The JP fan fest discussion thread~

Merri

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the popularity of Hyur, its worth noting that its easy for them to seem less common than they actually are, simply because of how drastically different their clans are compared to any other option. Highlanders and midlanders basically look like different races, whereas for many of the others, you'll commonly find people who can't tell which is which.

Edit: Oh gosh, it was a while since I had updated this tab. I like bunny suits simply because I like silly hats I can wear outside of their intended outfits.

Very excited by all this news! I'll definitely be trying an alt of the new race with some of the new jobs if I can--and just as interested in finding out about why there's no base class for DRK, AST and MCH. ... Might actually give Kroe a gun. Who knows?

And ALEXANDER. I'm really hoping to get into at least part of this, since there are two modes planned and-- well, our primal total for Heavensward just went up to three.

Collectors Edition contents are neat and I want them, also.

* Baron Helm

* Mammet Kain

* Flying Mount: Griffin

* Physical version gets extra goodies, including a statuette of the story-related dragon mount.

My friend asked me what the collector's edition actually is with regards those rewards..... is it the existing one or a collector's version of the expansion? I'm not very familiar with how these things work so I can't be sure enough to make an educated guess.

My friend asked me what the collector's edition actually is with regards those rewards..... is it the existing one or a collector's version of the expansion? I'm not very familiar with how these things work so I can't be sure enough to make an educated guess.

You'll have to actually buy the Collector's Edition of Heavensward to get these, they won't be bundled in with any existing CEs you have from ARR/1.0.

..... 6 years as a DRK.... my love....

..... A year and a half of mitculosly stating and dropping hints that Erik's dad was a DRK and that whether he liked it or not, he would be too one day......

...... I waited so long...... built a character that from beta was a DRK, fighting the darkness inside...... because I knew.... we all knew..... the darkness would raise sooner or later....

...... But would the wait be worth it?.......

OMFG YES!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

THHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUU!!!!!!!!!

So, bunny suits are a thing, now.

609df523.jpg

425cece4.jpg

34db6f3a.jpg

1cb50ce4.jpg

FFXIV is going full japan mode.

I'm remarkably cool with this. I may not be excited for the new race, dps class, or healing class, but I'm down with this.

There needs to be a male version of this. I need dudes in bunny suits.

..... A year and a half of mitculosly stating and dropping hints that Erik's dad was a DRK and that whether he liked it or not, he would be too one day......

...... I waited so long...... built a character that from beta was a DRK, fighting the darkness inside...... because I knew.... we all knew..... the darkness would raise sooner or later....

Your sig matches this soooooo much.  I approve +10

I wish they had made the female Au Ra more scaly looking and similar to the males! But otherwise, the new race looks very cool. Can't wait to try out the new classes. HEALING CLASS \o/ and finally Aris has a gun class, which fits her perfectly. :P

But I'm sad knowing my connection is going to be truly awful when the expansion is released. :( I don't want to leave Balmung, but I wonder if it will help with lag by moving somewhere else.

ALSO NEW RAID

YAYAY

Darnit, my phone is so fussy about letting me quote! But man, extra goodies for hunting down the CE version physically? Yeeees. The hunt is on (during release that is!) The male Au Ra look fantastic and the females are so lovely. This will be a difficult alt decision. :(

Hmm the male Au Ra reminds me of an Oni in their starting outfit.. they just need a Kanabo.

Also oh gourd the female are cute.. totes making one... or fantasiaing my Doman into one >.> haha probably not but maybe...

Jobs look great too, Astrologian seems to be a bit visually inspired by Time Mages, would be cool if they got a comet spell to offset their healing like how WHM's have Holy.

except we still don't know the lore behind them :P they never said what it is that they are, whether they are disgraced knights from Ishgard (could be a contender) or other such stuff :P for all you know it may not mesh very well with your backstory. 

but on the other hand, it could fit like a glove.

on the subject of the expansion, I would like to say that I called the alexander fight mechanic being going through him. maybe not on here, but definately in a TS call with people xD

cant wait for both machinist and Astrologian, it would be nice to actually embrace Nako's more creative side (minus the use of guns) and a new style of magic for him to learn!

If I were to change my character's race I'd treat her as an entirely different character in the first place. My old character would cease to exist.

Fortunately, I am not really interested in the new race, so this is a non-issue for me. Machinist, on the other hand...

I'm just going to pretend she apprenticed at Garland Ironworks for the past year and some change. No one can tell me otherwise, after all!

Ive said it elsewhere but I don't look forward to the wave of people retconning their characters into overnight genius engineers for machinist

Four years (and so many more IC) of playing a magitek engineer finally pays off in the best of ways. \o/

IMO, I'm actually looking forward to more mechanically inclined characters. I've always felt somewhat lonely on the magitek engineering road. I've only ever ran into a few~

Gives Merri some more people to collaborate with! Or instruct, even.

I should note I meant no disrespect to anyone. Just something I foresee. 

Then again, not like nobody is not gonna want to play with new toys that come out.

I will not touch DRK until I get Clouds Advent Children Fenrir outfit.

Dat one sleeve tho <3

Nah screw dat ill use this on my Rogue!

I was actually planning on sending Jana... Somewhere to learn how Magitek works after leveling my crafting classes. Jana's kinda dumb and thinks she needs to know all the ins and outs of metalworking, alchemy, and arcanima to be able to work with magitek. But in RP,she's become so sidetracked that she's way behind!

At least we should have until... June-ish to get ready for it!