Ala Mhigo resistance?

Iona

Hey I was just reading a post about the Ala Mhigo lore and I was wondering if anyone started a FC or LS that works as a Ala Mhigo resistance or something like that? since we have a huge amount of "monks" running around, although I do not know if that rp wise is what they rp as....

It is something I want to do/work on with my character, Iona Falconsoul but I am not lore strong, so I don't think I am the right one to work on something like that.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=14668

Maybe check that FC out? Idk if a resistance LS would work at this point as we don't know what they are doing, making any proper progress ect, but that's my two cents onto it!

*flops on Vi*

The question is what would you want of your character? Do you want her to be a monk as well? Lore wise it may be hard since most monks are really just old Mhigos due to the fall of the temples and most of the older ones refuse to teach the newer ones.

Do you want to be an Ala Mhigo Lancer? You can use the dragoon class to achieve it and just say it Icly. (Like most monks just call themselves fist fighters but use the class to achieve the look).

There are plenty of things you can learn and do!

Blargh, to add more now I'm out of roleplay. There are Monks yes, however there's very few of them left, but there are some out there who are becoming Monks.

Then you sort of ish have the whole Fist of Rhalgr vs being a Monk thing. Monk nor Fist is something you don't become overnight (unless you're the Warrior of Light, but lets not go into that), the latter being something... I'd personally would reserve for only older Ala Mhigan characters.

A Pugilist wanting to become a Monk would be a nice thing to start off with if you ain't sure onto the lore. We got a whole bunch of Monk roleplayers in the LS who'd be happy enough to explain things. Honestly, I would explain a great deal more, but I don't want to spoil things on accident!

I can also second the route of being an Ala Mighan lancer, or at least styled as one.  I use the DRG class OOCly as it suits most of what I want to do.  I haven't really received much pushback or ill reception presenting my character in that light.

Fair warning, specifics on this route seem sparse as I have found panning through the lore so far.  I've been making a few educated guess in that area, mostly looking to things like Chinese spear fighting to follow what we see with the Fists in terms of influences and flavor.  Western styles are worth a look as well.  At bare minimum, I found it helps with combat RP and describing the motions (very used to playing casters >.<).

Still, I try not to tread too deeply into the waters of any style as I haven't found the any lore on the methods or styles of the Ala Mhigan lancers.  Just a personal safegaurd against having to do a major retcon later.

Additionally, I believe there are multiple mentions of the Ala Mhigans being very capable with magitek or tech in general, so that could open up use of the machinist class ICly as well.

P.S.  If there is a resistance LS I might be persuaded to take up a channel slot for that.  >.>

I've been surprised for a long time that there wasn't a LS for Resistance RPers. xD Yes, it's hard because we don't know what is going on on that front really, but I would think some sort of RP could be had..

Hopefully I can answer you all in once.

Iona's dad was a former monk, I made him so as I kept picking up there was survivors, and through out her childhood he's trained her, she may not know that most of her training is related to that, but she does know bit's of pieces of information and history.

Her dad went to fight the Empire, but never came home alive, so she's more or less aimlessly been trying to make life work on her own. She know he talked about some sort of resistance - I will keep it at that - and she is curious about that area.

I am lvl 57 pug/monk, so dont think there is any spoilers left, and if so I honestly do not care. because I really just want my character to be "complete" so I can rp her better.

So basically she is a fist fighter, who cares little about fighting, unless she really have to. She got some skills with a bow, but mostly for hunting, and she  does not see the honor in fighting with a bow, or a gun for that matter.

I really wish there was an LS for it, but I know I'm not lore skilled enough, nor do I know that many people to actually start something like this... yet

And thank you all for throwing your voice in this =)

Hey I was just reading a post about the Ala Mhigo lore and I was wondering if anyone started a FC or LS that works as a Ala Mhigo resistance or something like that? since we have a huge amount of "monks" running around, although I do not know if that rp wise is what they rp as....

It is something I want to do/work on with my character, Iona Falconsoul but I am not lore strong, so I don't think I am the right one to work on something like that.

There is a fc called Storm's Eye that has a heavy Ala Mhigan feel and I believe they are prepping for the city to be opened to players ooc. I believe they are ic involved with some level of the resistance but dont quote me.

Ala Mhigo possesses some of the most fascinating and interesting conceptual framework present in the game.  The lore about Ala Mhigo is vague enough to permit fairly wide flexibility without intentionally breaking lore.  You're embarking on some great potential RP! 

In terms of how to structure your character, monks are the only canon job that has roots closely tied to Ala Mhigo through confirmed lore, but monks are difficult to RP at times for reasons stated in this thread.  Thankfully, Ala Mhigo was a highly militaristic state overcome with civil turmoil before its fall, and its militancy suggests a wide range of combat styles were used in its aggressive military.  Bare-fist fighting, great swords, guns, and lances all have confirmed uses in Ala Mhigan lore.  Your imagination is really the limit to creating your character in this context.  

My character has very deep roots in Ala Mhigo, but despises what the nation state of Ala Mhigo stood for, all while caring greatly for its people (including resistance fighters), who he believes are wasting their short lives chasing dead dreams. I've always found it interesting that many good-aligned characters (including some depicted in the MSQ) sympathized with Ala Mhigo and desire to restore it, as lore suggests Ala Mhigo shared the same militaristic disposition as Garlemald.

I agree there is a need for an Ala Mhigan specific linkshell (ideally IC), and wish I had the time to spearhead the effort.  If anyone feels creative, however, I'd be happy to lend a helping hand and participate.

In terms of FCs, I second the Empyrean Vanguard as a great potential source of Ala Mhigan resistance RP or network for characters connected with Ala Mhigo. 

Thank you, I will def. have to take a look at these people as well.

Posted by Diskwrite - Today 03:12 PMHonestly, I'd really love an LS for this- it'd make it a lot easier to meet other folks who's characters were/are part of the resistance. Plot out shared backstories. That sort of thing.

- I completely agree with you. and feel free to throw me a tell in the game if you want to talk more about this. My name is Iona Falconsoul. Actually that applies for anyone interested in this really. Maybe we can create something.

Posted by Diskwrite - Today 03:12 PMHonestly, I'd really love an LS for this- it'd make it a lot easier to meet other folks who's characters were/are part of the resistance. Plot out shared backstories. That sort of thing.

- I completely agree with you. and feel free to throw me a tell in the game if you want to talk more about this. My name is Iona Falconsoul. Actually that applies for anyone interested in this really. Maybe we can create something.

Yeah, sounds good to me! I'll be around later, if I forget just poke me.

An IC LS for resistance stuff would be cool, but even an OOC one would be beneficial, I think. I don't know if my character is even in a position where she'd want to be involved in the Resistance anymore, but I looooove having people she would recognize from those days show up.

Tormenting my characters, for great justice.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, sounds good to me! I'll be around later, if I forget just poke me.

An IC LS for resistance stuff would be cool, but even an OOC one would be beneficial, I think. I don't know if my character is even in a position where she'd want to be involved in the Resistance anymore, but I looooove having people she would recognize from those days show up.

Tormenting my characters, for great justice.

Sorry for turning quiet, but rl got busy. I'm still interested in the LS, so I will poke people once again.

Well, there certainly seems to be a lot of interest- why don't we throw something together? It could be at the very least an OOC dealio so that we can all network and work with each other without too much hassle. All that jazz.

I don't actually know how creating an LS works (haven't done it yet lul), but I can poke at this when I get home.

Awright, I'm going to go ahead and make an OOC LS for this. So over the next few days, I'll write up some rules, and then I'll start inviting people.

Soooo in the meantime, let me know if once I get this all up and running you want an invite. Just PM me here or shoot me a /tell in-game. (I may be AFK at the time, but I do try to go back and reread messages, but if I don't get back to you just try again later!) I'll make a list!

Dropping in here. I'll help in anyway you need. I'm one of the three leaders of the Empyrean Vanguard. (Formerly Onyx Cross, skyward Eye) And we'd love to help facilititate and cultivate a better resistance, and simply Ala Mhigan community. 

Come in about a month I'm hosting a Large server open Ala Mhigan event..actually about three of them. But At the first one I'll be making a Mhigan LS so we can all stay in touch, could even be Ic if you'd like. Keep your eyes peels for my first event it'll hit the boards in the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...

I am soo happy people didn't let this die out. And I gain I will have to apologize about the silence. School took a decent amount of my spare time lately.

If there is an LC up and running now, I would like to join on Iona Falconsoul, and would be looking forward to see what you have done with the idea :D