Moogle Lore and their RP-worthiness?

OttoVann

Ive got some ideas to make some moogles into like...assistants. But I want to do things like get them high on drugs and stuff too for comic relief.

Like, I want a personal moogle assistant. Can this work? Can Otto have a little moogle that flutters in and out of his room to hand it basic assignments? Would it be able to survive snorting his 'sugar' (cocaine equivalent) with him?

Please advise

The moogles tend to be fairly autonomous. I'm not sure if you could get one to work for you in particular, but they do donate their time, handling our mail, and are known alcoholics. 

But at the same time, why couldn't a moogle or a few work for you? It'd be their choice.

The moogles tend to be fairly autonomous. I'm not sure if you could get one to work for you in particular, but they do donate their time, handling our mail, and are known alcoholics. 

But at the same time, why couldn't a moogle or a few work for you? It'd be their choice.

Make one a former disgruntled postal worker looking for a new career.

I have a puffball in my rp, he's a blast..... do it Otto.

I read somewhere that only Shroud born can see moogles or something, in addition to possessing some other plot devices like the Echo.

The game is really bad about this. Like in the Gridania opening the moogles are surprised because "Oh! You can SEE us, kupo?!" Then you get to the King Moogle Mog line and it's like everyone can see them.

Of all of the things I wanted answered on the lore panel. The freaking moogle-madness. 

One of the more common takes I seem to encounter in RP these days is that some moogles basically glamour themselves invisible whilst others doesn't, and if you see a moogle it is because that moogle has decided that you are to see it. 

Personally I just refrain from involving moogles into my RP, not that I can really envision it happen anyways, but simply because the game says conflicting things about the whole deal.

I read somewhere that only Shroud born can see moogles or something, in addition to possessing some other plot devices like the Echo.

The game is really bad about this. Like in the Gridania opening the moogles are surprised because "Oh! You can SEE us, kupo?!" Then you get to the King Moogle Mog line and it's like everyone can see them.

Well, technically, All players in the main story quest line are heroes of light, since one of the earlier cutscenes you can see others with the same vision as you! So in that sense every PC character is technically a hero of light, however in story (or the way I view it at least) you are the only one that heeds that call and gets far enough. Hence multiple people can see moogles!

Now obviously in RP stand point this is a bit too OP (demand nerf!) Since we have no other lore on this, I say do what you wish! In Arcanum for example, we hunt relics, the one that are too powerful to display or to sell, we charge moogles to hide them once more, the location is not even known to the members. So I say go for it!

The very first time you talk to a delivery moogle, it has some dialogue that something along the lines that the "tiny horned ones" (Padjal, most likely) convinced some moogles that they shouldn't hide behind their glamour anymore and become mail handlers. The owner of one of the chocobo stables in the Shroud has also seen moogles -- she named her stable after them in honor of being saved by one, but she hasn't seen one since then. Papalymo and Yda do not possess the Echo, but they can see Kuplo Kopp... and I don't believe either are from Gridania/the Shroud.

So... I think in the end, anyone can see a moogle, it just primarily depends on if the moogle WANTS to be seen. If a moogle is hiding behind Moogle Magic, then it takes something 'special' to see them (Echo or whatever), like in the Gridania opening scene.