Pen-pal project

Maril

I was curious what this was all about...

Chachan is ALL about friends, so he'd be more than happy to make more. Hopefully his pen-pal wouldn't mind overly much that his writing is rather... childish-looking. Or that their name is spelled wrong if they decide not to remain anonymous - though I can also see him writing the letter to Nanny Mass if they are.

I tend to get bored easily in my downtime, so replies could be quite frequent depending.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy to see people are still interested. I'm going to start working on matching people up - I figure that I will make a list and slap it up here, and then people can figure things out between them. 

As for the anonymous ones, and how exactly that would work.. I was thinking that they could go through a courier service of a sort where people have asked to have a paypal and then the courier would simply bring letters back and forth consistently between two random people (Off-screen of course). I wouldn't mind hooking said service up to my Kindred, if people desired it for the sake of being more specific. 

I'll be updating the OP with the list, and please continue to sign up if you want in.

As for the anonymous ones, and how exactly that would work.. I was thinking that they could go through a courier service of a sort where people have asked to have a paypal and then the courier would simply bring letters back and forth consistently between two random people (Off-screen of course). I wouldn't mind hooking said service up to my Kindred, if people desired it for the sake of being more specific.

If I'm not mistaken, someone made a character in-game specifically to deal with sending letters anonymously IC. There's a thread for it somewhere around here, I could probably hunt it down if needed. Either way, that's an option if any of this migrates to in-game.

Of course, since it's being done in PMs at the moment, it should be easy enough to just sign it "An Anonymous Pen-Pal" or something at the end.

If I'm not mistaken, someone made a character in-game specifically to deal with sending letters anonymously IC. There's a thread for it somewhere around here, I could probably hunt it down if needed. Either way, that's an option if any of this migrates to in-game.

Of course, since it's being done in PMs at the moment, it should be easy enough to just sign it "An Anonymous Pen-Pal" or something at the end.

That would be ideal :) If you can hunt it down I can link to it, so it's there as an option if people want to take it further ^^

That would be ideal :) If you can hunt it down I can link to it, so it's there as an option if people want to take it further ^^

Done.

The thread is here, but it has not been posted in in the past couple weeks. I'm sure that doesn't mean much since the character's already been created (and it's only two weeks!)... but it might be worth a poke to see if they're willing to help. This does seem like something Anon Y'mous was designed for, though~!

Whatever you do, don't pair either of my toons up with either of Brendt's toons.  We're in the same FC and all of our characters already know one another.  xD  That's be a bit strange.

I am going to be looking at peoples info and wiki's to make sure I don't accidentally pair people up within the same FC. Going to get a friend of mine to help matching myself up (With Nailah, anonymously) so I get the random element as well. 

Note: if any of you didn't note anything for anonymity I am going to be assuming your characters aren't anonymous ^^

The first matches are up. Feel free to keep signing up, but it'll be a few days before I match again. Statswise, 30 characters are involved thus far :) 

I edited the list into the OP and added some notes. 

Happy writing!

I take it Jethas hasn't been matched yet? Just making sure.  =)

When I went through the list I have generally taken the first name they wrote - so for you it's Ryuuza. However I can change it about if you want so that Jethas is there instead.  

If more people sign up/Time passes ill get about to match the other characters people listed, but for now I really wanted to get a "round one" going with the matching ^^

Jethas is more my main.  If we're doing this with PMs though i don't see too much of a huge issue save one.  An fc member reminded me that Ryu is a bit illiterate, so...might be best to pair him later if more people join.  that way maybe he can learn basics, or have someone help him.  xD

Jethas is more my main.  If we're doing this with PMs though i don't see too much of a huge issue save one.  An fc member reminded me that Ryu is a bit illiterate, so...might be best to pair him later if more people join.  that way maybe he can learn basics, or have someone help him.  xD

Alright, I'll change it up so Jethas is paired with Emma instead ^^