WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again)

[DISCLAIMER: I merely wish to just talk about this topic with those who play FF14 and do not wish to start any flame war between both games over which is better. This is not a debate. This is about world of warcraft and those who have played/still play. By no means will i side with either game as the better. Thank you]

Let's talk about World of Warcraft-

*Narrowly misses a Tonberry Plushie being tossed at*

HEY! Keep those objects down! I'm just bored and want to talk a bit about a well known (and often hated lately) game that people will most likely rip my throat out for. I'm curious if any of the people here are still playing wow in any way or just feel like taking their relic weapon and smashing the thread over and over until it's deleted. Love or hate it, the game has done plenty of things both good and bad. This is where you can let out your frustration/anger/hate or your love/devotion/joy of the game without bringing in other games for comparison. I'll get things started...

I'm waiting to see if legion will be good as they said. So far the data-mining for it is coming along nicely and i'm starting to enjoy how the mage class order hall is going to be. Yet i am still not hyped for it. After the crap that was WOD, i've been very...weary about this Xpac. Blizz dung themselves an even deeper hole than before. So let's hope they don't dig up and cause a cave in on this.

As well it's currently on sale to get the game if you are thinking of getting into it or back into the game. I cannot promise you that Legion will be the best Xpac but it shows promise to be better than Warlords of Draenor. 

---

I wish to extend my hand and share my character with you all in the event you want to find me in wow for some weird reason. Or if you want to do RAF then message me your Email address and i can send you something ingame. 300% EXP booster with free level gains while we level together and summon friend to each other. I'm very helpful and noob friendly as well to those who wish to come on in. I'll even get you a space in the guild for casual level.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Yukaria/simple

---

And with that out of the way...

*Prepares Hallowed Ground*

Fire Away.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between the datamined spoiler quests, the returning NPCs and the direction of the class distinction (AND YOU GET AN ASHBRINGER! AND YOU GET AN ASHBRINGER!) I'm officially no longer interested in WoW. I've got a still-sealed time card and copy of Warlords on my bookshelf and will likely keep them just as a reminder.

It's a shame, because I liked my time there.

I have a varied love-hate relationship with WoW. On the one hand, it's how I found my current love interest, the woman I've been staying with for going on four years now.

On the other hand, they made Warlords.

While I'm excited about, say, actually being able to play a Demon Hunter. While I'm excited about a few other things, as well... I don't think I'll ever return to WoW with the same intensity I once did.

I used to really love the game in the past. It was my primary MMO and I have a lot of fond memories. I even met my partner through it. Yet we've both become very disillusioned with the direction that the game has gone in during the last few expansions. Cataclysm was the start of my distaste and every expansion since then has just convinced me that taking my leave was for the best.

I do miss my blood elf, though:

http://orig00.deviantart.net/1df8/f/2014/241/1/8/solbranthius_dawnsurge_by_rinacane-d7x7yk2.jpg

The idea of playing a Demon Hunter intrigues me since I have a thing for buff, shirtless elves...but Blizzard haven't convinced me that they are capable of keeping me invested once a new expansion launches. FFXIV isn't perfect but we get fresh content on a fairly consistent basis - whereas WoW struggles to pump out new content for up to a year at a time in some cases.

Doubt I will go back, simply for the reason that well, the roleplay here is one of the best quality roleplay communities I've seen, and I got no desire to return to WoW for that.

Had a blast in the past with the game, but I will not return. No interest in the PvE there, no interest in the RP, no interest in PvP either on WoW. I got my old WoW buddies on Skype, so that's not a reason either to return.

no interest in PvP either on WoW.

Wow's PVP (well until legion since i hope it helps...) from the very start has been tacked on. Even when they tried to make PVP content you could tell there is literally no content for it compared to PVE. That and Balancing issues.

Believe me, I tell anyone interested in wow PVP to go play games that were built around PVP like TF2, Counter strike and even DOTA/HOTS/LOL. Next Xpac is said to remove the need for PVP gear (Ala vanilla wow) since they are remaking the system overall but until beta shows more information, I am still on the fence as a still active player about the PVP.

Side Note: FF14's system of PVP actually feels interesting. Hencewhy they did a bit of copying for their system lol.

I've been playing Vanilla WoW recently on a private PvP server. It's fun, I like having to meet people in order to complete quests.

It's really driving home how FFXIV is just a glorified chat lobby for instances. 

Really enjoying the big scary world and running around. Hit me up if anyone is bored and wants to join in.

I tried to get back into it when Warlords came out, even going so far as to preorder it. I lasted two weeks. Sorry, but even with all of the enhancements, it is really starting to show its age. Everything about it just feels dated to me at this point. It sounds strange even to myself, as someone who pretty regularly speedruns Mega Man and Metroid games, but it's the honest truth at least for me.

I tried a vanilla wow private server...and i stopped at level 17 because i was hit with major flashbacks of the 'year long grind' i had to do back in my teen years. It was hell, especially since i was on Daggerspine pvp...No mercy to level 60. 

Then again this is coming from the guy who blast through FF14's story in favor of reaching max level upon launch (pre-RP moment) and same with Heavensward (went back to read/watch the stuff after i hit 60)

Did i mention i hate grinding levels? :P

I tried a vanilla wow private server...and i stopped at level 17 because i was hit with major flashbacks of the 'year long grind' i had to do back in my teen years. It was hell, especially since i was on Daggerspine pvp...No mercy to level 60. 

Then again this is coming from the guy who blast through FF14's story in favor of reaching max level upon launch (pre-RP moment) and same with Heavensward (went back to read/watch the stuff after i hit 60)

Did i mention i hate grinding levels? :P

Haha it's not so bad.

Just think of it as a journey. I log on to have fun for a few hours, I don't worry about the levels :).

I'm starting to get messages from some old WoW buddies asking me if I'm coming back for Legion, will I raid with them, they still can't find anyone to replace me, etc.

My answer will be the same as it has been since WotLK.

Pay for my sub and I will heal for joo.

But even when they did during WoD I couldn't stay in the game it was so damn bad. PvP hadn't seen that level of imbalance since Season 4 resto druids. Literally worse than S4 restos.

Ugh. Anytime I play WoW I feel like I'm getting into a car that has the body of a Ferrari but the engine is a rusted piece of crap no one cares about anymore.

Still a very active PvPer and has been since BC. 

I won't deny it, WoD was the worst possible expansion released so far and this is quite easily summarized by a youtuber I follow Heelsvsbabyface. 

a4g-qh65Hn4

As for what I still love about the game, I think I still genuinely enjoy the PvP in WoW compared to any other MMO's PvP. PvP in FFXIV has never been my cup of tea. Introducing PvP only skills for all classes that can only be used in PvP situation still confuse the crap out of me haha. I'm not sure what to say other than comparing it to buying a Lv90 boost and wondering what all the new skills do and when to use it effectively. That and I feel like PvP is largely dominated by SMN. Imagine going against a Affliction Warlock who has Sprint on relatively short cooldown and it doesn't use any resources compared to melee who requires TP for their abilities. Now imagine there are a whole group of them on the other team and you play a melee... it's a daunting task to even begin imagining about. Oh and did I mention as a player who is playing from NZ my average ping is sitting at 450~600ms? PvP is just beyond something I can enjoy. 

But even if my ping was good, I have to wonder if I would enjoy it. Considering those nodes pop up very randomly and trying to organize pugs to fight for a common goal aka the objective seems harder than trying to organize relatively smaller group of pugs to do objectives on WoW,.... It's a real mess lol. 

I'm also not sure how other Ninjas use Stealth "Practically" in pvp. Movement speed is so slow that trying to catch a fleeing enemy is near impossible while stealthed. 

In every way I'm thoroughly enjoying my Rogue's playstyle more than I do as a Ninja on FFXIV which feels clunky... until I meet a geared feral druid in arenas lol. 

Every game has it's faults and as far as PvP goes I think WoW is still more enjoyable in that aspect, granted FFXIV was never really focused on PVP contents as much as PvE

As for Legion?

With the kind of crap Blizzard pulled for WoD? Haha I don't think so. They overhyped literally EVERYTHING about WoD and cut like 90% content they've mentioned they'll be bringing to WoD. WoD turned out to be an Expansion that was "designed" to be a prologue for Legion, more or less what it was. Only thing they introduced in this expansion was a Selfie Cam... and several dozen recolors of the dire wolf mount and boar mounts. Oh and lest I forget store only mounts lol... Legion may look somewhat promising but there's no guarantee they won't pull the same crap with Legion as they did with WoD. Who knows? They might not even introduce Demon Hunters and call it a early April Fools for all we know, which would be amusing and I honestly won't be surprised if they did.

I won't deny it, WoD was the worst possible expansion released so far and this is quite easily summarized by a youtuber I follow Heelsvsbabyface. 

As for what I still love about the game, I think I still genuinely enjoy the PvP in WoW compared to any other MMO's PvP. PvP in FFXIV has never been my cup of tea. Introducing PvP only skills for all classes that can only be used in PvP situation still confuse the crap out of me haha. I'm not sure what to say other than comparing it to buying a Lv90 boost and wondering what all the new skills do and when to use it effectively. That and I feel like PvP is largely dominated by SMN. Imagine going against a Affliction Warlock who has Sprint on relatively short cooldown and it doesn't use any resources compared to melee who requires TP for their abilities. Now imagine there are a whole group of them on the other team and you play a melee... it's a daunting task to even begin imagining about. Oh and did I mention as a player who is playing from NZ my average ping is sitting at 450~600ms? PvP is just beyond something I can enjoy. 

But even if my ping was good, I have to wonder if I would enjoy it. Considering those nodes pop up very randomly and trying to organize pugs to fight for a common goal aka the objective seems harder than trying to organize relatively smaller group of pugs to do objectives on WoW,.... It's a real mess lol. 

I'm also not sure how other Ninjas use Stealth "Practically" in pvp. Movement speed is so slow that trying to catch a fleeing enemy is near impossible while stealthed. 

In every way I'm thoroughly enjoying my Rogue's playstyle more than I do as a Ninja on FFXIV which feels clunky... until I meet a geared feral druid in arenas lol. 

Every game has it's faults and as far as PvP goes I think WoW is still more enjoyable in that aspect, granted FFXIV was never really focused on PVP contents as much as PvE

Did they ever fix the damn botting issue?

PvP was just infiltrated with .01 second interrupt bots I can't remember wtf the program was called.

PvP was just infiltrated with .01 second interrupt bots I can't remember wtf the program was called.

Bots? I think you have the term mixed up with something else. In that regard though, is there honestly a MMORPG that doesn't have 3rd party programs invented by people to cheat or give them an upper hand? I'm sure if you looked through ownedcore there will be more information about that and more regarding the "bots" you mentioned. Though to be honest it won't surprise me if there were bots on FFXIV too.

Only thing they introduced in this expansion was a Selfie Cam... and several dozen recolors of the dire wolf mount and boar mounts. Oh and lest I forget store only mounts lol.

The Xpac has also given us the Heirloom Tab to help manage them better, Wowtoken for those who don't want to pay 15$ a month and instead pay with ingame gold, A better catch up mechanic for crafting professions (Well half implemented because professions became so null a few months into WOD but still 1-600 leveling was simplified), Twitter integration (which despite it being meh, I had fun using now and then when something happened or i get a new mount. Feels good for me at least), Timewalking (Which many hate but i rather enjoyed a lot to do) and was the first expansion to give us updated models.

Of course those are just 'Updates' and not additions but i like to see the silver lining in most games that i play. But WOD still was a major disappointment. It's why i am super cautious on the beta info for Legion and what not. I still raid and currently on Mythic Gorfiend 66% so i will most likely continue to raid even in next xpac.

Bots? I think you have the term mixed up with something else. In that regard though, is there honestly a MMORPG that doesn't have 3rd party programs invented by people to cheat or give them an upper hand? I'm sure if you looked through ownedcore there will be more information about that and more regarding the "bots" you mentioned. Though to be honest it won't surprise me if there were bots on FFXIV too.

Nah, I found an article on it.

Honorbuddy was the program.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2095986/world-of-warcraft-bans-cheaters-over-pvp-bot-programs-like-wow-honorbuddy/

They were impossible to juke because they could literally interrupt you at .1 seconds so no matter how hard you could outplay a human the bot would get you.

Only a 6th month ban, eh? They must be clamoring for those subs. And they apparently made Warden not give a crap about these bots either.

Yep. Trash, cash cow game.....sadly.

Honorbuddy. Honestly WoD was a total mess for PvE and PvP. Honor grinding for PVP was a total nightmare. For example.

[video=youtube]

The game other than that was raid or raid, dungeons become obsolete quickly and after that you have four versions of the same raids. It's so easy and empty until you hit the barrier in heroic or mythic. A lot of content that was promised was cut, and the content that was delivered in patches was not good at all, or entirely pointless.

Only thing they introduced in this expansion was a Selfie Cam... and several dozen recolors of the dire wolf mount and boar mounts. Oh and lest I forget store only mounts lol.

The Xpac has also given us the Heirloom Tab to help manage them better, Wowtoken for those who don't want to pay 15$ a month and instead pay with ingame gold, A better catch up mechanic for crafting professions (Well half implemented because professions became so null a few months into WOD but still 1-600 leveling was simplified), Twitter integration (which despite it being meh, I had fun using now and then when something happened or i get a new mount. Feels good for me at least), Timewalking (Which many hate but i rather enjoyed a lot to do) and was the first expansion to give us updated models.

Of course those are just 'Updates' and not additions but i like to see the silver lining in most games that i play. But WOD still was a major disappointment. It's why i am super cautious on the beta info for Legion and what not. I still raid and currently on Mythic Gorfiend 66% so i will most likely continue to raid even in next xpac.

I'm convinced it won't be long before they integrate Marriage system in WoW. In the mind of Activision they're probably thinking... Should we work on playable content? Spend millions of dollars creating enjoyable PvE/PvP content without turning them into mindless Apexis Grinds? No that takes genuine effort, instead we should spend our resources on the Marriage System.

The game other than that was raid or raid, dungeons become obsolete quickly and after that you have four versions of the same raids. It's so easy and empty until you hit the barrier in heroic or mythic. A lot of content that was promised was cut, and the content that was delivered in patches was not good at all, or entirely pointless.

Yep...WOD in a nutshell. 

funny thing... They reintroduced Valor for item upgrades now along with Mythic dungeons having some chance to drop upwards of Ilevel 725 gear (about heroic Hellfire Citadel level loot) but it's not common. Highest Ilevel i got out of them was 720 but even then you don't get valor through raiding. Only LFRs, Weekly quest minus pet battle, Daily heroic and all 8 Mythics. Forcing raiders to do old and outdated content for points.

Again i am still having fun but it's not the same as when it was Cata pre Dragonsoul and nerf to Heroic Dungeons or even Mists (BTW i adored mists. Only reason people hated it was the first few months with gear locked behind dailies. I swear to you if they didn't lock the gear behind rep, people wouldn't of berate the game that much. And story was fine and dandy. And i've played since Warcraft 2 released.)

Half the time i sit on my moose in Stormwind waiting for ques to pop or friends to come on for anything.

I'm convinced it won't be long before they integrate Marriage system in WoW. In the mind of Activision they're probably thinking... Should we work on playable content? Spend millions of dollars creating enjoyable PvE/PvP content without turning them into mindless Apexis Grinds? No that takes genuine effort, instead we should spend our resources on the Marriage System.

At least the system in FF14 makes more sense considering the amount of customization/vanity content they intended to put in the game. Unless the Marriage system has some sort of benefit for it like it did on some FTP games where it gives active buffs like 5% more crit while married person online then only the RP community would use it...and even then that community is slowly becoming the Minority. The RP circles are strong on maybe 2 of the official servers but they have become so bad after Cata (it's why i migrated here :P)

If they want to be really smart, they would take the Golden Saucer gambling idea and make it a giant gold sink much like the BMAH.