Need PC Build Help/Online Builder/Troubleshooting

Kage

You are of course right. I barely ever watch prices. To be honest I go intel because I know it. I don't know AMD at all.

For reference berrod, I went on newegg just now and just randomly added things to a shopping cart.

i5-4570 + a mobo that I just threw in cause it had the same socket + supported the ram I know (Corsair Vengeance LP) (2x4 8 GB) + BD Drive + SSD (250 GB) + HDD (1TB) + GTX 760 + Windows 7 Pro + a case I like + 750W PSU + CPU cooler = $822

That's just me fuckin around so I'm sure actual people who know what they're doing for the best bang for your buck will tell you much better.

edit: And it's sounding so nice when I look at this cart xD;

4 years ago (I made it to play skyrim).  

This is what I told one of the sales associates at Fry's.

Bad idea.

This is how my build became $1300 (I needed keyboard+mouse and got upsold on the msi z77a-g45 and the i7-3770 thinking I'd futureproof myself and end up LOLNOPE SUCH A FUCKING WASTE)

I need to get a new SSD... mama wants more gigs.  Thanks for the reminder that prices are a lot nicer now then they were when I got mine.  : x

My current SSD was sold to me at the same price the current 250 GB is.

And it's only 126GB or less if it was actually possible. I think only HDDs were 80?

You are of course right. I barely ever watch prices. To be honest I go intel because I know it. I don't know AMD at all.

For reference berrod, I went on newegg just now and just randomly added things to a shopping cart.

i5-4570 + a mobo that I just threw in cause it had the same socket + supported the ram I know (Corsair Vengeance LP) (2x4 8 GB) + BD Drive + SSD (250 GB) + HDD (1TB) + GTX 760 + Windows 7 Pro + a case I like + 750W PSU + CPU cooler = $822

That's just me fuckin around so I'm sure actual people who know what they're doing for the best bang for your buck will tell you much better.

*quietly copy-pastes and saves*

I need to get a new SSD... mama wants more gigs.  Thanks for the reminder that prices are a lot nicer now then they were when I got mine.  : x

My current SSD was sold to me at the same price the current 250 GB is.

And it's only 126GB or less if it was actually possible. I think only HDDs were 80?

My SSD is only like 60 some gigs. . .so yeahhhh.

*quietly copy-pastes and saves*

I only pay attention to what the latest bits and pieces are and what they do when I'm actually putting together a machine. Once that's done, it's like a memory dump. All I can remember at the moment is "more memory = good" and something about most games not needing more than 16 GB of RAM?

I'm sure someone could figure out the best bang for your buck. Like properly research the motherboard for you and what not.

http://imgur.com/a/YPfk4

Keep in mind I know jacksquat about components, best prices, reliability, and compatibility.

For some reason newegg is out of the CPU cooler I ended up liking but whatever I think it's still on amazon. It costs about 856 with the case fans and thermal paste.

QkGecN7.png

61gpGe1.png

Of course some of the choices made are just based on my own preference (lol the case) but it's really negligible.

edit: Oh it's missing some stuff :/ My bad :c

Fuck adding in the HDD and SSD = $1000 T_T I'm sorry berrod I've failed.

(lol the case)

Oy oy oy, proper case is mucho important! It helps define what your machine will look like!

th?id=HN.608026657788333109&pid=15.1&P=0

My machine has this one, but the light is a cool green instead of red. It's real sleek-looking, and I love it. Oh, and it has auto-adjust vents to cool it, which makes this deep whirring sound when they do.

I will give Alienware one thing, their cases are swank as hell.

Pecoros, my custom built machine before this one (which I've tentatively named "Tonberry"), had a see through side that was dominated by a cooling fan and lights along the structural struts. It was quite neat to be able to see inside. The sliding guard over the CD trays was also like one of those old garage doors you slide up and down by hand.

Peco was a good machine. Lasted me... hrm. Got it while in the military so... about ten years? Swapping out parts and such here and there. Finally got put away for Tonberry last year or so.

Guys. Never be the Kage when you have issues with your computer.

A) Troubleshoot.

B) When you decide that you need a new mobo to test if it's a mobo and there's no other mobo to test... don't just go and upgrade (because none of the models at the store you went to didn't have z77 series).

C) Which means also don't buy a new cpu just because the socket's wrong.

D) Don't let them just upsell you because the i5-4670 isn't there that you buy an i5-4690.

E) Don't buy Microsoft because you worry that the OEM you have won't activate and now have to return.

AKA Kage spent $550 buying a new mobo, a new cpu, and Win 7 Pro 64-bit OEM that the latter she has to return. xD;

Pretty much don't be me cause I overspend on my computer.

Yeah, Windows activation is actually pretty laid-back these days, though as your friendly neighborhood Microsoft licensing manager, I feel I ought to point out that OEM and System Builder licenses are not transferrable across PCs -- a PC being defined as the motherboard. Also, technically speaking, OEM and SB licenses for Windows 7 and 8.1 (but not Windows 8) are only to be used on a computer you're going to sell to someone else.

Not that Microsoft particularly enforces these rules, but... there you go. And now you know why activation is required if you swap motherboards. :)

As a side note, a great SSD is the Crucial MX100. They're pretty cheap and blindingly fast. I have a pair of these bad boys (512Gb) in a RAID mirror and they do terrifying things to random reads and writes. :)

Guys. Never be the Kage when you have issues with your computer.

A) Troubleshoot.

B) When you decide that you need a new mobo to test if it's a mobo and there's no other mobo to test... don't just go and upgrade (because none of the models at the store you went to didn't have z77 series).

C) Which means also don't buy a new cpu just because the socket's wrong.

D) Don't let them just upsell you because the i5-4670 isn't there that you buy an i5-4690.

E) Don't buy Microsoft because you worry that the OEM you have won't activate and now have to return.

AKA Kage spent $550 buying a new mobo, a new cpu, and Win 7 Pro 64-bit OEM that the latter she has to return. xD;

Pretty much don't be me cause I overspend on my computer.

lol, I told you to wait on buying another copy of Windows. 

>_> <_ the person who was left unattended in a frys for about minutes and bought gpu to crossfire new psu powre everything.>

Yeah I was worried I needed to get a new one because it was a new motherboard.

Technically the Win7 Ultimate I have on is it the 2nd but it is the newest OS I activated. But I clicked "activate" last night and it was successful so... /shrug

Time to return that one I bought last night xD

My SSD is a 120GB old Samsung EVo thing that I don't even remember what series it is.