New Interim Admin

All,

A few weeks ago I said I was stepping down as admin of the RPC. After intensive discussions with the mod team, we've decided that Melkire will take the role of interim admin until a final decision is made regarding the position generally. Naturally, one of the concerns is that the singular admin position is a pretty tough role for a person to hold, and burnout is a major issue. Try not to be too mean to him while he has the admin hat. :)

So, for anything involving the appeal of warnings or bans, mod actions, post or account moves/deletions/etc., or general administrative things, when you'd contact me, contact one of the mod staff or Melkire instead. I'll be changing the user groups around in the next day or two (there's some PHP stuff I have to do to make that work, as it turns out :) ) so that he gets the fancy purple name and I don't. Technical requests should also go through the mod staff, who will pass them on to me if necessary -- though if something is offline, you can poke me directly here or in game. Anything related to Patreon or patron stuff should come directly to me for the time being, since I'm still paying the hosting bills.

Again, I appreciate being given the opportunity to serve as your admin. My goal was to serve and help keep the RPC a fun and nice place, and I hope you all feel that I was able to do that, despite my occasional missteps.

*hangs up the hat*

I...just... you have my complete respect, man. And sads. Lots of sads.

But hey, cheers to Melkire for being willing to be the interim! You guys do your best, and I have always, always appreciated the effort and careful maneuvering that is so difficult to do for large communities.

We love you Freelance you've been so awesome for this community. You will be missed but I do look forward to seeing you around!

Welcome Melkire! Hope your time as an interm admin will be wonderful to you.

Thank you so much for everything you've done, are doing, and will do for the community here, Wiz. :love:

Now...

*slams faceplate down and raises riot shield*

...come at me, y'all. :tonberry:

Thank you Freelance! You've done a great job while I've been here and I appreciate you and your hard work. <3

Thank you so much for everything you've done, are doing, and will do for the community here, Wiz. :love:

Now...

You.

*throws a lalafell at*

Now...

Is that a challenge, Osric?

Because if it is, you'll have to work for your steak.

Thank you Freelance, for all you have done, and all that you will continue to do on the technical side of things still!

And welcome Melkire! Good luck! I don't doubt you already know what to expect from the job.

-hands him the buck-

-not the bat-