Getting into Balmung - Not Happening Indefinitely.

Yeah... at least when me, my fiance, and my brother-in-law created our characters, we could reliably get in on Gilgamesh at around 3-5am EST... but Balmung would always be closed.

This used to be the case for Balmung... two years ago. Until like just before Heavensward (June 2015). You could still make characters at like 4-6 am Pacific NA on Balmung at the time of 2014 las Vegas Fanfest (October 2014) for sure.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Getting"? I'm fairly certain getting into Balmung has always been an ordeal. I managed to get my characters in during that short maintenance window two or so years ago and it's only gotten worse since then. Isn't it basically a given at this point that you'll have to transfer if you want in?

Actually, I don't know if I just had obscene luck, but both of my current Balmung chars I managed to sneak on by stalking Maintenance.

"Getting"? I'm fairly certain getting into Balmung has always been an ordeal. I managed to get my characters in during that short maintenance window two or so years ago and it's only gotten worse since then. Isn't it basically a given at this point that you'll have to transfer if you want in?

Actually, I don't know if I just had obscene luck, but both of my current Balmung chars I managed to sneak on by stalking Maintenance.

You've been lucky!

• 6 months later...

Cheap people should have transferred a long time ago, if you missed your chance because of that, there is no one to blame but yourself and your lack of importance placed on entertainment.

Frankly, these restrictions should have been monitored a long time ago, to prevent this all from needing to be fixed, but SE chose money as they always will. Another thing would have been official RP servers for the US, which likely would still have high population, but lowered the other types of players on the server for fear of being infected by the RPers and their lack of gaming ability. The ones missing out are the future RPers who are new, and never had a chance that they missed in the first place, those are the ones to feel sorry for.

I been posting over on the New section, but for those looking for a place to call home and be part of an RP community, we do have a growing and established RP community on Mateus server.

Its a low pop server, but given what has conspired (as sucky as it is to see this happen to my old home), we are here to help folks look for a new place to call home or who like to assist the growth of Mateus to be a sister server to Balmung.

I'm deeply disappointed by this move.  I hope they re-open the server ASAP.  Is there anywhere I can go to lodge a complaint?

There is a place, but considering they've been begging the players not to transfer on and to select another place, I doubt much will come of it. They've been trying to mitigate this for awhile, but decided to still allow transfers in since people were willing to pay for that, I suppose.

I doubt they reached the decision to close the server lightly, and have been weighing the pros and cons of doing so for a long time.

I really feel like Square Enix needs to designate official roleplaying servers and that would honestly help a lot. The general confusion by the playerbase on where exactly they should go now needs to be coalesced, and I think just designating realms as "RP" would go miles to helping give roleplayers the confidence to select a new place to go for roleplaying.