Heavensward race change poll 2.0

Will you RP an Au Ra?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Will you RP an Au Ra?

• Yes, I will be changing my main character into an Au Ra - whether by retcon, magical in character transformation, or death/MIA of my existing main.
    • Yes, I will be creating an Au Ra alt.
    • No, I will not be role playing an Au Ra.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(My avatar and signature don't help...>>; )

But considering when I started playing FFXIV, I was wanting to play an Au Ra then for my main, RP or not. (...I blame my friend for showing them to be before they were released...o-o) Thankfully, since I just started RPing, there shouldn't be too many issues for me. And the one person in my FC and I are already figured out how we are retconning my racial change.

But that mention of the magical girl transformation made me laugh so hard. : P

I feel like to be informative this should really have been a simpler question:

Do you plan to play an Au Ra as your main RP character?

Yes

No

But maybe that's just me :)

I'm curious how many intend to roll alts vs. RP them as their main.

I guess I'm not, I assume the majority of players will give the race a try as an alt! :)

I'll be fantasiaing an alt. Langli was my Miqote alt in 1.0 and I actually haven't touched her in 2.0, I kept telling people I was waiting for whatever the new race was, I didn't even care I just didn't want to play a Miqote in 2.0. Then the Au Ra showed up so that's what she's being! Was kind of a gamble xD

I'll have a semi-part time alt. My main focus is my main Gin. I like my human. :3 

Au Ra overall dont interest me too much but I like the Xaela lore. I just cant wait for people to ignore it all, like keeper lore. Yay, super social close knit-race of warring people will be super social and coming into super social conditions all the time.

Au Ra overall dont interest me too much but I like the Xaela lore. I just cant wait for people to ignore it all, like keeper lore. Yay, super social close knit-race of warring people will be super social and coming into super social conditions all the time.

This. What I fear is, with the large influx of Au Ra, many will somehow find their way to the Quicksand and be all "'Sup" as though they'd always been there and no actual change had even been made in the society.

This. What I fear is, with the large influx of Au Ra, many will somehow find their way to the Quicksand and be all "'Sup" as though they'd always been there and no actual change had even been made in the society.

Like what they did with Miqo'te? All of a sudden. All the tribes are in Ul'dah for some reason or another. (Despite the fact most of them are situated in Limsa or the Shroud)

Like what they did with Miqo'te? All of a sudden. All the tribes are in Ul'dah for some reason or another. (Despite the fact most of them are situated in Limsa or the Shroud)

I think the case for this is because that's where the current centeral hub is for RP. Regardless if a lot of the miqo'te are born in Limsa/Shroud, etc. People will, in general play to the cliche to fit in. I expect that from the au ra as well, but eh... For the most part I don't pay it attention as a miqo'te player myself.

I always wondered how much of that was the U's fault, since we don't really meet them for a while. Or people just like deserts? Or were thinking lions and savannahs?

It makes me sad that I've seen like fifty R' players but they're all from the desert. I'm the only one from Limsa.

It makes me sad that I've seen like fifty R' players but they're all from the desert. I'm the only one from Limsa.

;-; all the R' npc's are only found in Limsa too.

I feel your pain. I used to roleplay a traditional keeper. I kind of gave up on that after every kid and their dog was a city cat.

I'm done with alts I think. At least for now. I've had a hard time leveling them. There's too much stuff that needs to be unlocked just to be able to do certain things. I was hoping they would soften some of the requirements for particular features. (Such as not needing to complete the main quest to do Heavensward stuff)

If I ever pick up my alts again maybe I might consider making my highlander an Au Ra. Highlanders are just a touch too human for me to really enjoy them. Understandable because that's what they are.

I always wondered how much of that was the U's fault, since we don't really meet them for a while. Or people just like deserts? Or were thinking lions and savannahs?

I think actually (this is a little off topic since this is about the race poll but yeah anyway-) it's the fact that you see and hear more of it from the lore perspective. I know Ul'dah has the entire tribe village and what not. And honestly? When I first started playing almost immediately everyone was from Ul'dah's surrounding area. I think that it probably came from the beginning lore finds.