The Sword & Skillet Tavern - Opening Night!

[align=center]dfd3a2d41a5e995f95c9cee78810694c.png[/align]

[align=center]Might and Magitek Presents - The Sword & Skillet Tavern![/align]

[align=center]-----[/align]

[align=left]Everything was nearly ready. The wine racks had been filled, the stores were stocked, the counters polished and - Twelve blessed - not a single glass had been broken despite two cupboards and a shelf falling during the cleaning. She had her chef and manager, she had her staff - for the most part - and now there was nothing else more to be done than simply make sure the announcements were still visible in the cities.

[/align]

"Anton?" She made certain her voice had that saccharine-sweet tone that he knew was meant to alert him to a need, and grinned to herself as he grumbled over their private link-pearl. If she couldn't sleep, no one would sleep! Well, at the very least, he wouldn't sleep. "I'm sorry to wake you, I just wanted to confirm you did actually see to the announcements being posted in the cities?"

There was a long pause. Too long, she realized with some amount of growing dread, and his tired voice was mostly a grumbled exhalation over the line. "Kiipa, you were handling that. You bit my head off when I offered, remember?" 

"I did no - ..." She felt the hairs on her neck rise and her tail fluff in the manner it had when she was defensive - or angry, but defensive suited at the moment. The curse she expelled over the pearl had him chuckling even as he ended the communication, leaving her to exercise her word bank of just about every Limsan seadog slur she could manage in the minute following.

So it was that, in the early morning bells, a frazzled woman could be seen posting up a simple enough announcement - it certainly wasn't flashy or decorative except in script, and upon further inspection it was not hard to tell that each and every one had been written by hand.

[align=center]Might and Magitek Proudly Presents:[/align]

[align=center]The Sword & Skillet Tavern![/align]

"Located in the cellar of the Might and Magitek Estate, the Sword & Skillet Tavern is a new establishment in Ward 6, House 12 of the Goblet that aims to provide patrons with a friendly and playful atmosphere where the drink flows freely and the food leaves you wishing you had two (or maybe three!) stomachs!

"Come join us in celebrating the opening of our first financial endeavor, talk with the establishment staff about job opportunities, and leave with full bellies and high spirits. Found yourself three sheets to the wind and unable to leave? That's alright - we've accommodations to keep you safe for the night at affordable prices.

"Fancy a little bit of a game? To really kick off our first night in business, we're giving you the chance to walk away with a little companion of your own! Bring your running shoes and your keen eyes, and there's a good chance you can go home with a Bluebird, Nana Bear, or Plush Cushion - somethin' to sing you to sleep, to snuggle in bed, or to rest your head!

"The Sword & Skillet Tavern opens for business this Thursday at the Eighth Evening Bell - so bring your friends, bring your enemies - but please don't punch your enemies in the bar -, and don't forget to bring yourselves!"

- The Might and Magitek Management

The OOC Bits 'n Bobs:

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! We're ever so excited to invite you and yours to our opening night and first official event as Might and Magitek! 

A little bit about us: we're an adventuring/mercenary company with some financial endeavors meant to not only fuel our own company story and the stories of our members, but to build up a company that interacts with the server as a whole - through stories, events, and cross-guild interactions. We want to give players of all skill levels a place to enjoy roleplay of all levels.

That being said!

This is our opening event, and for many of our members, the first real interaction with people outside the company. We expect hiccups and things to work on no matter how hard we plan, so your patience is appreciated!

Opening Night is Thursday, January 28th, at 8pm EST. There is no ending time - we're going until it seems people are going off to bed. Can't make it for the opening night? That's okay! We're hoping to have the Tavern open several times a week, starting next week! More information on that by the weekend!

Got a free night on Wednesday, January 27th? Two of our leaders are tying the knot, and you're welcome to join us for that celebration! Just get in touch with Gen Quickpaw or Tikka Swift for an invitation to their bonding ceremony on January 27th at 8pm EST! [[Tikka Ad

Here]]

We hope to see you there!

[align=center]Kiipa is well aware this is short-notice as frick, and hopes to never have this happen again - it's just been a very busy last month or so![/align]

Eee!

Thank you so much to those who attended, and to those who really wished to attend but couldn't make it. It was an enormous turn out, and we sincerely hope everyone had fun.

We want to express our sincerest thanks for your patience during the hiccups - we truly didn't expect as many as there were, and we were quite frantic making sure everyone was entertained! We learned a considerable bit, and hope to see everyone around for our next big event next month.

That doesn't mean you have to be strangers! We look forward to hosting open tavern nights a few times a week, and we'd love to meet more people and make more friends!

had to keep going afk cause of kids (you know how they can be lul) but overall had a lot of fun, the scavenger hunt/race was pretty clever too. had me running past a couple of hiding spots more than once before i found them xD

It took me forever to find Mhaya, a lot of those spots were really well thought out. I got lucky moving my camera to see the rooftop Dragoon (which by the way, I was super into the DRG being on the roof xD)

Thanks for letting us goof off in your new tavern.  We had lots of fun.

Thank you for coming! I'm only sorry that I was unable to stay for all the hilarity, but the song was amusing!

Stay tuned, because we're TOTALLY GOING TO BE DOING MORE OF THIS STUFF YEEEEEEEEAH.

Anton for best chef/bartender. Also, WHERE WAS THE KNIFE JUGGLING?! All joking aside I had a ton of fun and can't wait to see what else you guys cook up!

No knife juggling! I'm very lucky to have Anton on hand for all of this - he definitely made this part of my pet project run easier! We'll have something fun in the theme of Valentione's for next month (which may be repeatable outside of it, too!).

I had fun stopping by for my first round of in-game RP. Seren will definitely find her way back there again. :D

I'm so glad! You're welcome any time!

had to keep going afk cause of kids (you know how they can be lul) but overall had a lot of fun, the scavenger hunt/race was pretty clever too. had me running past a couple of hiding spots more than once before i found them xD

I do know how they can be! I'm glad you had fun. The scavenger hunt was a nice little practice run for later events, so I'm glad that it was fun and there seemed to be a decent length of time in there.

It took me forever to find Mhaya, a lot of those spots were really well thought out. I got lucky moving my camera to see the rooftop Dragoon (which by the way, I was super into the DRG being on the roof xD)

I did say they were sneaky! I knew where they all were, and would have had a hell of a time finding them had I been participating! They really made you guys work for those prizes!

@ Kiipa: Maybe for the scavenger hunts post a message to clean out your bags of crafting mats first? I know I regretted having mine on me yesterday lol. 

Also...I wonder if it's possible to put together something for the...ah...directionally stupid of us. I'd have gotten back faster...but I might have gotten lost...once...or twice...That's probably just user error though lol, I have the directional sense of a drunk rock.

All in all I had a load of fun, it was super busy and the chat was lively. 20/10 would come again.

@ Kiipa: Maybe for the scavenger hunts post a message to clean out your bags of crafting mats first? I know I regretted having mine on me yesterday lol. 

Also...I wonder if it's possible to put together something for the...ah...directionally stupid of us. I'd have gotten back faster...but I might have gotten lost...once...or twice...That's probably just user error though lol, I have the directional sense of a drunk rock.

All in all I had a load of fun, it was super busy and the chat was lively. 20/10 would come again.

Ha! Yeah, definitely should have reminded myself on that end. My bags were stuffed with the prizes and I realized my issue when the first one came back and it was only by handing over his prize that I had enough space!

I will definitely throw up a next time to help people get back to base, so to speak Especially given that some of our hunts might... well, be larger than just the Goblet!

It was busy! I think we had quite a few leave because it was overwhelming - I do hope they'll come back during quieter periods. As Anton can attest to, he and I were in Skype and I was comically frantic. I'm just happy people had fun! It bodes well for us to open up next week!

It was busy! I think we had quite a few leave because it was overwhelming - I do hope they'll come back during quieter periods. As Anton can attest to, he and I were in Skype and I was comically frantic. I'm just happy people had fun! It bodes well for us to open up next week!

I think at least half of our conversation during the first half of the event was something like..

"Shh, shh, it's okay, calm down, calm down, we're doing fine.."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"No, see, that's not calming down.. It's okay, I got this, just focus on the newcomers!"

"AHHHHHHH...?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

Well, sorta. I mean, she had actual words in there every now and then.