Personal Housing Thread 2.0

Kage

We'll have to agree to disagree here, as I still don't think Yoshida has lied, and neither do I think that the current house system is bad.

As a side note, Archeage has limited land as well. Also, people can plant their freaking gardens just at the entrance of your house (call it first hand experience). So I'll take FFXIV's house system any day. I'm in love with the neighbourhoods and I love how we get our own space. They just need to add many more wards and I'll be fully happy.

Well he -did- say wait for 2.4, so let's all kind of wait and see. But my best bet is he will release 3-4 wards... But I can be wrong.

At this point, I am just taking grain of salt and leave it to his words because he didn't 100% lie like the way people worded it.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of you are harping on cost. I don't really care what the cost is. Yes I get it's supposed to be a big ticket item in the game and accept that (I have my own personal house, Ward 7, Plot 29 in the Goblet if you don't believe me. Cost was never an issue) Cost is fine. It's the promises they made and didn't deliver on that irk me and everyone else.

I certainly don't like the fact they didn't tell us before hand what was going on when they had plenty of time to do so and keep us updated. WHY did they stay strangely hush hush about it? This could have been solved months ago. And it's only been a week, so it's cool that your telling the player base to get over it already. :/.

While I agree with you, but the patch -just- came out. It was small and it was gone within 2 hours. But why can't we just be patient for everything? Do you need the housing really that bad right away? This is like iPhone 6 thing too. Do you REALLY need it right away for first day of launch? 

Everything will eventually come up as time passes by, the housing prices will go down and there will be plenty of plots available in the future. It requires patience and time, this is just like 1st phase of personalxFC housing wards. It was estimated to be limited.

While that sounds very reasonable, the reality isn't that those of us who couldn't get FC or personal houses in this patch merely have to wait a little bit. Some of us have been waiting with gil in hand for quite a while for a FC house, and are now faced with waiting quite a while longer. Grinding out the stuff needed to get it isn't the issue. The fact that once we grind this out we still can't participate is.

I'd only agree if the things locked were more than vanity. Chocobo raising is hardly a fast way to level them, colors are strictly vanity, and while there's some gil to be made by gardening...

There'd be no money in gardening if everyone was gardening. I'm on board with the people playing content and saving their money getting a kickback for it.

To be fair, having a house is in and of itself, vanity and you still need to work/pay for chocobo raising anyway. Making a grind behind the grind doesn't seem super productive in my opinion.

I don't even know if there's money in gardening because I've never done it and I'll likely never get to do it anyway.

Problem is mostly lack of plots rather than the prohibitive cost, especially since most people will now know that they need that kind of money on hand to participate, which is something that we didn't before. That, according to them, will get remedied in time.

Again, it is not something to strangle about. 

If housing or creating castle is such a deal for any terms, Archeage has better option for that. But I played Archeage since Korean open beta and also through this NA version, I don't really like it.

So Yoshida lied. But how long are we going to drag this down and get mad about it? He said he'll double the wards from current ones. Just wait. Also he is right 100% about one thing: why should people have cheaper personal house when it's obvious that people will never go to free company house should everyone can afford large ones and invite their friends to hang out?

And no matter how angry we maybe , there are things that won't change. So ranting a lot about it in this forum especially won't give attention to square Enix. It's a waste of breath. In the end , it just comes down to playing other games, like ArcheAge. Heck, even blade and soul doesn't even have personal room or housing. Or even PSO2 has housing. It has a terrible room customization. 

I feel that paying for small plot for 4-6 m and 30m for medium is perfectly fair in my opinion.

We, of course, have the option to drag it out as long as we want.

Or those who are upset enough at being lied to yet one more time by game developers may take their toys and go home.

I will say this much - YoshiP and staff had a huge amount of trust and affection from their playerbase, so much so that people like you are totally cool with being lied to because you just want the game to work so damn bad.

Well, they've spent quite a lot of that.  Let's see how "okay" you are with things the next time the devs outright lie without explanation.  Because I can guarantee you it's gonna happen again.

We'll have to agree to disagree here, as I still don't think Yoshida has lied, and neither do I think that the current house system is bad.

Well, unless "lie" means something other than "tell a falsehood" in your native language, he did, in fact, lie to the playerbase, and in a quotable fashion.  It isn't a question of whether or not you want to believe it.  That's exactly what he did.

It's a bad way to deal with these things but honestly I've just learned not to expect much so that what I do get I can enjoy if I actually like the game enough.

If I had those expectations I'd be utterly crushed that Type-0 is never on Vita and is instead on PS4/XBOX One. Final Fantasy XV has been a working title for so many years but only after they announced that Nomura isn't the director... did people find out that he's not been the director for awhile and it's really only been the change of director that has led to any real progress towards the game's progress.

Gaming companies as a whole just tend to disappoint if I raise my hopes up. I like the game and the community too much to get myself hyped for things that were talked about almost a year ago. Too much shit can change (and in this case has).

They can rightfully get chewed out for the fact that maybe, maybe, 10% of people and/or FCs can even get a house come 2.4. Even with going to 12 or 16 wards in total you're getting no where near the amount needed for populous servers such as Balmung or Gilgamesh.

Well, unless "lie" means something other than "tell a falsehood" in your native language, he did, in fact, lie to the playerbase, and in a quotable fashion. It isn't a question of whether or not you want to believe it. That's exactly what he did.

It can very well be argued that what he said in DECEMBER 2013, was in fact true. But things have changed with how much gil people accrue since then. They've changed where and how much gil drops or are handed out.

edit: Also, since I was never anywhere close to accruing the gil required to even be helpful to getting an FC house I might be wrong but, I could swear that FC houses starting small plot costs were more than the 5mil required by the very nicest small plots. The cost of each plot goes down at a much faster rate than in December. It now lowers every -6- hours.

For me, playing CoX for a while got me used to devs overpromising and underdelivering (bases), screwing up just enough of a system to make it suck (just about every balance change), or outright lying ("we'll never have PvP/loot/etc."). :x I always keep my expectations extremely low so I can never be terribly disappointed.

The whole limited wards thing is the part that really bothers me, though. For me, the fact that people can get to the point where they've fulfilled the gil requirement and still get shafted on having a house is extremely annoying. That's just exclusivity atop exclusivity for no good reason, IMO. Is some finance guy behind all of this? Is someone at SE still saying, "Geez, this game could implode into a massive quagmire at any moment, so let's not spend any money on infrastructure until we absolutely have to?" Why don't we have like... 80 wards just to start? Why isn't EC2 or Azure being used to spin up new wards on demand (as soon as one fills up, one pops within X hours) that can be live migrated back to the proper datacenter? The whole thing boggles the mind.

It can very well be argued that what he said in DECEMBER 2013, was in fact true. But things have changed with how much gil people accrue since then. They've changed where and how much gil drops or are handed out.

Don't bother with this point. Like when I made it, it'll just get ignored in favor of stirring up more shit yet still paying for and playing the game.

Well, they've spent quite a lot of that.  Let's see how "okay" you are with things the next time the devs outright lie without explanation.  Because I can guarantee you it's gonna happen again.

The answer is "very."

It's still a lie when you tell someone something, never, ever update it, and then give them something entirely different without explanation or warning.  You can play it as nice as you want, Kage, it's still a lie.  What he told the playerbase is not what he actually did, and he never bothered to update or clarify that original statement until after the fact (and even then, it's so obviously backpedaling that it's hilarious).

edit: Also, since I was never anywhere close to accruing the gil required to even be helpful to getting an FC house I might be wrong but, I could swear that FC houses starting small plot costs were more than the 5mil required by the very nicest small plots. The cost of each plot goes down at a much faster rate than in December. It now lowers every -6- hours.

Others have pointed this out, but I'm going to try this one more time: No one cares about the prices.  Does it matter a whit if the prices are lower if no one can actually get the houses because there's no room and wasn't any room 20 minutes after the servers came up?  I mean...really?

Don't bother with this point. Like when I made it, it'll just get ignored in favor of stirring up more shit yet still paying for and playing the game.

LOL okay.

Does it matter a whit if the prices are lower if no one can actually get the houses because there's no room and wasn't any room 20 minutes after the servers came up?  I mean...really?

This.

Most of the legitimate complaints I've heard, seen, or read over the latter half of this past week boil down to, "there weren't enough plots added for there to be housing available for purchase after an hour."

Balmung was supposedly sold out of small plots a mere 14 minutes after the patch went live and servers came back up. That's absurd. Put aside that personal housing turned out to be the same system as FC housing, put aside that individuals are now competing with FCs for housing, put aside whatever Yoshi supposedly promised before radio silence from Square Enix... those who'd worked their rear ends off to be able to afford small houses should at least have a fair chance at acquiring them, and that ought to mean a larger window than a mere hour or less.

The current system by which FC and personal houses are purchased is, to be honest, inadequate. It favors those with no commitments, high-speed connections, and high-end computers who can be available as soon as as the patches go live and who can phase in and out of zones fast enough to travel an in-game distance sooner than others.

I care little for personal housing - my FC was lucky enough to snag a house back in... 2.3, I think it was?... we're small enough that our members can take turns with gardening, and we all have access to chocobo stables, and we helped each other purchase our personal rooms. That said, the above is the one failing point in Square's implementation of housing acquisition, IMO, and I feel for those who've voiced their grievances. "We had the gil, but we weren't able to be there when patch went live." "We had the gil, but we took too long to phase in."

I sincerely doubt that the small plots from the new wards coming with 2.4 will be available longer than a day at most. It'd be optimistic to hope for more than a few hours. Anyone who's not able to be online, patch quickly, and phase quickly as soon as the patch drops will get screwed again.

I will say this much - YoshiP and staff had a huge amount of trust and affection from their playerbase, so much so that people like you are totally cool with being lied to because you just want the game to work so damn bad.

*sighs* I really really don't like it when someone is actually making this into personal and start insulting others to a point that this thread will be closed ... AGAIN. (at least 6 threads regarding housing has been closed due to your constant attacks and complaints)

I don't know what your problem is. Really. I am so fed up with you trying to insult me from the first housing discussions when I clearly said it is fair for FC to gain their house over personal house because all MMO games require guilds to be priority over single player because that is how you make a community and enjoy games with friends. 

The game has not lied to me. The interface, combat system, and beginner friendly system has been ALL implemented to 2.0 as Yoshida promised. New class has been promised. It's not Musketeer, but Ninja is cool too. New dungeons always come up every new patch when some new patches in other MMORPG don't give you new dungeons until the NEW expansion. There's not even new story really or events that happen every month or seasonally. The housing appeared with ridiculous prices and personal rooms in the FC house appeared. It wasn't a lie, they all came out as promised. This patch released personal housing as promised. Just not enough for people to buy the plots. 

There will be lies, but I've not seen Yoshi-P and FF14 devs actually lie as much as other gaming dev team did. They have done their best to this point to keep their fans be satisfied. All I said was "wait and hope that it'll change", and all I've also said was "he isn't completely wrong and he's trying his best". But instead, I get an insult and uncivilized talk toward me. Really? 

You are a veteran player of FF14 and RPC, and you should be at least have the ideal of being friendly and tell members to calm down and be patient - but instead you make weird assumptions that the prices were going to be down, and you are slamming down on people who are trying to tell others to just be patient? 

"people like you" is very far stretched, and the game isn't going bad. These are the main reasons I wanted to play FF14 before this housing idea came up:

1. I liked FF14 concepts and lores and the graphics. I played 1.0 but the reason I quit was I really hated losing XP and LVL like FF11 and it felt too similar to me and the limit on amount of hours I can play to gain lvl seemed silly.
  2. I like the combat system, dungeons, FATE, and the raids that they have given to me. It's challenging, and yet fun. (I havent done dungeons in a while because of RP, but yes - that is the MAIN reason I do like this game.)
  3. Class systems are very open than any other games. I like it. End of story.
  4. Roleplaying with people were the main reason I like the game. Like whole events kept me enjoying all the time. 

Housing was my least concern because I knew myself that I had to earn money for myself since no one in my FC besides my friends in Gilgamesh wanted to save. We all ripped people off by selling philo items for 50-60k everyday doing endless dungeons to farm for the stones and then we gathered enough, and when they quit they gave me all of their Gils and I went to Balmung (They only quit because they wanted to play other games. I dont know when they will return). but as for myself, I did the same thing in Balmung selling it for ridiculously expensive and still earned a lot and then joined in Titan HM teams to earn gils that way. Then I started selling more items and did hunts as Ellaria. 

Aside from the point, I avoided a lot of RP during those times and did endless farmings and I got here now. That's not the reason I came here to talk in the thread. I came to this thread that it's not the end for them to close the book and conclude that they won't listen or lie to us. Who knows if they lie or not? They haven't really shown 2.4 yet, so why judge now? 

But seriously, please do not include me as "people like you", because I surely don't want this game to go bad but I don't want to expect that housing is the only reason I play this game because I feel like I paid 79.99 and ($15.00) per month for nothing. I find myself something else to do everyday at FF14, and that is making new friends and I am very satisfied where I am. 

All these complaints are nothing but negative energy and it's dragging everyone down. So I suggest that at least have yourself one more chance to have a faith than keep saying "He's gonna lie" "It's never gonna happen".

Information I have via Reddit and Friends who attained Private Housing on Balmung:

All small housing was sold after 32 Minutes.

Medium went faster apparently, not sure what the time was.

Large was last, took about an hour according to Reddit.

Something to note:

Availability is one thing but there is something to be said for those who are holding their heads high because they timed, waited, and got the plots that were released. People need to keep in mind that housing is special right now because it is RARE and HARD TO ATTAIN. This is the nature of vanity in an MMO. This is also the nature of Private Housing in a game like FFXIV. It's literally a cash sink. It's also being balanced based on the necessity to maintain a high value in order to just not be something "handed out" to everyone.

In my opinion none of this is broken promises, lies, or anything that insidious. It's expectations and assumptions and a disparity between developer and player base communication channels. There are factors players are not privy to, and no, we are NOT entitled to them. Unfortunately the Roleplay community (which this seems to vastly impact more than others) compared to the vast majority of the game itself, we're a very distinct and small minority. Frankly, the ONLY people who seem to be up in arms about the housing are Roleplayers, most may complain but the response from various Roleplay sources such as this forum has been the most heated.

Everything will eventually come up as time passes by, the housing prices will go down and there will be plenty of plots available in the future.

What is your definition of plenty? Because it seems to me to be very odd. Consider that Balmung has 30,000 (roughly) players. Then consider how many houses we have, even after the wards are doubled.

Everything will eventually come up as time passes by, the housing prices will go down and there will be plenty of plots available in the future.

What is your definition of plenty? Because it seems to me to be very odd. Consider that Balmung has 30,000 (roughly) players. Then consider how many houses we have, even after the wards are doubled.

xivsoul.com reports a Balmung population of 80,000 player characters. Who knows how many of those are alts. Where'd the 30k figure come from? I'm curious.

xivsoul.com reports a Balmung population of 80,000 player characters. Who knows how many of those are alts. Where'd the 30k figure come from? I'm curious.

Was me typoing 80 for some random reason. xD

Even if every single player in that count had 6 alts - something that is extremely unlikely to the point that there's no real point in considering it, but we'll do so just because - that's over 13,000 players. In reality, it is far, far more, as most don't have more than one or two. And it still means there will be no where even close to "plenty" of wards, even after 2.4.

It may very well be the case that they lied, or it may be a major misunderstanding and some sort of translation error that is to blame. Either way a significant number of players were led to believe one thing only to find out that the developers were going to do something completely different to what was originally implied.

I'm sure most people will agree that it isn't a great situation, especially since this is precisely the sort of controversy that can discourage players from investing in FFXIV. I'm also going to bring up something else that I firmly needs to be said because, quite honestly, some of the replies to this thread are leading me to make a mental note of who to avoid interacting with should I encounter them in-game.

Not everybody in this thread is new to MMO's. Many of us have invested in other MMO's over the years and know exactly what sort of tricks and issues that developers can resort to and cause. I also feel the need to point out that just because somebody feels strongly about the housing situation it is not an excuse to tell them to shut up or leave the game. If the game didn't have redeeming qualities then most of us wouldn't be here in the first place, though at the same time there is nothing preventing people from raising their concerns in a constructive manner. 

Will some people simply come into this thread with the purpose of venting? That's likely too - but that, again, is no reason for the usual suspects to resort to personal attacks just because the game they fawn over isn't praised as being the best thing since sliced bread at every possible opportunity.

Ultimately what matters is whether the developers learn from their mistakes and make significant changes to ensure that player housing isn't something limited to those who are filthy rich, play eighteen hours a day and manage to log on during a specific window of time in order to actually purchase a house in the first place. Yet that doesn't mean we can't discuss the situation in the present and put forth a solid debate in order to conjure up solutions sooner rather than later.

The developers might not see this thread but let's not be foolish enough to pretend as if many of us don't post elsewhere on FFXIV related sites/sub-forums, eh?

It can be plenty or not plenty. There could be 3 wards or 8 or 16 for 2.4, or more wards in the future. I find Personal Housing (Even FC housing) to be the longest term project from developers for players in this case. It's not limited edition where wards will eventually stop and people can't really buy any single plot what-so-ever. 

We are only at 2.4 version here, and they are slowly adding and implementing it. If they haven't added new wards for like 6-12 months, then that's an issue. But it isn't. They are adding them in slowly, and it has been showing signs that it's happening.

They are also probably adding more wards anyways for Ishgard housing area and also for Gold Saucer and airship etc. 

I mean, if airships are going to be limited - it'll come down to that point that players will complain about that instead. From my experience of every games by fans, are that fans will never be satisfied about what is given to them. 

It's like if someone requested the chef to cook something special, and the chef cooked something for that person, it is likely that 50% of that chance - the customer will say "That is not what I asked for and you didn't deliver it".

Not everybody in this thread is new to MMO's. Many of us have invested in other MMO's over the years and know exactly what sort of tricks and issues that developers can resort to and cause. I also feel the need to point out that just because somebody feels strongly about the housing situation it is not an excuse to tell them to shut up or leave the game. If the game didn't have redeeming qualities then most of us wouldn't be here in the first place, though at the same time there is nothing preventing people from raising their concerns in a constructive manner. 

Will some people simply come into this thread with the purpose of venting? That's likely too - but that, again, is no reason for the usual suspects to resort to personal attacks just because the game they fawn over isn't praised as being the best thing since sliced bread at every possible opportunity.

I really really hope you guys didn't think I was telling you all to "shut up" or "leave the game", because that is not my actual focus in point there. If you feel that I was saying it that way, then I don't know what to say because that's just twisting my words. All I said was "be patient, and wait". And to some people, it's like being heard as "no one cares if you complain. Stop whining and deal with it." 

No one should start any personal attacks. Which is why I made that post before saying that I was fed up with it just because -someone- disagrees with you, doesn't mean one should start attacking and throwing insults.

*sighs* I really really don't like it when someone is actually making this into personal and start insulting others to a point that this thread will be closed ... AGAIN. (at least 6 threads regarding housing has been closed due to your constant attacks and complaints)

Citation needed.  Just because I'm saying things that you don't like doesn't mean that I'm personally attacking anyone else.  Disagreeing with you - or anyone else - is not a personal attack, no matter how much you might wish otherwise.  And while I have noted several personal attacks on me, I figure people are free to say stupid things all day long if they want.  Doesn't mean I have the right to tell them to shut up.  So to be clear: I've told no one to shut up.  It would be nice if you'd stop telling me - and others who agree with me - to shut up because you don't like what we're saying.

I don't know what your problem is. Really. I am so fed up with you trying to insult me from the first housing discussions when I clearly said it is fair for FC to gain their house over personal house because all MMO games require guilds to be priority over single player because that is how you make a community and enjoy games with friends.

I literally have no idea what you're talking about here.  I haven't tried to personally insult or attack you, and I'm not sure why my apparent evil insistence on not agreeing with you translates into me personally attacking you.  I haven't called you any names, I haven't accused you have anything.  I've just said I don't think you'll feel the same way when it's actually something you care about.

The game has not lied to me. The interface, combat system, and beginner friendly system has been ALL implemented to 2.0 as Yoshida promised. New class has been promised. It's not Musketeer, but Ninja is cool too. New dungeons always come up every new patch when some new patches in other MMORPG don't give you new dungeons until the NEW expansion. There's not even new story really or events that happen every month or seasonally. The housing appeared with ridiculous prices and personal rooms in the FC house appeared. It wasn't a lie, they all came out as promised. This patch released personal housing as promised. Just not enough for people to buy the plots.

I never said the game lied to you.  I did, however, say that Yoshida lied when he made the statements he made last December and then never clarified them.

There will be lies, but I've not seen Yoshi-P and FF14 devs actually lie as much as other gaming dev team did. They have done their best to this point to keep their fans be satisfied. All I said was "wait and hope that it'll change", and all I've also said was "he isn't completely wrong and he's trying his best". But instead, I get an insult and uncivilized talk toward me. Really?

I'm not sure where you're getting insulted or attacked.  If disagreeing with you and saying that, well, actually, I do consider having my trust broken an issue is insulting to you..I mean, man, I can't be responsible for you deciding that anything I say is an insult to you.  You made that decision yourself.

You are a veteran player of FF14 and RPC, and you should be at least have the ideal of being friendly and tell members to calm down and be patient - but instead you make weird assumptions that the prices were going to be down, and you are slamming down on people who are trying to tell others to just be patient?

Um...I still have no idea what you are talking about.  I feel like you're either confusing me with someone else, or you have just decided that I'm saying things that I'm not.  Let me be clear for the nth time: No one cares about the prices.  Seriously, no one cares.  It was never about the prices.  Not saying I don't think the prices are ridiculous - I do think they are.  But the prices are pointless and completely secondary to the conversation when it's legitimately impossible to buy a house at all within 20 minutes of the patch going live.  This is completely silly.  I don't understand why this is even up for debate?

"people like you" is very far stretched, and the game isn't going bad. These are the main reasons I wanted to play FF14 before this housing idea came up:

1. I liked FF14 concepts and lores and the graphics. I played 1.0 but the reason I quit was I really hated losing XP and LVL like FF11 and it felt too similar to me and the limit on amount of hours I can play to gain lvl seemed silly.
  2. I like the combat system, dungeons, FATE, and the raids that they have given to me. It's challenging, and yet fun. (I havent done dungeons in a while because of RP, but yes - that is the MAIN reason I do like this game.)
  3. Class systems are very open than any other games. I like it. End of story.
  4. Roleplaying with people were the main reason I like the game. Like whole events kept me enjoying all the time. 

Housing was my least concern because I knew myself that I had to earn money for myself since no one in my FC besides my friends in Gilgamesh wanted to save. We all ripped people off by selling philo items for 50-60k everyday doing endless dungeons to farm for the stones and then we gathered enough, and when they quit they gave me all of their Gils and I went to Balmung (They only quit because they wanted to play other games. I dont know when they will return). but as for myself, I did the same thing in Balmung selling it for ridiculously expensive and still earned a lot and then joined in Titan HM teams to earn gils that way. Then I started selling more items and did hunts as Ellaria. 

Aside from the point, I avoided a lot of RP during those times and did endless farmings and I got here now. That's not the reason I came here to talk in the thread. I came to this thread that it's not the end for them to close the book and conclude that they won't listen or lie to us. Who knows if they lie or not? They haven't really shown 2.4 yet, so why judge now?

Thank you for the background information, but I don't have a clue what it has to do with this thread?  I'm sorry that you are so upset by the very idea that maybe some people won't put up with being lied to by people they are paying.  Everyone has their breaking point, after all.  What's important to one person won't be important at all to someone else.  What's important to me isn't going to be important to you, and what's important to you may not matter a hill of beans to me.  And that's okay.  My point, however, was that you can watch a pattern of behavior and judge - by looking at past actions - how a particular person or group of persons will behave in the future.  When someone lies to you, that is something you add into that value judgement.

But seriously, please do not include me as "people like you", because I surely don't want this game to go bad but I don't want to expect that housing is the only reason I play this game because I feel like I paid 79.99 and ($15.00) per month for nothing. I find myself something else to do everyday at FF14, and that is making new friends and I am very satisfied where I am.

You know, I really have no idea why you seem to think that myself, and others who are upset with how SE handled this entire situation, want the "game to go bad."  Generally speaking, people only get upset when they care.  They care when they want a game to be good.  That's generally why people speak out when they see something going the wrong way. 

All these complaints are nothing but negative energy and it's dragging everyone down. So I suggest that at least have yourself one more chance to have a faith than keep saying "He's gonna lie" "It's never gonna happen".

I'm going to gently suggest that if you don't want to read complaints about something, going to a thread where people are putting those complaints together is probably not the wisest course of action.  No one here is making you read this thread, but it would be nice if you could have the kindness to allow people who are upset to talk about being upset.  No one is trying to hurt you.  You don't have to come in here and defend SE.  But it's a bit misguided for you to tell upset people to stop talking about their upset in a thread basically dedicated to talking about the situation.  I'm not quite following the logic myself.

And while I have noted several personal attacks on me, I figure people are free to say stupid things all day long if they want.  Doesn't mean I have the right to tell them to shut up.  So to be clear: I've told no one to shut up.  It would be nice if you'd stop telling me - and others who agree with me - to shut up because you don't like what we're saying.

Thanks for twisting my words, because no where did I actually write or imply people to "shut up". Just because I said "wait for the possible change" means DOESN'T LITERALLY MEAN I AM TELLING YOU TO SHUT UP. It mean not EVERYTHING is hopeless. The houses back in small plot FC wards were dropped down to 1.5 million gil and you could have purchased it and use it as a personal house for yourself if that's the case. Thats what I did temporarily since it was so cheap.

I'm going to gently suggest that if you don't want to read complaints about something, going to a thread where people are putting those complaints together is probably not the wisest course of action.  No one here is making you read this thread, but it would be nice if you could have the kindness to allow people who are upset to talk about being upset.  No one is trying to hurt you.  You don't have to come in here and defend SE.  But it's a bit misguided for you to tell upset people to stop talking about their upset in a thread basically dedicated to talking about the situation.  I'm not quite following the logic myself.

I am pretty sure the thread is: Personal Housing Thread 2.0, not "personal housing complaints thread". Which means it is right to talk to people to "please be patient" or even "it's not completely hopeless".

It's been only a week since 2.38 and this whole argument and getting worked up between RPC players is not going to be nice. And no, I have my own reason to believe that the patch was fair to some aspects and I just consider it as a "tip of the iceberg" or even "beta testing" to see how fast the personal houses would be taken. Now they -know-, so they are probably adding more wards. 

They were going by the previous charts of how fast the plots were taken from Ward 1-7 from FC so they probably WEREN'T expecting that players really had that much money in 20 minutes. It's only been a week. If 2.4 came out and they only had 2 wards up, then I would be annoyed too. But even if Yoshida lied, I wouldn't really be concerned to quit the game because there are other things to do. THAT IS WHAT I SAID. All I said was just be patient. I wrote in English (despite that English is 2nd language to me), I clearly wrote it in a decent moderate manner to encourage players to look at the positive way than be disappointed. You completely make it sound like I am telling you to shut up, NO. I did not. I never said it.

I'll never understand the allergy many role-players have in regards to criticism. It's a natural part of life and whilst we can pretend that the world is all sunshine and rainbows the reality is far from it. At the same time it's not even that people are being needlessly negative - it's literally one particular issue that is being discussed and yet...a select few posters seem intent on throwing up their arms and trying to stifle any and all debate regarding the subject.

If you don't feel that it's an issue, that's fine - but stop demanding that everybody else should remain silent. I don't particularly care for some of the threads on this site but I respectfully avoid posting in them. If I do post on them then I make certain that I'm not simply doing so in a way that implies that other people should shut up.