The JP fan fest discussion thread~

Merri

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFDSFGDGDFGHFHG

This is the best thing to wake up to!!!

Everything is so awesome @___@ *Bounces on chair*.

I'm in love with the female Au Ras, they look so fragile. I've been saving a character slot for them and now I'm definitely making one.

I wasn't as fond of the males at first; I'd have liked to see younger boys, just like the girls are. But then I watched the video and suddenly found the males very cool. There's something about them that reminds me of castanics, which a good thing.

Also gunner fdghgfhgfhgfjhgj

Was DX11 mentioned at all? The comparison was supposed to be displayed during this Fanfest.

Anyway, thank you for posting all the info!!

Oh baby that dark knight armor. I thought I was ready to enter the angsty side of tanking with the Divine War set, but that DRK AF(?) is leaps and bounds better looking.

Please no boob window or miniskirt on the female version, SE. Please.

If the female dark knight armor has a boob window, I will flip a table. While I am interested in Astrolgian, I definitely want to make a dark Knight. I already have character ideas that I want to explore. I need to have a dark mysterious lady clad entirely in intimidating armor.

Quoted for emphasis. No boob window on my sexy fem DRK please! >=o

Oh baby that dark knight armor. I thought I was ready to enter the angsty side of tanking with the Divine War set, but that DRK AF(?) is leaps and bounds better looking.

If the female dark knight armor has a boob window, I will flip a table. While I am interested in Astrolgian, I definitely want to make a dark Knight. I already have character ideas that I want to explore. I need to have a dark mysterious lady clad entirely in intimidating armor.

Ahem. None of you get your hopes up. :dodgy:

You know there's going to be a boob window... Why deny it?

Ahem. None of you get your hopes up. :dodgy:

You know there's going to be a boob window... Why deny it?

Yeeeea. I mean, just look at the Dragoon armor on women. I always die a little on the inside when I see it on the ladies. :<

Astrologian will make all them Yu-Gi Oh fans happy.

As for machinist, ehhhh I had hoped for Musketeer till the very end, but I suppose this will do. Long as it gives me single-handed guns and not shotguns. Blue has finally her own class!

And now I need to decide who of my 8 characters gets to ICly die so I can have an Au Ra.

So wait, where's the Cash Shop Only icon that's supposed to pop next to each of these things?

Two things i'm now interested in for when the expansion drops, because I clearly have strange priorities...

Whether the Au ra race is going to be the new Miqo'te. - In the sense that they're everywhere and every other race is a rare sight to find. Looking at you Elezens. It would also be interesting to see whether the game just becomes primarily between those two races or whether the majority of Miqo'te players make the switch.

The state of the DF. - Sure, when DRK was announced a lot of hype went to that but since the announcement of Mechanist? Just going to be interesting to see whether a little re-balancing of those wait times occurs, whether it stays the same as it is now, or whether it somehow manages to get worse.

Hyur are just as popular as miqo'te, in fact they are even more popular.

In relation to everyone who is complaining about Au Ra's differences across gender, consider the point within this post which I found on tumblr:

Ok I can see how a lot of people are upset that the female Au ra are really cute and small for being part dragon but- we have a strong muscle-y female class and literally no one plays them compared to the other races- like I’m looking at the ffxiv census and in both JP and EU/NA data centers Roe usage has actually gone down to 5% in both cases with the lead being Hyur and Miqo at 35%/33% how can people expect SE to make another class like that when no one plays em?

Never would have guessed that Hyur are popular, I have to say. Which i'm going to assume is based on individual server differences since the ones I tend to frequent appear to be incredibly Miqo'te heavy.

Either that or I simply keep missing them due to timezones. Which isn't an impossibility.

My interest still stands though on whether servers are going to be overrun with Au ra upon release.

The dimorphism in the Au Ra, isn't that bad. At least it's not:

http://oi41.tinypic.com/bjhis5.jpg

and

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2010/12/2worgentoo.jpg

In fact, when I first saw the race, I totally fangirled out. I am totally making a female one to turn into a dragoon and/or possibly a dark knight. As for the astrologian, not sure what char I'd make into that. But Mechanist, I am totally gonna make a former Garlean ironworks alt for that!

I can't speak for individual servers, but on both Japanese and the combined populations of North American & European servers, Hyurs are slightly more popular.

Anyways, I only felt obliged to comment because it's one of those things that seem to carry a negative stigma towards miqo'te, much like the misconceptions about Seeker lore; so I wanted to try and dispel that notion a little for anyone that saw your comment. Perhaps some servers do have this large, miqo'te imbalance that hasn't been officially shown on a census, but some people say it about Balmung and I have to say that I never saw a whole lot more miqo'te than any other race, so I find the statement pretty odd... and I honestly swear that at least half of the people whom say such things only copy with the person before them said to be part of a group, haha ;

Anyways, I'm sure you're right. In fact I bet there will seem like a massive influx since it's a single, new race with nothing else to "water" down it's effects for at least a few weeks after release.

I'm just going to say that in the context of this site, fairly certain that only newcomers would read too much into my statement. It's a well established fact that miqo'te are popular and they do seem to attract the most attention due to the 'cat person' stereotype. I think we can all agree that that popularity does make them seem more prevalent than they actually are according to the census.

And while I can understand wanting to dispel a negative idea, sometimes and observation is just an observation. I admittedly haven't been on Balmung for a long while, haven't been on there since Mythology tomes were tossed out in fact, so i'll add that my personal observations come from an obviously different server stand point.

I'm just going to say that in the context of this site, fairly certain that only newcomers would read too much into my statement. It's a well established fact that miqo'te are popular and they do seem to attract the most attention due to the 'cat person' stereotype. I think we can all agree that that popularity does make them seem more prevalent than they actually are according to the census.

And while I can understand wanting to dispel a negative idea, sometimes and observation is just an observation. I admittedly haven't been on Balmung for a long while, haven't been on there since Mythology tomes were tossed out in fact, so i'll add that my personal observations come from an obviously different server stand point.

I didn't suggest that it was your intent.

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of people wanting to try out a new race, and there's nothing wrong with a race being popular amongst players. Maybe frustrating for those trying to find a particular race to RP out a cultural flavor, but there's no reason to look down upon the more popular races.

No one is suggesting that it's wrong for people to try out the new race. 

Wondering whether a lot of them will turn up at once or whether people will stick with what they know is, as I said in my first post, something interesting to look forward to. 

Some people are looking forward to the new jobs, some people are looking forward to the new setting, i'm looking forward to seeing how the popularity of certain races will change.

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of people wanting to try out a new race, and there's nothing wrong with a race being popular amongst players. Maybe frustrating for those trying to find a particular race to RP out a cultural flavor, but there's no reason to look down upon the more popular races.

Exactly, but sometimes I feel that this miqo'te popularity is the reason why people who aren't "fans" of the race make weird and harsh comments about them. Not that I find it personally insulting or anything, but it's one of those stupid things that annoy me for being so arbitrarily... stupid, haha ;   Especially since hyurs don't get any flak despite being more prevalent across all datacentres.

It could be a fair argument to say that I have been reading too much liveletter, stream comments and shout chat debates, ahaha.

Edit:

Foxling wasn't suggesting it was a bad or unusual thing. She was simply wondering if they'd become the new popular race in place of/alongside miqo'te.