Servers

Hi there, First off I would just like to say... *prepares* 

WELCOME!

Now I know Balmung is the most used out of the two on this site, I'm from Balmung myself and can tell you, its great! ^.^

I know there is a spot of trouble with character creating, the server is just too small and can't handle so many amazing people! Q.Q  I might suggest checking: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

This gives updates as to when the servers are locked or unlocked, and is updated a few times a day, try on a time when most people are sleeeeping and dreaming or cupcakes and stuffs...

If you're really too excited about playing and can't wait, then create a character, level it and stuffs, then transfer when it opens! but I can assure you, the wait will be worth it. :3

#LoveRoleplay

#LoveTheLala

Pretty sure it's "it's worth the wait while you play on other servers"

It's honestly my opinion that the server congestion will alleviate back to its 5AM PST open schedule when the holidays are over.

most people are off of work/university at the moment so it means more time for them to play/create characters/etc.

It's honestly my opinion that the server congestion will alleviate back to its 5AM PST open schedule when the holidays are over.

That ship sailed even prior to the Holidays. Ever since 2.4 hit I don't think I've seen a single moment where Balmung was open except right after Maintenance.

I just find it funny they lock down the server even if you already have a character there.

Yeah, Balmung and Gilgamesh (don't count us out, too!) are two of the hardest servers to land in. Just make sure you have your character details saved and try early in the morning. I managed to get my alt in at about 2am or so PST.