Overwatch Thread

Nothing like persuading the group to run 6 McCree's then the entire match to run 12 McCree's and have a show down in the route 66.

I prefer 12 Lucios in that one level of Ilios with the sunken point. Have yourself a roller derby.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or all go S:76 and spam "WE ARE ALL SOLDIERS NOW"

And have the enemy team joining in. It was glorious.

And once I came across someone with the same name as I. We continued rambling into All chat and piss everyone off. It was amazing.

I understand the pros and cons on being able to pick several identical heroes in the same team and that people have different tastes, but I really wish they added a game mode where it's prohibited. I really loathe that cheese. :c

I understand the pros and cons on being able to pick several identical heroes in the same team and that people have different tastes, but I really wish they added a game mode where it's prohibited. I really loathe that cheese. :c

They have it in the weekly brawl. When that comes around you can do hero locks then. Also custom games allow you to to do this and I believe you can open join to public individuals for custom games.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/14/overwatch-gets-new-patch-details-changes-to-mccree-and-widowmaker/

“McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations,” the patch notes read. In response, Blizzard decreased alternative fire bullet damage from 75 to 45, while increasing recovery time to 0.3 seconds.

“By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.”

Meanwhile, Widowmaker’s scoped shot damage has decreased from 15 to 12, although the damage multiplier is unchanged. Players also have to wait for the unscoping animation to finish before scoping again, and the Infra-Sight Ultimate cost was raised by 10%. The good news is the headshot damage multiplier has beenincreased to 2.5x.

“By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.”

This change should also help deal with those who just spam the right-click and still kill me despite missing half their shots due to bad aim. :thumbsup:

I love how the widowmaker nerf just means she has to tap left mouse twice to kill Zenyatta. You don't even really need to work that much harder to aim, because he's slow and a shot with 25% charge will drop him after the first body hit. (Also, what kind of scrub quickscopes on Widowmaker? It works nothing like the whole meta in CoD...but hey, they nerfed it anyway.)

I love how the widowmaker nerf just means she has to tap left mouse twice to kill Zenyatta. You don't even really need to work that much harder to aim, because he's slow and a shot with 25% charge will drop him after the first body hit. (Also, what kind of scrub quickscopes on Widowmaker? It works nothing like the whole meta in CoD...but hey, they nerfed it anyway.)

Actually, the 100% charge rifle on the foot is pretty strong that your HP drops to 20-40% as normal character. Then closer to the chest is 80-100% damage depending on the character. Tanks take 40-50% damage.

Widowmaker's charge shot was too ridiculous even without headshot. So that's the biggest reason people complained about WM's damage.

I was also hoping to slightly balance nerf Hanzo to match with nerfed WM as well since Hanzo's arrow can hurt a lot still (I dont mean his ulti)

I was also hoping to slightly balance nerf Hanzo to match with nerfed WM as well since Hanzo's arrow can hurt a lot still (I dont mean his ulti)

Tbh, Hanzo having twice the hitbox on characters than anyone else is what makes him so powerful.

Tbh, Hanzo having twice the hitbox on characters than anyone else is what makes him so powerful.

Probably why I have huge issues about that, and it should be slightly nerfed to balance it out.

And DVa needs more love.

I just can't wait to see how many more Tracers there are now. Making it a bit trickier for McCree to shut them down, and significantly trickier for Widowmaker means they'll have a lot more opportunity to be annoying pieces of scum once again. CAVALRY'S HERE INNIT BRUV

Personally didn't feel McCree or Widowmaker needed nerfs... well, maybe Widowmaker a little... but certainly not the BAMF Cowboy.

If anyone needs any nerfing, imo it's Hanzo or Mei. But... that's just me, I guess. *shrug*

I disagree, while I love playing as Mei - Mei is quite a low tier enough to be not needing for a nerf =|

There is almost a lot of McCree players and they tend to outplay more than Reaper/Soldier 76 and somtimes Scrubstion.

Personally didn't feel McCree or Widowmaker needed nerfs... well, maybe Widowmaker a little... but certainly not the BAMF Cowboy.

If anyone needs any nerfing, imo it's Hanzo or Mei. But... that's just me, I guess. *shrug*

McCree was not intended to be able to solo tanks. With his Fan the Hammer, roll, Fan combo (usually with Flashbang), he could take out basically anyone in the game besides a Roadhog. It needed tweaking.

I do hate Hanzo's hitboxes and Mei in general, though.

Mei is fine. Just use distance against her. Even as primarily a Reinhardt player (due to people not wanting to play tank for whatever reason) I can outsmart her slow and two/three-shot her.

McCree certainly needed the nerfs. He was killing tanks with his stun combo, something that was wildly out of balance. As it stood, no one stood a chance against him if he was utilized right. He could snipe Pharah out of the sky and stun kill literally any other character.

There is a video where the poster is actually trying to shoot near heads of the bots in the training area (will have to find it back...), both with widowmaker and hanzo.

I was the first stunned to see it, but there seemed to be no hitbox difference.

I think that feeling might more come from a difference in behavior between arrows and instant hit projectiles...

EDIT; I think it's only without scope

EDIT2: nevermind, i'm confused by all the vids that show the contrary now.