Your Character as a Drink!

Gegenji

Gegenji throwing out another thought project like it ain't no thang.

This is actually borne from something that happened a while ago in RP - after Chachan got his one Grindstone win, Aya added a drink to the Quicksand menu known as a "Champion Chachan" - a mix of fruit juices and sweetwater. Bubbly, fizzy, tasty, and with just a bit of tartness.

Which has me thinking - if a drink was made to represent your own character, what would it be? Would it be like something already existing either in-game or the real world, or would it be some combination of ingredients that all match their personality and/or livelihood? Would it have a special name like the Champion Chachan? And - as a fun little added bit - would your character actually drink it?

Chachan already has the Champion Chachan - though I could also attribute real-world fruity sodas like Fanta to him as well. He doesn't partake of alcohol, and loves fruity flavors, so it should come as no surprise that he could and does enjoy his namesake drink whenever he swings by the Quicksand.

Gogon, on the other hand, I see having something more... elitist, given his ego. Something bitter, likely, with a degree of required taste to it - and likely alcoholic. Perhaps a manner of strong, bitter red wine, though my knowledge of alcoholic drinks is rather limited. A quick Google search gives me such things as Cabernet Sauvignon and Amerone as potential options for that, so I'll roll with it. Given his history, I'd probably call it Khamja Crimson or something like that, and he would likely drink it as well - though likely not in the amounts Chachan would enjoy his Champions.

Judge, obviously, would require a drink that is very exacting and specific. In a forum RP, I presented that by making him demand a perfect 2:1 ratio Martini, and that would likely be what his "named" drink would be as well. That or a Manhattan, which is very old-timey from what I'm seeing (given Judge's advanced age) and has a bunch of stuff in it that people all want in differing amounts. It would likely end up being named by someone else - who would likely call it a Yellow Card or something to be witty. Judge would likely drink it anyway, provided that it was made to his exacting specifications.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hammer would be Scumble, from Discworld (He actually carries a severely distilled deadly kind of Applejack in a flask with him, that is pretty much this!)

From Mort

"A lot of stories are told about scumble, and how it is made out on the damp marshes, according to ancient recipes passed down rather unsteadily from father to son. It's not true about the rats, or the snakes' heads, or the lead shot. The one about the dead sheep is a complete fabrication. We can lay to rest all the variants of the one about the trouser button. But the one about not letting it come into contact with metal is absolutely true..."

I like to brew, so I actually think about stuff like this a lot. What kind of beer I'd name after my characters. Dogberry would be a robust kind of beer, something with a large malt profile, but something your average drinker can enjoy. Probably a stout. I could see the recipe going something like this.

Malt

8 lbs 8.0 oz - Pale Malt (2 Row)

1 lbs - Black Barley (Stout)

12.0 oz - Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L

12.0 oz - Chocolate Malt

1 lbs 14.0 oz - LME Golden Light (Briess)

Hops

0.5 oz - Nugget - Boil 60 min

1.0 oz - Centennial - Boil 30 min

1.0 oz - Fuggle - Boil 15 min

Yeast

1 pkgs - Irish Ale Yeast (White Labs #WLP004)

For Iskierka, I can see her being something a little bit on the off-putting side for some, but an acquired taste that you like once you get used to it. A sour ale, I'm thinking a Flanders Red.

Malt

11 lbs 12.0 oz - Pale Malt (2 Row)

2 lbs 4.0 oz - Caramel/Crystal Malt - 75L

8.0 oz - Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L

Hops

1.0 oz - Cascade [5.5%] - Boil 60 min

1.00 - Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15 min)

Yeast

1 pkgs - Abbey Ale (White Labs #WLP530) (Yeast)

1 pkgs - Roselare Belgian Blend (Wyeast Labs #3763)

These are some recipes I found that fit what I imagine would suit my characters. I might make these someday, probably adapting as I see fit.

I once jokingly asked for Aya's Secret Dauntless Code Name to be "Whiskey Sour."  Sadly I failed in my effort to get everyone drink-based code names, but I tried! ^_^

Whisky-sour.jpg

[A real whiskey sour of course~~!!! Simple Syrup, Lemon Juice, and Whiskey! No Sour Mix allowed ^_^]

Easy. You know the phrase "You are what you eat"?

6a00e553b3da2088340148c7c3e3ed970c-320wi

C'kayah would be fortified wine.

That actually looks like my favorite cocktail... which is Dubonnet (fortified wine) and Gin.

51UsUIOl.jpg

I read about it in a Biography of the Queen.

[align=center]Yuka would be a Hot Apple Cider Toddy made with apple cider, whiskey,

honey, cloves, cinnamon, lemon, and a dash of ground nutmeg!

cac0816f02.png

Subtly sweet and fruity, without being overbearing. Warm and comforting. Plenty of natural flavors and dried spices.

And perhaps even a bit stronger than you might imagine at first glance.[/align]

Wonderdul thread!

I'd say Rochester would be a nice glass of Pinot Noir, which is a red wine. This wine is particularily sweet and rich. A drink both classical and classy, but a taste many have to grow into. Perhaps with a hint of spice.

Catch her in a bad mood and she'll be shitty vodka with gasoline and hints of bitter lemon seeds, lmao.

So I've been giving this WAY more thought than I probably should have, but I think I may have come up with a beverage for Steel.

I've been pretty enamored with the new skill I recently picked up for my DRK, Salted Earth. The color of the thing is especially striking. So I think I'll be modeling my drink around that hue. Tied with Steel's preference for rum and overall hard-hitting demeanor and I'm leaning towards this:

Dark rum

Black cherrry soda

Cherry liquer

Not sure of the measurements--I'm no mixologist. But that's Steel's drink. A Salted Earth.

rum and coke, but only because that's 50% of my body fluids at this ooint tonight.

More seriously, I think a creepy loner like Jana would have to be th kind of strong, alcoholic drink you can drink alone and not feel awful about yourself, like a glass of Cognac before bed.