The Summit of Free Companies (Location Set)

Freelance Wizard for Summit Speaker?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Freelance Wizard for Summit Speaker?

• Yay
    • Nay

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jutat De- Alothia Starkwood and guest

I'm not sure who else would come. The other two leaders are usually not online until quite late at night, so I might bring another member.

And I doubt that we count as a "major" player, but I'd still like to be involved.

I'll represent HoD if I'm free for the announced time (I should be if it's an evening Thurs - Sun). I'll be bringing my plus one for sure, though I'll have no idea who it will be until a time is named. :D

I, Sami Rykara, of Dragon Army will be happy to attend with a plus one of either Lillith Cale or Meta Xi.

I have been wanting to get our name out into the RP community for sometime now and this feels like the perfect way to do it. I'm available every night as I am in the eastern standard time.

Depending on the date/time, I'm sure we at Crystalline will get one or two people there. I just hope chaos can be kept at a low. I get a headache with lots of text flying. @_@

Alternative: Skype?

I am pretty sure by the level of interest, that in game is the best. I will add your company to the list.

So I have began the search for a Speaker of the Summit. I would like to hear some nominations from the floor. I will seek out these stated people as well as a few I have in mind as well. Once some suitable candidates are gathered I will create a poll with 3-5 of the best candidates.

Please understand this is not the voting event at this time, this is a nominating process. I shall write up some parliamentary procedure notes for whoever the Speaker shall be. Also not that due to the nature of the event, the person must be well known in the community, have a reputation for honesty and fairness, and must be able to absorb and understand the parliamentary process or they will have no hope of controlling the chaos. So please do not just nominate friends, please put some honest thought into it and help me find wise people.

It should go without saying if the one chosen is a leader or part of a given free company, that they will have to act without favoritism. A heavy burden as such a position would make them the object of both their fc and the community at larges judgment.

I would suggest something that a chunk of the GW2 community did whilst I was there ever so briefly, which was to stream their FC lead meetings. These were done on voice, but there shouldn't be much difference in simply streaming with the chatbox blown up to it's full size. That way people who for one reason or the other can't be there in person can watch what is going on - and it'd be an easy way to show the intentions of the event. It would also allow the whole thing to be re-watched at a later date (all depending on if the streaming service allows saving of the video?)

On the flipside, streaming also does mean that some might have to think more about what they're saying (Or the way it is put, cause nerdy guild-leader talk) which I don't know if people would want. 

If desired and if the time/date fits with me, I could dust off my streaming software - I imagine anyone streaming might want to turn on busy or tailor a chat-window so random /tells don't get streamed. 

Anyways. I just figured I'd bring it up as an option/thing to consider.