It Came From Beyond The Login Button

Flakskader

Greetings & Salutations Hydaelyns and Hydaelynettes!

I'm pleased to finally be making this introduction post. I'll admit, being the self-concious worrywort that I am, I was going to make sure I finished my full character profile before I even thought of looking here.

So, me! Who am I? Flakskader, you can call me Flaks. I've been roleplaying for as long as I've been clicking no things that need to die on the computer screen. I remember starting off about...ten years ago? I've been trying to get a little better every day (Still need to work on that spelling!) and aiming to focus on creating stories and characters that others would both enjoy interacting with, would let me let loose some of my creativity and be a general boon to the roleplay of others. I aim to please! I've been roleplaying on most any game I go to so long as there's a community, be it World of Warcraft, Wildstar, TERA, The Secret World, Star Trek Online or City of Heroes (RIP).

I'm brand spanking new to FFXIV and I'll be honest - still immersing myself in the lore and the world around me alongside the gameplay. But I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. I'm actually loving what I see thus far -and for the first time in a while I'm actually very excited to get into a new community.

I sadly do not get all the time in the world to play these days because of work, however I thankfully have a calm enough job to interact on the forums during the quiet hours, so I'll likely be here quite a bit. As of right now I'm still seeking out my first roleplay, fingers crossed.

If you ever wish to interact with me, by all means! Feel free to send me a message either here or on my characters, I'll likely be on my main Shashato Shato or alternatively Saza Sinoh.  I play on the Balmung server, so all of my fellow...Mung...ians? I'll see you all out there!

I'm typically very open to being spoken to or just plain hanging out so by all means, don't worry! Unless my house has been set on fire and I'm eating beans out of the can, I'll likely be 100% in the mood to talk it up. I tend to be very chatty.

Much Greetings - So Greatful,

J~

Welcome to the RPC, and glad to have you here!

As you get more immersed in the game, does hesitate to ever ask us for either lore clarification/interpretation, gameplay advice/mechanics, or anything else!

We're here to welcome and help in our own ways too.

With that said, CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT TO BALMUNG! ...that had to have been hard to do, since our lovely server is near full-cpacity almost all the time these days.

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title: "THE SIGNAL'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE RPC!"

Either way, welcome to FFXIV and the RP of Balmung! If you have any questions, feel free to ask us or skim through the forums in search of answers! I'd even recommend checking some of the other new arrival threads since a few of them have our fellow posters posting some nifty little things to remember - such as using /em for custom emotes!

And do were actually have a proper term for Balmung players? 'mungoleans? 'mungaloids? Balmers? :?

*Femme Roe crushhugs the new Balmungian*

That's how I've always assumed it to be.

ANYWAY! Welcome to the RPC. Stand in the glorious light of open RP, both here in forum and in game. And should you want more Roe luvin', feel free to give Steel a poke. I generally am stumbling about doing dungeon things starting at around 6-7pm EST.

Welcome!

There's so much lore in everything, it's honestly pretty great. I hope you continue to like the game, and find that RP you're looking for.

Speaking of, I'd be glad to play with you sometime, if we should be able to catch each other with our schedules. I looked at Shashato's wiki, and oh my gods, she seems like a fun character. And a fellow nerd! Should you ever wish to throw her at another nerd (and quite possibly one that could make her a custom book or two for her findings) I'd be happy to see what would come of her meeting my duskwight scribe / bookbinder / tome mender, mage, and awkward nocturnal knowledge lover, Xavarian Mystrife. ... I don't even know if they'd get along, but it would be pretty interesting to see the contrast between one who's nervous, tall, and softspoken being lectured at by a confident, short, loud 'scholar'.

Welcome to the RPC, and glad to have you here!

As you get more immersed in the game, does hesitate to ever ask us for either lore clarification/interpretation, gameplay advice/mechanics, or anything else!

We're here to welcome and help in our own ways too.

With that said, CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT TO BALMUNG! ...that had to have been hard to do, since our lovely server is near full-cpacity almost all the time these days.

Oho, it was not easy. Trust me, I stayed up day and night attempting to get on (I'd made a character there previously but I was desperate to get my main onto there.) and finally I just gave up and scrounged together the cash for a server transfer.

I know, I'm crazy. But I had to do it. Still, I'm glad to hear you say that! Good to have help around.

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title: "THE SIGNAL'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE RPC!"

Either way, welcome to FFXIV and the RP of Balmung! If you have any questions, feel free to ask us or skim through the forums in search of answers! I'd even recommend checking some of the other new arrival threads since a few of them have our fellow posters posting some nifty little things to remember - such as using /em for custom emotes!

And do were actually have a proper term for Balmung players? 'mungoleans? 'mungaloids? Balmers? :?

I'll be sure to shower you all with questions and/or not be lazy and look it up myself! I've actually been looking through some of the other threads, both out of being stumped on what to say and because I'm curious to see how others are greeted. Either way, thanks!

I believe the proper term might be Balmungalorians.

*Femme Roe crushhugs the new Balmungian*

That's how I've always assumed it to be.

ANYWAY!  Welcome to the RPC.  Stand in the glorious light of open RP, both here in forum and in game.  And should you want more Roe luvin', feel free to give Steel a poke.  I generally am stumbling about doing dungeon things starting at around 6-7pm EST.

You are my favorite sort of person. Once I have all of my bones restructured and my organs put back into place, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you!

Welcome!

There's so much lore in everything, it's honestly pretty great.  I hope you continue to like the game, and find that RP you're looking for.

Speaking of, I'd be glad to play with you sometime, if we should be able to catch each other with our schedules.  I looked at Shashato's wiki, and oh my gods, she seems like a fun character.  And a fellow nerd!  Should you ever wish to throw her at another nerd (and quite possibly one that could make her a custom book or two for her findings) I'd be happy to see what would come of her meeting my duskwight scribe / bookbinder / tome mender, mage, and awkward nocturnal knowledge lover, Xavarian Mystrife.  ... I don't even know if they'd get along, but it would be pretty interesting to see the contrast between one who's nervous, tall, and softspoken being lectured at by a confident, short, loud 'scholar'.

And finally you. Two nerds colliding could be more devastating then a bajillion (real number thar) Bahamuts! I'm usually on from around an hour before now to...6 hours later during the weekdays and almost day during the weekend. So feel free to poke me! I'll be keeping an eye out for you.

Can we call ourselves Balz' for short? I really just want an excuse to step into a thread and just be all

YO WHERE MUH BALZ AT?

because they frown on that sort of thing in public.

That really was...

Balz to the wall kookie.

And a very Balzy move.

The world needs people to testes the boundaries.

There is a pungus Balmungus.