Character relationship status with Gifs

Aoi Fukiku

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...much...anime >_>

Are you really surprised considering XIV's country of origin and aesthetic appeal?

There are actually very few moments in XIV that have an aesthetic that strikes me as being very anime-like, most of the game plays out more like a political drama (which tends to be more western) with brief moments of generic action that could easily be from a western or eastern inspiration. The only scene that comes to mind as being very anime-like was when you defeat Lahabrea and all your friends appear behind you at the last moment to give you their strength. I don't think you can get more anime than that scene without actually being an anime.

so...much...anime >_>

Are you really surprised considering XIV's country of origin and aesthetic appeal?

There are actually very few moments in XIV that have an aesthetic that strikes me as being very anime-like, most of the game plays out more like a political drama (which tends to be more western) with brief moments of generic action that could easily be from a western or eastern inspiration. The only scene that comes to mind as being very anime-like was when you defeat Lahabrea and all your friends appear behind you at the last moment to give you their strength. I don't think you can get more anime than that scene without actually being an anime.

What you're talking about isn't "anime-like" it's camp. Camp can be found in anything and is not a trait inherent to anime.

There are plenty of serious, politically charged anime out there that have zero camp in them whatsoever, they're just on the edge in the current zeitgeist of anime production.

And you're wrong about XIV not being anime in aesthetic, it's extremely anime in aesthetic. The style is a unique one thanks to the greatness that is Akihiko Yoshida, but it's still very anime.

so...much...anime >_>

What you're talking about isn't "anime-like" it's camp. Camp can be found in anything and is not a trait inherent to anime.

There are plenty of serious, politically charged anime out there that have zero camp in them whatsoever, they're just on the edge in the current zeitgeist of anime production.

And you're wrong about XIV not being anime in aesthetic, it's extremely anime in aesthetic. The style is a unique one thanks to the greatness that is Akihiko Yoshida, but it's still very anime.

I've never heard the term "camp" before so I guess I'll have to take your word on it and assume it means something, not actually sure what you're referring to as being "camp" though. AS far as the aesthetics of the game, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I definitely don't get an anime vibe from most of the game with a few exceptions.

so...much...anime >_>

I've never heard the term "camp" before so I guess I'll have to take your word on it and assume it means something, not actually sure what you're referring to as being "camp" though. AS far as the aesthetics of the game, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I definitely don't get an anime vibe from most of the game with a few exceptions.

Please do not derail the thread.

Okay guys.

Your discussion of camp and the presence of anime in FFXIV is completely off-subject in a thread about describing character relationships with silly gifs. I'm not saying it's not a topic worth discussing, but it is not a topic worth discussing here. Please take it to another thread, if you must.

I understand I'm no moderator, but I'm fairly certain my argument is legit.

Let's stay focused, people. Back on track.

[align=center]So, Xheja's acquired a shiny new hyur plaything.[/align]

[align=center]474x200http://i.imgur.com/5ZeyBDS.gif[/img][/align]

[align=center]It's practically perfect, because for Xheja, the best relationship is when there's no relationship![/align]

[align=center](Also, come on, this gif was bound to show up here at some point, amirite?)[/align]

[align=center]Edit: Bonus! Found a gif to perfectly explain N'hadiya's entire love life.[/align]

[align=center]474x200http://i.imgur.com/13pvZCV.gif[/img]

[/align]

Given Constantine isn't the peachiest of guys..and that what he does puts people off alot (and through alot), it can be summed up by;

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

For standard; If someone catches his interest it goes;

giphy.gif

Followed eventually by this;

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And in some rare circumstances.. If they end up close to him and fitting;

Relationship-gif.gif

Relationship-gifs1.gif

The vast majority of Sylas' relationships:

tumblr_neufhpdZ4s1rbh1bzo2_500.gif

Sylas and Lafi meeting:

NsST3.gif

Dealing with the inevitable litter of kittens:

2.gif

Nigel's a little more, uh. Well. I'll let the gifs speak for themselves.

Falling for someone (IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CORNY, ALRIGHT? GEEZ):

tumblr_nbucb6xaE91tgfh6bo1_500.gif

Aaaaand if he ever has someone:

tumblr_lr5zwuUU841qcddlw.gif