So... your character's future and Jobs to come.

So as many know, Erik is a good man... but he has a bit of the darkness in him. The soldier in him lets him pillage and torture and all sorts of war fun. Sort of the guy that wants to be as people see him but cant escape who he is. The whole point of the Red Wings is that we are a crew of messed up people who do the dirty work so others dont have to. So from this it is also common knowledge that I have been whining for my old FF11 class, ie the Dark Knight since launch. With the expansion coming I hope to get it, but it leaves me to wonder, how will that effect my character in the long run? By giving me the job, Erik will be free to go bad, but do i want too?

So long short of it, if there is some job or thing you have wanted, and you got it, how will it effect your character both short and long term?

I will leave you with the trailer for Dracula Untold, only because when I watched it, my foreknowledge of Erik's RP fate made me yell at the tv, "ITS LIKE A TRAILER FOR ERIK POST-DRK!!!"

[align=center][video=youtube]

[/align]

I am so with you on Dark Knight. Dogberry just aches for it. He'd already be one if it were available. Consider a man who has had so many brushes with death, he no longer fears it. Who in a way considers himself already dead, and fights a little harder than he would otherwise because of this. He's so DRK it hurts.

Hiro's a Doman from birth, brought over as conscripted infantry for the Garlean war effort left amnesiac after the Fall. If Samurai were to ever become a class that's probably where I'd have him regain a significant chunk of his memories (plus then I should have access to more concrete Doman lores :P). Ninja is a good stepping stone but not quite the right piece to fill in the puzzle so to speak.

Sadly, I don't know that there's a 'right class' for me in the FF universe. Hopefully Yoshida & Friends will take a lot of creative freedom with future classes, but I could also see them strictly adhering to existing FF classes/jobs. What makes it hard for me is that FF, for the most part, sticks to very traditional JRPG roles. If you're strictly a healer, FF limits you mostly to cloth-wearing, stick-wielding priest type. 

I'm much more fond of the sorts of classes you find in Warhammer fantasy. Fewer in number, but much more diverse. This is an interesting healer. This one even more so. I want to be right up on the front lines with my comrades, trading blows with the enemy and pushing my allies to fight harder. 

So in the very unlikely event that square ever implements a heavy combat medic job, I'll switch over in a heartbeat, and I will absolutely create a character entirely centered around it.

DARK KNIGHT DARK KNIGHT DARK KNIGHT

I want it soooo bad for my elezen Juste. He's modeled after a dark knight and practically -was- one at the big battle in Carteneau. I would be complete if they announced it. >.< I want it soooo bad.

And as much as I love Dracula stuff, screw that trailer. I'm so sick of the old guy telling me I have no idea what the true story of Dracula is everytime I try and watch a youtube video. >.> Maybe I don't know the true story, but when I wanna watch my cute puppy compilations, I don't need to hear old creepy guy telling me I don't know the true story. Maybe I need ad blocker.

/endrant

My eventual plan is to make Armi an Eorzean idol/popstar! Which is bard, so...

Actually once Red Mage comes out, I'm probably going to figure out a way to lean Armi in that direction, though a friend of mine already has an idea for her and Armi to try guns when Musketeer comes out.

The big issue with Red Mage is that Armi is really bad at magic, like really really bad at it. She can't really control it very well so I'd have to find a way around that.

My eventual plan is to make Armi an Eorzean idol/popstar! Which is bard, so...

Actually once Red Mage comes out, I'm probably going to figure out a way to lean Armi in that direction, though a friend of mine already has an idea for her and Armi to try guns when Musketeer comes out.

The big issue with Red Mage is that Armi is really bad at magic, like really really bad at it. She can't really control it very well so I'd have to find a way around that.

All  it takes is practice and a good teacher, but it all depends on the type of magic also.

Erk, I must be the only one not looking forward to Dark Knight, just because there's gonna be so much forced EDGINESS and BROODINESS! It will be very entertaining having Kale react to people looking him in the face and telling him that "I'm like this because I'm a Dark Knight".

Being my usual critical self, but as it's been said in the other thread, one doesn't need an in-game class to validate one's own RP archetype!

Erk, I must be the only one not looking forward to Dark Knight, just because there's gonna be so much forced EDGINESS and BROODINESS! It will be very entertaining having Kale react to people looking him in the face and telling him that "I'm like this because I'm a Dark Knight".

Being my usual critical self, but as it's been said in the other thread, one doesn't need an in-game class to validate one's own RP archetype!

I want to make a Dark Knight that has an upbeat attitude now.

Correct, but thats not what im asking. What I am asking is how will new jobs, or any new content that has a logical effect on your character, effect their overall story.

Beast Master!

Sasha usually uses her charm to get what she wants, so the idea of getting beasts to do her bidding isn't too far-fetched considering her demeanor. After all, she bends people to her will, why not beasts? :lol:

Correct, but thats not what im asking. What I am asking is how will new jobs, or any new content that has a logical effect on your character, effect their overall story.

In the vein on the effect that it has on Nako's character, until I see how they do Red Mage (if they do) then i am going to keep him as he is, an intermediate level caster with a broad knowledge of different types of Magic (owait.... :P)

Val'll be going Ninja because he's always been RPed as dual-wielding knives, and I've always played thieves/rogues in any MMO I've played. I simply didn't have that at the time.

..That being said, don't expect him to run around and tell everyone he's a ninja. He isn't Naruto or one of those other retards. He'll pretty much keep to himself about it and no one will be the wiser!