2 - Crows and their masters in Limsa attempt to create five soulstones by sacrificing five people in five different locations.

Event 3 - Cult tries to recover a magical staff from the Shroud.

Arc 3:  If Crows accomplish their objectives in two of three events, then the cultists try to resurect a dead dragon. If not, then the heroes attempt a ritual to destroy the artifacts they recovered, and the Crows try to stop them with a zombie army.

Bomb Kitty was surely posting from his phone. Here's the streamlined outline for easy reading.

Arc 1: Small scale RP events happening as people try to unearth the cult and learn more about them. Duration: week or two minimum.

Arc 2: Three large events.

Event 1- Crows attempt to steal an ancient tome from the Thaumaturge Guild (Arrzaneth Ossuary).

Event 2 - Crows and their masters in Limsa attempt to create five soulstones by sacrificing five people in five different locations.

Event 3 - Cult tries to recover a magical staff from the Shroud.

Arc 3:  If Crows accomplish their objectives in two of three events, then the cultists try to resurect a dead dragon. If not, then the heroes attempt a ritual to destroy the artifacts they recovered, and the Crows try to stop them with a zombie army.

Bomb Kitty was surely posting from his phone. Here's the streamlined outline for easy reading.

That obvious when I post on my phone? Lol:D

I need to start bringing my netbook to work or something. Stupid 12 hour shifts.

Thank you Ossy.

we haven't had to use silver on the returned dead before, though that is not to say that given the addition of a soul within the body it wouldn't require an actual method of destruction beyond, kill it.

alternatively, you could always claim that silver disrupts the magic binding the soul to the body, so silver weapons would kill it, but you could sort of bind it in place, with things like chains, throw flakes of silver at it, (a more expensive version of the sand trick xD) that sort of stuff.

Hmm, this is true Nako. Its an interesting concept but a flawed one the more I think about it. Probably be better off and just dismiss it.  Making it too complicated at that point as well and too easily prone to power gaming rp. 

So thinking we scratch silver idea. Yay brainstorming. :)

Silver's reasonable as long as you can corral individual players to keep them from getting technical on the details, or at least make it clear at the outset whether any form of silver alloy will do or if only pure silver will suffice. Making that clear in advance will help clear up problems if somebody gets attacked by a Crow at dinnertime and responds by trying to hack them up with a salad fork.

In either case, however, I would expect an evil cult with a specific material weakness and a focus on commerce to start cornering the silver market well in advance of any nefarious plans. Part of the problem of using the weakness might be not just learning what the weakness is, but figuring out where to get silver after the cult has spent the past six weeks establishing a horizontal monopoly on silver production.

Also, side thought, was considering that Crows, not the living.members of the cult but the dead assassins, can only be put to true rest by being hacked up with silver weapons.  This would give a side plot of heroes trying to gather silver if they learn that weakness. Thoughts?

I would think that Fire and pure Life energy would probably make them unhappy campers, if they're truly undead.

Okay, have worked out things withis Liadan and Osric.  If you plan on making a Crow, send me a pm and I'll send you the info for making a Crow.  If you don't plan on making one, don't send pm about themcause that would ruin the surprises and the mystery. :D