An adventurer and engineer who wouldn't mind a few new connections~

I'd been contemplating making a post here for a bit, and ultimately decided sure, why not. I love meeting new people, and this might serve that a bit better than the occasional chat with a stranger in-game.

Merri's an adventurer, through and through. (Registered with the guild and all that) He also, however, has ties with the Garlond Ironworks as a magitek engineer and owns his own workshop. I'm not really after characters with specific backgrounds, as ultimately I just enjoy making new friends and acquaintances.

So, if you'd have a reason to want to get to know a seasoned adventurer, or perhaps are seeking a veteran magitek engineer for a consultation or other form of assistance, let's see if we can't get something rolling one of these days! The Rosethorne Ironworks is most certainly open for business, and Merri has never been one to shy away from an adventure~

[align=center]

G4DqQMo.png[/align]

Now I'm just wondering where Gran got that apple from.

In all seriousness, though, I have an... odd I idea I want to set in motion, and Magitek may be the way for it to be done. I can easily just attribute the work to Cid and the Garlond Ironworks, but getting to interact with more PCs than NPCs just seems better to me.

Oh, don't expect him to make anything for you. He doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands and he's too much of a goody-goody ❤️.

Then explain the Tucopiss Tracker prototype. I lugged that invention of his around for months moons.

I can easily just attribute the work to Cid and the Garlond Ironworks, but getting to interact with more PCs than NPCs just seems better to me.

Funnily enough, Cid actually doesn't really work with the Ironworks proper anymore and is only the president in name. His deputy, Jessie, took control after Cid kept running off on adventures and neglecting his business. That's actually why the Ironworks armor exists. It was basically a way to help the Ironworks from going under.

But yes! I do not think it would be terribly hard to convince Merri to attempt to make rocket boots for your little buddy. (Or whatever is it that you really had in mind, haha.) He loves attempting to piece together absolutely absurd concepts. But we won't talk about those misadventures here.

To everyone else, let's do it. Feel free to poke me either here via PMs or in-game, and I'll try and poke you guys, and we'll see what happens.

Oh, don't expect him to make anything for you. He doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands and he's too much of a goody-goody ❤️.

Then explain the Tucopiss Tracker prototype. I lugged that invention of his around for months moons.

Opinions change! .....And it also entirely depends on what they want built, who they are, and how well Merri trusts them~

Note: Giving stupid names to his creations may have mixed results.

Edit: By not catching his sarcasm.

I can easily just attribute the work to Cid and the Garlond Ironworks, but getting to interact with more PCs than NPCs just seems better to me.

Funnily enough, Cid actually doesn't really work with the Ironworks proper anymore and is only the president in name. His deputy, Jessie, took control after Cid kept running off on adventures and neglecting his business. That's actually why the Ironworks armor exists. It was basically a way to help the Ironworks from going under.

But yes! I do not think it would be terribly hard to convince Merri to attempt to make rocket boots for your little buddy. (Or whatever is it that you really had in mind, haha.) He loves attempting to piece together absolutely absurd concepts. But we won't talk about those misadventures here.

Did not know that... but that does make a good degree of sense. What with all the running around Cid was doing in the MSQ. Support your local Magiteknicianstm, purchase Ironworks armor! :lol:

And the concept is certainly an absurd one, though it may not be out of scope for some of the things that have already been done from a technological standpoint. However, considering the sensitive nature of it, it would probably be best discussed through Private Messages.

Just let Dogberry find out Merri made rocket boots for a pig.

He wanted RP not death!

Please don't let Dogberry know there were rocket boots made for someone who wasn't him... the seas are not large enough to hide! @_@;

He can escape on Gran, it's cool. Cat riding a tiny piglet, rocketing through the skies.

Never underestimate Dogberry's ability to hold a grudge. That pig's gotta land somewhere, sometime.

Listen, rocket pig boots and life-threatening operations / lifelong suffering are two entirely different things! But it's cool, he'll build Dogberry a rocket couch to make up for it. Right? Has to do something with that old couch.

.....A rocket couch, Dog. Think about it.

I'm not even really sure how that would work, actually.

Never underestimate Dogberry's ability to hold a grudge. That pig's gotta land somewhere, sometime.

Listen, rocket pig boots and life-threatening operations / lifelong suffering are two entirely different things! But it's cool, he'll build Dogberry a rocket couch to make up for it. Right? Has to do something with that old couch.

You can install that couch on Dogberry's chocobo. After the new intake, headers, roll bars, manifold, and exhaust. And a hover conversion.

You can install that couch on Dogberry's chocobo. After the new intake, headers, roll bars, manifold, and exhaust. And a hover conversion.

I don't think Hover-Opo technology is ready to be moved to the large scale yet.

Eleni is also a full fledged adventurer (registered with the Adventurer's Guild in Gridania)! So, she's always heading to new places and meeting new people! And she enjoys making new friends, so why not? Meeting a fellow adventurer (and one with far more experience than her) would also be a good learning experience. :)

• 3 weeks later...