Escape pod: Launched

Hi there!

A friend tortured me into convinced me to make the jump from Star Wars: The Old Republic after the RP grew stale and the community toxic, so's I figured I'd drop by and say hi before I dove in!

Been doin' tabletop for what feels like forever (I got my first taste of DMing running FFD6, even. :D), and I got my start roleplaying on forums and the like around 9 or 10 years ago. SWTOR was my first experience in MMO roleplay, tho, and after four years I'm putting it down.

Far as characters go, so far I've got a big talking drunk, an obsessive thaumaturge, and a Doman refugee Miqo'te. I'm usually a bit slow on the wiki pages, but they'll be up sometime or another.

Lookin' forward to playin' with y'all!

Hale and Well Met! Welcome to FFXIV, I'm glad you made the Inter-Universal Lightspeed jump over to Eorzea! We might not have Lightsabers and Jedi but we have staves and magic! Robes are universal. :P 

Anyways, Welcome to the RPC! The RP community is mostly centered on Balmung (Which is closed to character creation but not character transfers) But I also know for a fact that there are RP communities on almost every server.

Hiya and welcome to the RPC!

We've got all sorts of resources here and if you need any help with sorting through any, feel free to poke me on here or in game if you make it to Balmung. :>

As Nevahe said, most of the RPers on the RPC are on Balmung, but we've also got people on Gilgamesh, Siren, Jenova and a few more. Some of them are listed in our Linkshell Hall section, but it's far from all of them!

I claim full responsibility for bringing Aty around! Please be nice to them since we've been friends for over three years :D Don't make me sic Leih on you >_>

Also, Chip, you are also an ex-SWTOR? O,O Didn't know.

I claim full responsibility for bringing Aty around! Please be nice to them since we've been friends for over three years :D Don't make me sic Leih on you >_>

Also, Chip, you are also an ex-SWTOR? O,O Didn't know.

Yuup. Strolled about on Ebon Hawk a year or so ago. Good times good times.

As you can see there are many ex SWTOR folks. You should fit in quite well.

The play style is a bit different but RP wise quite similar IMO.

The main on is that FFXIV favors the single character, with them being able to have every class. SWTOR is more alt focused with shared storage, housing etc..

I did RP on Lord Ardraas -> Ebon Hawk for 2.5 years before making a roundabout jump to FFXIV after a relatively brief stint on Wildstar, and I know how all that goes. You'll find the community very active in FFXIV, and NOT having the playerbase split between two factions is a godsend.