The bored at work thread

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My department is being restructured so the remote support team is a separate entity from the local desktop support team. That means we get a new supervisor. Our new supervisor comes into the office today when it's just me and my coworker, sits down, looks at us and says,

"How would you guys feel about getting an Xbox One in here?"

I love restructuring. I want to eternally bond with it.

My department is being restructured so the remote support team is a separate entity from the local desktop support team. That means we get a new supervisor. Our new supervisor comes into the office today when it's just me and my coworker, sits down, looks at us and says,

"How would you guys feel about getting an Xbox One in here?"

I love restructuring. I want to eternally bond with it.

I WANT YOUR SUPERVISOR. lol

Snow makes people crazy, I swear. Today's already looking promising. 

10:17am. We've had the doors open since 9:58am. Someone calls all snippy at me "What time did y'all open? I was sitting right outside on the bench staring at the locked doors until 15 after and went home." "...That was two minutes ago, sir. And I've been staring at the open door right in front of me for 17 minutes." "NO YOU WERE CLOSED. I WAS -THERE-."

Yeah. Dealing with angry people who don't cancel their appointment and complain when they get a no show letter. The excuse right now is about how cold it is and why we shouldn't be open.

My bad for being a hospital with services to help people during all times of the year! But thank goodness it is Friday!

My bad for being a hospital with services to help people during all times of the year! But thank goodness it is Friday!

... Why would a hospital be closed just because it's cold? Seriously. Medical situations will happen regardless of temperature (and a few complications occur DUE to temperature!). Hospitals are one of those places on my list of places that should be open as much as possible, along with the Fire Department and the Police Office.

... Why would a hospital be closed just because it's cold? Seriously. Medical situations will happen regardless of temperature (and a few complications occur DUE to temperature!). Hospitals are one of those places on my list of places that should be open as much as possible, along with the Fire Department and the Police Office.

Exactly. Wouldn't you want us opened? Just because it is negative 15 out doesn't mean we should close all group offices because you didn't care to call

I am all in my feels right now.

I was sitting at my desk when one of my students comes up to ask me a question. Somehow, another student starts calling to her across the room, and it is made known that said student isn't wearing underwear under her leggings. The only thing she said to me was, "Please don't tell my mom."

I swear, I can't make this shit up.

I spent all of the first half of work today tidying and writing up a capper piece for a closed RP about Chachan. I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. It's nice to have it all done, but at the same time... I feel kinda bad for doing it on the clock.

... I suppose I'll just have to work extra-hard on the new testing assignment that got handed to me last week. I just need to get ahold of the person who was going to explain to me how the application is supposed to work (so I can try to make it not do that!). Asked right away but she was busy and then... stuff came up for the OTHER project and, well...

I need to get back with her on it, is all. :blush:

I spent all of the first half of work today tidying and writing up a capper piece for a closed RP about Chachan. I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it. It's nice to have it all done, but at the same time... I feel kinda bad for doing it on the clock.

... I suppose I'll just have to work extra-hard on the new testing assignment that got handed to me last week. I just need to get ahold of the person who was going to explain to me how the application is supposed to work (so I can try to make it not do that!). Asked right away but she was busy and then... stuff came up for the OTHER project and, well...

Here's an easy way to make sure it doesn't work!

laptop-exploding-battery-fire.jpg

Sssssssomehow I don't think they'll let me get away with doing that to government machines. :lol:

Sssssssomehow I don't think they'll let me get away with doing that to government machines. :lol:

They don't allow for overclocking? (only half-joking)

Is it another Visual Basic project? x_x

Dunno! Probably. They're actually having me doing PROPER bug testing this time - go through the application on the staging server, write down bugs, they fix them. No digging through the code to find the answers FOR them like the last one.

Dunno! Probably. They're actually having me doing PROPER bug testing this time - go through the application on the staging server, write down bugs, they fix them. No digging through the code to find the answers FOR them like the last one.

*Hands over a little object with "null" written on it* ...when all else fails, point to this.

Have fun testing!

(Meanwhile, I have printers exploding in the background and ticket scanners to update/ship. nofun.jpg)

That nerdy moment your pregnant wife texts you at work asking "Got Dots" hinting that she wants some (it's candy, for those who don't know) And you reply no, "I'm not a Warlock".......

Even funnier when she is not a gamer and has no idea what you are talking about

#gamerinsidejoke

That nerdy moment your pregnant wife texts you at work asking "Got Dots" hinting that she wants some (it's candy, for those who don't know) And you reply no, "I'm not a Warlock".......

#gamerinsidejoke

I was just getting ready to post something like that. Alot of the girls in the office I was at are gamers. Most play COD though - and obviously have anger issues (its hilarious). ANYWAY! My back was hurting so I started to do a few stretches out on the floor. One of the girls asked what I was doing.

"Carrying all the damn noobs in this office."

Next thing I heard was "SNAP! SHE GOT YOU!" in the background from the office manager who plays WoW xD

AND this is why it is my favorite office.

#gamerinsidejoke

Just busted out laughing at work because now all I can think about it this:

Warning language and stuff. 

0yKqKg6DfTY

So, the go-live date for that first application didn't happen due to snow and ice and such. So now plans are in the works to reschedule, possibly after normal work hours instead of taking up a weekend. Which is all well and good, but...

First thought was "please don't let it be this evening, I gotta see the Saucer!" Second was debating whether to ask if the staying late could be balanced out by coming in late (contract worker with no actual OT recompense, as far as I know) so I can knock out my usual evening nerd stuff in the morning.

... I'm a horrible employee. :(

Ten minutes after the office opens. First phone call of the day. "Good morning! Can I help you?" I say cheerily. Without skipping a breath, the person in the other end - obviously irate - states very angrily: "Yeah. I've got a problem."

You know how sometimes, there's just something that tells you "Today will test your ability to withstand the public."? Some kind of odd customer service premonition?

It has not disappointed.