Monk Lore Level 50-60 [Spoilers. Obviously]

Virella

Having checked a few video myself, but the best I could find was a guy hitting his skip button and blabbering trough it himself, I'm curious if anyone has a summary of sorts of the 50-60 monk lore! Sadly enough I'm still far off from doing the quests myself, so I figured, hell, we got a lot of RPers here.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR INFORMATION, BECAUSE I MAY HAVE MISSED SOME! SPOIL ME ALL THE THINGS!

Thank you <3

Musclebro found two new students since you last beat him in Strip Combat. You help them learn, then they turn on you both. Turns out they're evil monks, emphasizing the use of seven dark chakras to unleash True Ultimate Power at the behest of their evil leader.

You beat the tar out of one, she repents, then you track down her sister, fight the evil guy and open all 14 chakras because fuck yeah, Warrior of Light. You get buffed and do hilariously stupid damage and beat up the evil guy and prove that Friendship and True Power belong to the good guys.

Disclaimer: I'm 99% sure I did most of these cutscenes while tipsy on the weekends. I am a drunken master.

[Grognard Version mode on - you are warned]

You and Widargelt meet two catgirl sister "Shadow Monks." Learn that there are "Shadow Chakra" to go with all your "Light Chakra." Learn that Lighty and Shadowy monks used to be buddies and help each other get those back in the day but Shadow said rawr rawr rawr and so that deal got all messed up.

Catgirls pretend to be your friend because Evil Shadow Monk Nuhn Catboy of Ultimate Frieza Dragonball Shadowy Powa told them to, so he could find a way to beat you up and get your Lighty Chakra Power by killing you. Have a couple of fights until catgirls confess, and then you have to save one of them from B'adguy Nuhn.

Evil Catboy Badguy is like every other badly portrayed villain: Gloats constantly how you can't beat him, and you get told by the catgirl students that you can't beat him, and Widargelt wants to try anyway (he puts up with Professor Erik, so you know he likes mental abuse as much as Hamon Holyfist likes physical abuse)

Evil Catboy Badguy refuses all peaceful attempts at resolution, and of course relies on summoning extra floating helpful power spheres, and summons all his student fodder-buddies to fight you, too, because we all know the villain rule - the more you gloat about your omgawesomeness, the more you rely on other people to fight for you. You fight fight fight, like Itchy and Scratchy. You absorb B'adguy Nuhn's Ultimate Powa attack which gives you All The Chakra, and then you, the catgirls, and Widargelt punch the Shadowgoons and the still-gloating B'adguy Nuhn into the Oblivion That Cutscenes Won't Show, because Catboyball Z still won't accept that you are Warrior of Light and still thinks that he is bleeding, making him the victor, and then A Winner Is You.

[Grognard Version mode off]

To put it succinctly and without all the satiric vitroil of the above:

Widargelt meets the Warrior of Light at Revenant's Toll and reveals that he has begun taking on new disciples, two Miqo'te sisters. Inspired by Warrior of Light's rapid progress, he aspires to restore the brotherhood of monks by training these new pupils of his.

The Miqo'te apprentices eventually reveal themselves as monks in their own right when they turn on Widargelt and the Warrior of Light. Widargelt is surprised to learn from them that the Fist of Rhalgr was once comprised of two sects, the sect of light and the sect of shadow, and that there are not seven chakra total but fourteen chakra in all, seven for light and seven for shadow. As it turns out, the only means by which one can open chakra of the opposite sect is through fighting a monk of the opposite sect. The clash between light and dark serves as a catalyst that opens chakra of the opposite aspect (as opposed to opening chakra of your native aspect, which as seen in the 30-50 Job Quests requires tapping into a land that once saw violent battle).

The women are both of the sect of shadow, and on a number of occassions appear to confront Widargelt and the Warrior. As the four monks grow together, it becomes readily apparent that the women are being pressured into this bloody conflict by their master, a monk of the old order who survived the massacre of the Fist of Rhalgr and took advantage of the slaughter so many years ago to open the fourteenth chakra. For the fourteenth, like the seventh, requires traumatic violence to open; the fourteenth requires you to murder a monk of the opposite sect.

This Nunh attempts to coerce Widargelt into kneeling before him and serving him as the head of the new order, and eventually resorts to kidnapping and threatening one of the women to further pressure Widargelt into surrendering himself. The three remaining monks despair, for despite many attempts not a one of them is able to open the fourteenth chakra without resorting to murder. Taking hope and faith that the three of them together might manage to overcome the Nunh despite their deficiencies, they confront him just south of Little Ala Mhigo. In the battle that ensues, Widargelt and the free Miqo'te woman hold off the Nunh's disciples while the Warrior of Light confronts the old monk of shadow himself. Fueled apparently by the direct conflict and the desire to protect his/her friends, the Warrior of Light is surprised to find the fourteenth chakra opening to him/her. Now on an even footing, the Warrior of Light defeats the Nunh, and the four monks return to Revenant's Toll to begin building a new order, one that does not resort to needless violence and murder to obtain power.

What I didn't really understand was how you get all 7 shadow chakras opened so quickly. I wasn't counting but it didn't seem like there were that many unlocks? You kind of just skip ahead to 14 because you need to be at 14 to beat the shadow master.

I thought the light and shadow thing was a pretty cool addition to the monk lore though. It opens up some RP opportunities, though RPing anything from the Fist of Rhalgr is a bit difficult given the constraint that only a select few survived the temple massacre. Still we can surmise that if other Monk orders exist they may well have the light/shadow thing going on as well.