FF14's getting Zidane Outfit

Aldotsk

About 20 days late but we're not getting Cloud's Bike. They showed it off as a christmas gift to the designer. Unless they're convinced to give it to us, they see it as too slow and awkward to actually put into the game to give to the public.

If the belt is attached to the pants rather than the shirt then count me very excited.

Also! The lamp is so cute!! However, I always wanted the FFXI chocobo plush (they were apparently discontinued by the time I was aware of their existence) and I'm really disappointed this new plush is significantly uglier. I guess it's more realistic for a baby bird to be, but considering FFXI and FFXIV's chocobos are practically identical except in the count of polygons they have to render their appearance... a little let down, yes

4590_6.jpg

babychocobo02.jpg

Oh, so we're actually getting the motorbike? Heh. Somehow I'm not as mad as I thought I would be. In fact, I think it'd make for a cool mount for my PvE main when I go MCH. I would've preferred a chopper motorbike if I had to choose, but eh. I hope it won't be a veteran reward though.

Edit: Nevermind. So you CAN'T get it.

I am pretty sure in the future expansion - when they decide to make all mounts go faster than they are, they'll probably implement bike in the future. (Maybe).

Though I am even surprised that they still haven't thought about adding SOLDIER outfit instead of AC outfit considering that FF7 remake is happening.

ggcaliJKE9w

Go to like 1:13:55 and you can see it in action. It's really... mehhhh.

Also, the plush and artbook are now on NA store (artbook is on EU store as well, not sure baout plush). I believe most other stuff is JP store exclusive cause they can't get their merch group to give it to us :<

I'll admit that the mounts in 3.0 is extremely slow considering the fact that HW continent is extremely big. They really should consider increasing the speed for 4.0 at least.

WoW had mounts like 60-100% speed plus flight speed of 180 to 280%. These need to be implemented. 

(Mekigneer Chopper <3)

Hate to be "that guy" but I actually really, really, REALLY dislike the idea of them adding the motorcycle unless they change the world a LOT between now and when it's added.

/shrug

Same, it would completely ruin the atmosphere.

I hope it's at least dyeable. That doesn't seem fitting for cat boys :U

Maybe? It's kind of strange, but in the render of the Lalafell wearing the outfit the big belts around the waist are brown, while in the datamined models it's purple, and it's the only place the colors really differ. (the datamined model shows some blue on the shoes but I reckon that's the pants clipping through the boots because of the way it's being rendered, probably)

Since the model was mined last December it's entirely possible they've just updated the color scheme prior to implementation. Is the Advent Attire and Wild Rose Attire dyeable? I don't think it is...? (I've never seen the Wild Rose Attire in anything but the default colors, anyway)

Hate to be "that guy" but I actually really, really, REALLY dislike the idea of them adding the motorcycle unless they change the world a LOT between now and when it's added.

/shrug

large.jpg

Immersion's bound to be ruined at some point. What I'm curious about is why your immersion wasn't ruined several years ago? The motorcycle, after all the other content, is what's pushing you over the edge?

To be honest, I think it fits in just fine, considering this is going to be riding alongside Magitek Armor. That'd be kind of badass, I feel.

...In before the fanboys skewer me on a pike for saying FFVI/FFVII objects should be anywhere within distance of each other.

/shrug

large.jpg

Immersion's bound to be ruined at some point. What I'm curious about is why your immersion wasn't ruined several years ago? The motorcycle, after all the other content, is what's pushing you over the edge?

To be honest, I think it fits in just fine, considering this is going to be riding alongside Magitek Armor. That'd be kind of badass, I feel.

...In before the fanboys skewer me on a pike for saying FFVI/FFVII objects should be anywhere within distance of each other.

That comic is surprisingly true. Honestly I tune out a lot of the nonsensical things players tend to do. Not to say I'm always in super srs RP mode but the bike just rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe if it looked more like Magitek/the Magitek mount that we've seen in the setting thus far rather than the more hi/future tech (IMO) look that Cloud's bike has, I'd be more okay with it. As it stands it just seems to stand out against everything else.

Plus, sorry, I'm perfectly fine with NOT seeing roving bands of Miqo boy band bikers rolling around. Might be badass to some but just doesn't seem the place to go for the not-Mad Max vibe. But again, just my opinion.

Also, in before "Dragoons jousting from motorcycles" becomes the next big thing/debate.

Well, magitech armor is based off of Allagan designs, and it's internally consistent with the lore. I still find it a little silly when players ride them around ICly.

Perhaps you haven't noticed though but Eorzea seems to /hate/ wheeled vehicles. Wheeled devices of any sort are /very/ uncommon, including wagons (most of them seem to float). A motorcycle makes no sense, it's completely alien to the lore/art style/ technology in FFXIV.

If they introduced something in the world that gave any sort of depth, then that's fine. However just copy/pasting a motorcycle makes very little sense for a continent that doesn't even have proper roads most places.