Anyone going to Anime Expo 2016 in LA?

Are you going to Anime Expo 2016?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to Anime Expo 2016?

Hi, everyone :D Just wanted to ask this question since I'm curious ^^ I'm hoping to attend as an Artist Alley artist. I don't know if anyone here goes to AX, but it'd be nice to meet new people there C:

(Also, this is also random, but does anyone know how to edit the polls on this forum? xD I'm having a bit of trouble after posting my thread and I can't see the results ;; )

I live near LA, but I'm not going this year. 

I have to go to Europe for a wedding that week :c

Maybe next year~

Ah, well, I hope that the couple whose wedding you're attending will have a beautiful wedding and that their wedded bliss will last forever ^o^

It's a once-in-a-lifetime event, so I do hope that you have fun in Europe ^^

I used to go to AX a lot because I grew up in that area. ...these days, it's more like I'll go to visit some friends attending and then hit up a good restaurant with them. I haven't really bought a badge in a few years because I haven't had any reasons to go.

I did hear we have some good panels this year though!

I used to go to AX a lot because I grew up in that area. ...these days, it's more like I'll go to visit some friends attending and then hit up a good restaurant with them. I haven't really bought a badge in a few years because I haven't had any reasons to go.

Well... we skipped a year. Or two. Or then we got a day pass or exhibit hall pass.

I almost sorta regret not going to last year's because Uchikoshi showed up and announced Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3). Instead I just hyped it up by refreshing neogaf and the subreddit in Little Tokyo.

I mean I may go if I find out friends from out of state go but I generally skip out on Anime Expo itself now. I don't spend much time going around the hall or to panels, when I go to Exhibit Hall I check out my friends' booths in artist alley or check if there's some odd manga I haven't been able to purchase online. But almost all the time I find a hallway with an outlet, hook up the Karma or Wifi hotspot of choice and play FFXIV. Then find food.

AX is "Find friends. Say hi. Check out Exhibit Hall. Sit in hallways. Eat with friends. Sit in hallways. Eat FUCKING BOMB AYCE KOREAN BBQ WITH FRIENDS. Go home."

The west coast is awfully far for a convention. A few of us are lucky enough to be local or local enough to attend Otakon though! Obviously, you should come over to the best coast and hang out here!

Ah, I'm sorry that it's a bit far. I'd like to attend Otakon someday, too ^^ Maybe meet you, your wifey and a bunch of others :D

More of my OL friends also prefer Otakon more (the East Coast usually seems much cooler xD; but until then, I'm stuck in Cali with AX and the scorching LA heat. I'll definitely work towards funds for Otakon in the future, though OuO)b

Well... we skipped a year. Or two. Or then we got a day pass or exhibit hall pass.

I almost sorta regret not going to last year's because Uchikoshi showed up and announced Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3). Instead I just hyped it up by refreshing neogaf and the subreddit in Little Tokyo.

I mean I may go if I find out friends from out of state go but I generally skip out on Anime Expo itself now. I don't spend much time going around the hall or to panels, when I go to Exhibit Hall I check out my friends' booths in artist alley or check if there's some odd manga I haven't been able to purchase online. But almost all the time I find a hallway with an outlet, hook up the Karma or Wifi hotspot of choice and play FFXIV. Then find food.

AX is "Find friends. Say hi. Check out Exhibit Hall. Sit in hallways. Eat with friends. Sit in hallways. Eat FUCKING BOMB AYCE KOREAN BBQ WITH FRIENDS. Go home."

A lot of my conventions are like this now. I meet friends, eat good food, attend guests' events if they interest me, and go to exhibitors for artwork and merchandise. Though honestly even the atmosphere of being at a con is still remarkable to me.

Anisong World Matsuri makes American debut at Anime Expo 2016! Anisong World Matsuri is a series of events and music concerts featuring:

Japan Super Live (7/2): Eir Aoi, JAM Project, Luna Haruna, Minami, sphere, T. M. Revolution, Yoko Ishida, DJ Kazu

Japan Band Battle (7/3): FLOW, OLDCODEX

ONE PUNCH MATSURI at AX (7/2): Performance by JAM Project, with guests Makoto Furukawa as Saitama, Director Shingo Natsume, and more…

Love Live! Sunshine!! Event: Nice to Meet You, We are Aqours! (7/2): Anju Inami as Chika Takami, Rikako Aida as Riko Sakurauchi, Nanaka Suwa as Kanan Matsuura, Arisa Komiya as Dia Kurosawa, Kanako Takatsuki as Hanamaru Kunikida, Ai Furihata as Ruby Kurosawa

OH FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

• 1 month later...

If I wasn't utterly lethargic piece of shit in the summer I'd probably be up for more at Anime Expo...

The guest list is fucking stacked.

http://www.anime-expo.org/guests/

I'm not the biggest fan of Makoto Shinkai (his works are little -too- bittersweet for my liking) but he'll also be there along with the world premier of his latest work.

YOSHITAKA AMANO!!!!!!~~~

Hell their music line up too... TM Revolution and FLOW...

it's stacked. So Stacked.