Plausibility of Vampire RP

ultima_weapon

So this thread blew up fast. Holy hell, people. Guy just asked about some vampires.

So, it's pretty clear people like vampires, and the OP would like to play one. To him I say, play one. Treat it as a super special awesome chocolately covered extra rare secret though. Like the sort of secret that no other character will learn. EVAR. Something like this will do a lot toward shaping your RP in fun and interesting ways for yourself and others. Technically you can do this with any concept, canon or otherwise. This is how all those players RPing their characters as primals and void touched should be doing it. Just, you know, don't go blabbing to everyone.

Anyway. 2 cents. I'm done. Not getting sucked into this Twilight love fest. Enjoy your vamp rage, RPC.

in retroscpect twilight vamps are overpowered since theyre blood sucking kryptonians with emma frost powers but i hated the books and movies so lets not get it twisted lol and thank you

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a big difference between asking "is this acceptable in RP and completely lore-compliant" and asking "How can I make this idea plausible?"

From what I have read, OP is asking for the latter while people want to give the former.

i didnt think that a game with demons, magic, gods and zombies it would be impossible to have vamps in it lol

not trolling just trying to have a good laugh and talk to people. and my last name is actually Swann in game and real life :/ dont judge on things u dont kno :P and facts? lore is more fluid than u make it out to be. can you tell me the origin of the miquo'te master race? its lore compliant to say that humans did weird things with cats so im just trying to broaden horizons.

Humans did not do weird things to cats... Miqo'te are not half cat, half human. Miqo'te are Miqo'te. >_>

not trolling just trying to have a good laugh and talk to people. and my last name is actually Swann in game and real life :/ dont judge on things u dont kno :P and facts? lore is more fluid than u make it out to be. can you tell me the origin of the miquo'te master race? its lore compliant to say that humans did weird things with cats so im just trying to broaden horizons.

Humans did not do weird things to cats... Miqo'te are not half cat, half human. Miqo'te are Miqo'te. >_>

how do u kno? lol do you support creationism that hydaelyn just said abra cadabra and cat ppl emerged?

how do u kno? lol do you support creationism that hydaelyn just said abra cadabra and cat ppl emerged?

It's lore. Races aren't related to each other, except for a common ancestor. They just evolved in different ways (Miqo'te getting feline traits, Lalafell becoming small, etc...)

Isn't the Haukke manor lady sort of a vampire.

She's a succubus, which is not the same thing as a vampire.

They're both not real wizard ghost demon people.

They're not technically the same thing, but they're similar/related. Basically the same concept, but vampires typically feed on blood whereas succubi/incubi feed on sexual energies. Neither are really wizards or ghosts, though, and vampires are detabably not always demons.

But one is clearly in the game, and the other is not. Hence the argument against vampires.

Maybe they're all hiding in their coffins. 

Or turned into bats.

what if they turned into bats and can't figure out how to turn back.

The bats in Qarn suck your blood. QED vampires are in the game.

But one is clearly in the game, and the other is not. Hence the argument against vampires.

not in game yet. keyword yet. u have everything else literally in mythology but vamps is overstepping boundaries? lol hell zodiark might have his warriors of darkness drink blood and aether for all we know

not in game yet. keyword yet. u have everything else literally in mythology but vamps is overstepping boundaries? lol hell zodiark might have his warriors of darkness drink blood and aether for all we know

Not overstepping boundaries, just being presumptuous imo.

Mebee warriors are vampires because they have bloodbath.

They stab people and get blood.

All warriors are vampires, spoilers. It's gonna blow all your mindz once yoshi p confirms.

its presumptuous to set tight limits on a game with........ everything that violates the laws of nature and physics and an ever expanding story lol before 3.0 it was thought the war of the magi wiped out all the mages but here comes Void Ark. and from a gamer persepective au ra didnt exist till 3.0. from a gamer perspective not lore and the lore was added after 3.0 so its not entirely impossible in the long run im just brainstorming ways it could be implemented before SE officially denies it or confirms it in a later expansion

Or turned into bats.

that sounds like a comedic origin story i like it lol

Or turned into bats.

that sounds like a comedic origin story i like it lol

My character was bitten by a void tainted vampire bat in Qarn, and became Eorzea's first Vampire.

its presumptuous to set tight limits on a game with........ everything that violates the laws of nature and physics and an ever expanding story lol before 3.0 it was thought the war of the magi wiped out all the mages but here comes Void Ark. and from a gamer persepective au ra didnt exist till 3.0. from a gamer perspective not lore and the lore was added after 3.0 so its not entirely impossible in the long run im just brainstorming ways it could be implemented before SE officially denies it or confirms it in a later expansion

There's this weird mentality some people (who are arguing in favor of something probably not fitting for the setting) have that just because there's magic in a world, or sometimes even simply if a setting is fictional, that anything goes and that "the laws of nature and physics" don't apply. That's not the case. Fiction is grounded in reality. We should assume that most things operate in XIV just as they do in the real world until/unless given evidence otherwise. SE may not tell us that Midlanders need oxygen to live, but if someone suffocates my character, she's probably gonna pass out/die, because until we're presented with evidence otherwise, it makes the most sense to assume things work as they do in real life.

And yes, vampires could be implemented in the future, or they could not, or SE could add flying pigs into the game that are called "vampires." We don't know if vampires will ever be added, and we certainly don't know what they'll be like if they are. We don't know if they'll be something sensible to play (for example, we know well enough what Primals are--that doesn't mean it's a good idea to make your character a Primal). At this point, you are simply presuming, hence being presumptuous.