"Air-Biker" Gang

Would you like to see groups of people flying around IC?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see groups of people flying around IC?

• Yes, but not with potential fighting.
    • Yes and I want to make my FF/Top Gun Crossover Fic happen IC!

EDIT TO ADD:  It's a bit of a shame I had crafted this character well before arriving to Balmung or visiting the RPC.  I would have adored Steel as a sky privateer or a nautical/military sort of character.

...ah, what could have been....*sparkle sparkle*

She could end up that way, though! Once she picks up her greatsword, she could go flying around on airships to deal with air pirates or something. Possibly being originally hired and then eventually enlisted with some military to do so (or just hang with Dogberry's crew!). It's all in how you work it.

I'm backing Chachi and Dog on this one, Steel - you've suggested that you've not known what to do with your Roegadyn Hotness for a while. Why NOT jump on something that you find inspiring? Why can't Steel Wolf find what's missing in her life by taking to the skies?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT TO ADD:  It's a bit of a shame I had crafted this character well before arriving to Balmung or visiting the RPC.  I would have adored Steel as a sky privateer or a nautical/military sort of character.

She could end up that way, though! Once she picks up her greatsword, she could go flying around on airships to deal with air pirates or something. Possibly being originally hired and then eventually enlisted with some military to do so (or just hang with Dogberry's crew!). It's all in how you work it.

I'm backing Chachi and Dog on this one, Steel - you've suggested that you've not known what to do with your Roegadyn Hotness for a while. Why NOT jump on something that you find inspiring? Why can't Steel Wolf find what's missing in her life by taking to the skies?

Going to throw in on this as well. Steel's in a place to make lots of choices/changes in her life, all things considered. Besides...I could totally see Steel leaping off a flying mount to axe some dragon. 8-)

Going to throw in on this as well. Steel's in a place to make lots of choices/changes in her life, all things considered. Besides...I could totally see Steel leaping off a flying mount to axe some dragon. 8-)

OMG Yesss! Wolf, pls. Come fly the unfriendly skies! Hahahaha! Spin it! Let's begin! Friends for life through thick and thin!

Oh-ee-ey! Oh-ee-oh!

Giving this a +1. If you want to take your character in a particular direction, there's usually a way to do it. You just need to get creative.

Aeon will begin IC construction on their airship soon. We could give Steel a taste for air travel that way, if you wanted.

As an honest to god aviation enthusiast, who still has childish dreams of being a fighter pilot, I have only one thing to say.

LET'S KICK THE TIRES AND LIGHT THE FIRES I'LL SEE YOU ON THE HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

Dogberry basically literally took the very thought from my head. I have more thoughts to make but they require videos/gifs so it'll have to wait until after work when I'm using a real internet and not a 3DS.

Giving this a +1. If you want to take your character in a particular direction, there's usually a way to do it. You just need to get creative.

Aeon will begin IC construction on their airship soon. We could give Steel a taste for air travel that way, if you wanted.

...well DUH now it DOES make sense. Dunno why I didn't think about this before, it's so patently freaking obvious.

Bryn? Dog? Let's do it. >:D

If my majestic Lulu (Fat Chocobo) can not fly, I will need time to reconsider the meaning of life itself.

Worry not...your Lulufats will be able to fly using the power of cakewant.

If that's the case then hell, maybe I'll be able to fly too. I do want me some cake.

Or, what if she eats plants from Ishgard that contain a bacteria that will continually produce helium inside her stomach and becomes... a Chocobo Blimp! Great Deity Dozen, stop the presses for I believe I've solved the mystery of their flight!

Or, what if she eats plants from Ishgard that contain a bacteria that will continually produce helium inside her stomach and becomes... a Chocobo Blimp! Great Deity Dozen, stop the presses for I believe I've solved the mystery of their flight!

We must needs take care to remain mindful of the lessons of the Hindenbird.

While I don't think that personal airships in the setting will be cheap to the point where any Joe could just get himself one and zoom around in the air, I do believe that Eorzea is on the brink of a technological revolution (Although they are kinda behind).

I think that if an "Air Top Gun Faction Sky Pirate Steampunk Possie" were to form, it would probably be groups of early adapters. The majority of flying mounts are still animals, and personal airships are probably gonna be expensive.

But don't mind me. I could be wrong as hell. But I think going from a medieval-like society to Last Exile society takes some time. I guess we will see. Unlike how the Ironworks were portrayed in game, Skysteel Industries seems hell bent to change things on every level of society, not just the tech heads.

I for one welcome our Airship overlords at the end of the day. I just hope they explain it in a different way than "And then suddenly tech happened!". I'll just interpret it as declassification if that happens.

As to my earlier thoughts now that I have a youtube, I like to imagine the airships less random biker gang and more like this:

That said, when I think about it, it's actually closer to feasible with existing tech in Eorzea to make this than it is to make this, much to my regret, or even this. Consider:

Given the size of Cid's Enterprise and the airships shown briefly in the opening Heavensward video--which I assume to be single-man models--they're already approximately the size of an X-wing, and therefore would have the space to mount a shielding device ala the type used to not get murdered by Middy in Keeper. From that very same dungeon, Garlean airships seem to have some sort of semi-guided laser-type weapon.

While I don't think that personal airships in the setting will be cheap to the point where any Joe could just get himself one and zoom around in the air, I do believe that Eorzea is on the brink of a technological revolution (Although they are kinda behind).

I think that if an "Air Top Gun Faction Sky Pirate Steampunk Possie" were to form, it would probably be groups of early adapters. The majority of flying mounts are still animals, and personal airships are probably gonna be expensive.

But don't mind me. I could be wrong as hell. But I think going from a medieval-like society to Last Exile society takes some time. I guess we will see. Unlike how the Ironworks were portrayed in game, Skysteel Industries seems hell bent to change things on every level of society, not just the tech heads.

I for one welcome our Airship overlords at the end of the day. I just hope they explain it in a different way than "And then suddenly tech happened!". I'll just interpret it as declassification if that happens.

Airships have been around for a while now, they're just not totally public use due to the Garlean invasion. In short, we're already there but limited by war. Ishgard as well would have it more due to the fact of "dragons are bad but we need flying things to get around".