Upcoming Patch (READ!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im on a PS4 lol and bought FF via download so hopefully the patch is downloaded through psn or something like that. 

I can't do pc the whole thing is too complicated for me.

PC is actually pretty easy. Just log into the game client and it will auto-download the patch for you. Im not sure how this will work for players when we upgrade to the 3.0 expansion.

On another, note, I started the download early this morning at 8am est before I went to work and I didn't see it having any troubles.

Im not sure how this will work for players when we upgrade to the 3.0 expansion.

If it's like any other MMO, it will be the same process. Log in, it downloads/installs, then you continue playing. Even if you don't buy the ex-pac it will probably install as your client needs to be up-to-date to keep playing the version you DO own. Newer areas will just be blocked off until you buy the unlock key.

Im not sure how this will work for players when we upgrade to the 3.0 expansion.

If it's like any other MMO, it will be the same process. Log in, it downloads/installs, then you continue playing. Even if you don't buy the ex-pac it will probably install as your client needs to be up-to-date to keep playing the version you DO own. Newer areas will just be blocked off until you buy the unlock key.

That's how XI did it. Everyone got the patch come release day, but if you tried to zone somewhere you couldn't it would just kick you back out at the loading screen and tell you you need the expansion to continue on.

My experience this morning before work:

Drink tea and eat apple while patch downloads.

Eat second apple cause patch still downloading. 

Patch finishes downloading, log in.

In Ul'dah. Seems empty teleport to Limsa.

Limsa is full.

Heads to rogue guild.

Small army of people there.

Shove way through crowd to get quest and spend 5 minutes trying to click on quest giver.

Get molested by two miqo'te girls.

Get quest and go to La Noscea to kill things.

Hordes of ninjas all camping spawns which are all dead.

Log off to go to work marvelling how this game became. "World OF Ninjas" overnight.

Believe it!

(Think I said last part right, never watched Naruto. Lol)

My experience this morning before work:

Drink tea and eat apple while patch downloads.

Eat second apple cause patch still downloading. 

Patch finishes downloading, log in.

In Ul'dah. Seems empty teleport to Limsa.

Limsa is full.

Heads to rogue guild.

Small army of people there.

Shove way through crowd to get quest and spend 5 minutes trying to click on quest giver.

Get molested by two miqo'te girls.

Get quest and go to La Noscea to kill things.

Hordes of ninjas all camping spawns which are all dead.

Log off to go to work marvelling how this game became. "World OF Ninjas" overnight.

Believe it!

(Think I said last part right, never watched Naruto. Lol)

Nooooo I am dreading logging into the game because of this!! Time to stay by the FC house and craft for a while.

Ultrso fight is pretty interesting. Minion seems to be 100% drop

Qarn bosses aren't toooh bad. I dont know what the mechanics are but the first boss seemed to need to just have head and others killed while avoiding Quicksand and dropping the taeget sand ball away from people. The second boss seems to need adds to go down ASAP. I'm not sure what the last boss needs but stay away from its front and stay away from facing the sarcophagi.

SasTasha first boss requires fast esuna or leeches. Can't rely on tank stuns especially if tank is stunned himself.

some mobs in the dungeon are healed by brine. For second boss the longer he shoots the more damage buff he gets. I think damage to him will stop it if the damage reaches a certain %. Last boss I ignored one cretain set of named adds.

Haven't fought shiva or snowcloak yet

Literally the only person who got the patch and went 'meh' at most of it.

Even if I wanted to touch Rogue, that part of Limsa is so busy that it lags to hell. Had an FC member constantly DC attempting to talk to the NPC in there. Aleport is basically Rogue haven right now so that was fun, all that lag trying to get to the Sastasha unlock.

I have a funny feeling that even though Soldiery has replaced Myth in the roulettes, it actually pays out less per instance. And the hunt marks to get the soldiery gear? Wow. I did however find see a pair of myth earrings in a dungeon though so, I know where that gear has gone.

I don't know, maybe it was all the hype leading up to it but now that it's here and I can play it? Not as exciting as I thought it would be.

You're not alone. All I was excited about is the additional clothing.

But now that it's dropped and people are on there, what is the exchange rate of Myth to Soldiery? I was sure to cap my Myth before the patch.

Even if I wanted to touch Rogue, that part of Limsa is so busy that it lags to hell. Had an FC member constantly DC attempting to talk to the NPC in there. Aleport is basically Rogue haven right now so that was fun, all that lag trying to get to the Sastasha unlock.

I have a funny feeling that even though Soldiery has replaced Myth in the roulettes, it actually pays out less per instance. And the hunt marks to get the soldiery gear? Wow. I did however find see a pair of myth earrings in a dungeon though so, I know where that gear has gone.

I don't know, maybe it was all the hype leading up to it but now that it's here and I can play it? Not as exciting as I thought it would be.

Honestly, if you didn't expect that, I would've called you crazy. A new class came out, who WOULDN'T flock to that first (except me, I'm probably gonna dodge ROG until about a week into the patch). Limsa was destined to just be a gigantic lag fest today, and most likely for the next week and a half (that weekend is gonna be hell). Also, the soldiery pay out is less, but you have to keep in mind that they modified almost all the prices to those items now. 

I won't say that it was really hyped, but it was within reason. I can see why some people can be 'meh' about it since there are some things that didn't make it in (ex: the zodiac quest seems to be paused? It may be because nexus was a recent-ish release and they want to give a crowd of people a chance to obtain it) and the giant clusterfuck can certainly be a turnoff.

I'm kind of 'meh' about the i90 myth items being the new dungeon set though. I was kind of hoping for another really cool looking dungeon set, now I can confirm that I don't give a shit about BRD shirts this patch.

Dem Shiva Extreme parties tho. And dat poetics bow. Yummy.

Honestly, if you didn't expect that, I would've called you crazy. A new class came out, who WOULDN'T flock to that first (except me, I'm probably gonna dodge ROG until about a week into the patch). Limsa was destined to just be a gigantic lag fest today, and most likely for the next week and a half (that weekend is gonna be hell). Also, the soldiery pay out is less, but you have to keep in mind that they modified almost all the prices to those items now. 

I won't say that it was really hyped, but it was within reason. I can see why some people can be 'meh' about it since there are some things that didn't make it in (ex: the zodiac quest seems to be paused? It may be because nexus was a recent-ish release and they want to give a crowd of people a chance to obtain it) and the giant clusterfuck can certainly be a turnoff.

I'm kind of 'meh' about the i90 myth items being the new dungeon set though. I was kind of hoping for another really cool looking dungeon set, now I can confirm that I don't give a shit about BRD shirts this patch.

Dem Shiva Extreme parties tho. And dat poetics bow. Yummy.

Oh believe me, I expected it. Thing is, it's that bad on the Odin server, haven't even seen what it's like on Balmung yet and I really don't want to right now. I have seen more people roaming between FATEs in Aleport today than i've ever seen on the server.

I wasn't aware that any prices had changed in relation to Soldiery. Everything looked the same when I looked but it was more of a passing glance than anything. I know that the hunt prices are very different to what the myth stuff was at the end.

Can't say i'm fussed about the Zodiac weapon thing. I gave up on the Atmas, went back and tried again since there was an increase to the rate and still waiting on a drop. Apparently my luck is just that terrible.

As for myth gear in dungeons. I'm just surprised that I saw something on the first run through instead of materials.

I did a few levels of Rogue, just to test it out. It'll be perfect for Ken, but I am probably going to hold off for a while on leveling it, too. Just.. no desire to join the mad rush. Lol.

What I am REALLY excited for are the new MSQ line and Hildibrand. New recipes (especially the CUL food for housing) and gear.